SSEi hype? - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2004, 08:24 AM   #21
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brewerton NY
Posts: 551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
karfreek is on a distinguished road
Default

I have a 99 SSEi and 99 GP GT in my garage and off the line they are both the same, but after 30 the GP seems to fall on its face compared to my SSEi. Of course that is not apples to apples, but still. Also, the */C 3800 has a nice hum to it when pushed, the NA 3800 get loud and harsh.

Also, someone made a comment about */Ced SSEi'* getting bad city, I get 21 and that is with a few WOTs in the mix. On the hyway it is very common for me to get 420mi out of 15 gallons, I cant ask for more.

Jay
karfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:12 AM   #22
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom88 is on a distinguished road
Default

Guess I really didn't notice a difference going from SC to NA but when I stepped back into my car damn... what a difference! Going from NA to SC IS a big difference. Sorry for doubting it. :( I guess I was just surprised by the SLE. They're not that bad at all.
Custom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 PM   #23
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsuperchargedEi
im real suprised that i never heard any crap about my stock ssei running 14.9'* @ 95!!

yea i witnessed that



ok I know that MY 1993 SLE is capable of 15.XX the fact of the matter is that i am running the orignal spark plugs, and wires, that have 72,000 miles on them. All orignal exhaust components, and the trans has a slight chuggle going into third. my intake setup is not as efficient as Zias'* because i had to use the stock acccordian tube and i dont have a ram air setup yet. I feel that I can beat a stock 92-93 SSEi with replacing the plugs, cat and muffler, and a better intake setup

I pulled 16.5 with a 2.3 60" time in the 85+ degree air temp and 95-100+ track temp. I didnt have any time to cool down between runs. i got 16 runs in within 2 hrs
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #24
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

and another thing MR llBlazin_llLo an SSEi even and SSE will give up several hundred pounds to an SE/SLE.

so look up what every you wnat in the internet I want to see your facts before you start calling us here liars

how dare you say that people on this fourm, believe that things are not true, and just sit back and listen to them. there have been members that have had false claims of HP and track times that have been banned from there

when a member posts a track time it is backed up by a slip, video or an other member there to witness it.

this is one club that prides itself on integrity and posting of factual material

you llBlazin_llLo are in fact
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:18 PM   #25
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago,IL MWBF '04 SURVIVOR MWBF '05 SURVIVOR Napa Manager
Posts: 3,955
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kennginn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssesc93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtk2
And anyways, put $100 into the SE/SLE and then put $100 into the SSEi...you'll notice the difference there...mostly in tire wear though.
Amen to tire wear. Heck of a lotta fun to drive a car with an */C. That'* all I have to say.

I triple that!!!
i need new tires now LOL
Kennginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:22 PM   #26
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

My two cents as it cools off in here. Jason, I don't think your mods stack up to 35 hp, and a 93 SSEi probably puts out a bit more than the 1992 rated 205. That'* all moot when you look at the torque, and look at HOW that torque is delivered.

A stock 92 and especially 93 SSEi, in proper condition, would hand you your *** on your best day at the track. It'* a fact. And your gearing is not enough to save you.
I think it would have been more apparent if a 92 or 93 SSEi in good condition had run at Byron the same day, same conditions, etc. You'd see what we're talking about.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:29 PM   #27
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago,IL MWBF '04 SURVIVOR MWBF '05 SURVIVOR Napa Manager
Posts: 3,955
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kennginn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
My two cents as it cools off in here. Jason, I don't think your mods stack up to 35 hp, and a 93 SSEi probably puts out a bit more than the 1992 rated 205. That'* all moot when you look at the torque, and look at HOW that torque is delivered.

A stock 92 and especially 93 SSEi, in proper condition, would hand you your A$$ on your best day at the track. It'* a fact. And your gearing is not enough to save you.
I think it would have been more apparent if a 92 or 93 SSEi in good condition had run at Byron the same day, same conditions, etc. You'd see what we're talking about.
can i come then next time
Kennginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:31 PM   #28
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago,IL MWBF '04 SURVIVOR MWBF '05 SURVIVOR Napa Manager
Posts: 3,955
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kennginn is on a distinguished road
Default

I GOT BOTH
Kennginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #29
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMeMN is on a distinguished road
Default

SSsuperchargedEI, that was a good run But you're not a S1.

That 4 door GTP had one driver with a helmet, and a lilttle girl, maybe less then 10 years old. Vacuum leak? The 14 times are stock cars with no headlight, no backseat, spare, etc.

I am plenty cool, infact i'm laughing at this. I've posted personal facts, witnessed by others, or numbers from a few websites (i can get more if you'd like).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willwren
A stock 92 and especially 93 SSEi, in proper condition, would hand you your A$$ on your best day at the track. It'* a fact.
Best day? It'* my only day, first time. Keep that in mind.

It'* not a fact, lets see somthing other then your opinion. Your position doesn't make you automatcially right. If this statement gets me in trouble then so be it.

It'* my comparing a modified car to a stock SSEi, a car that can apparantly be beat by a Stock 1990 Quad 4 GA.

I never stated i had any level of power output, because i'm not a show off. I could post more, but it'* apparant that no one gives a **** about the facts, or what little i've done. My

I don't need to prove myself to anyone, which is why no one will ever see another post about my car unless it'* for sale.
BonneMeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #30
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
95naSTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95naSTA is on a distinguished road
Default

geeze i thought i had drama on here.
95naSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
93 SSEi with 94 SSEi Throttle body, will it work? My new car Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 5 06-11-2004 01:57 AM
94 ssei vs 96 ssei phoenix_flame220 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 21 06-10-2004 09:08 PM
GTO hype? bigd Lounge 57 06-06-2004 11:51 PM
98/99 ssei, interior the same as a 93 ssei? mikey 1992-1999 11 02-07-2004 03:16 AM
zzzzzeke fell into that clay bar type of hype! zzzzzeke Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 16 06-12-2003 07:07 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.