INTENSE PCMs - Page 6 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


2000-2005 Discuss your 2000-2005 Bonneville SE, SLE, and SSEi Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #51
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cicero Illinois
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bob 86 is on a distinguished road
Default

I didn't get to it yet. Been trying to finish my mustang that has been sitting for the last 5 years. I have to change the tone ring on the diff, because of the 3.29 gears. So its a little more complicated than just the computer swap.
Bob 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:20 PM   #52
Executed
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BadSSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

2001'* are now shipping!

Scott
BadSSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #53
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio 2000 Black SSEi
Posts: 6,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default

Nice, there you go Taylor! Now you can get your own dyno numbers
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000SilverBullet is on a distinguished road
Default

I may not be far behind, if I don't get resolution on the problem with my DHP from ZZP soon.
I'm almost positive that it is a fuel limiter but can't prove it. But should I have to? If I switch back to the OEM PCM, no problem, but when I reinstall the DHP, limitation at around 5300 rpm in second gear. I'll never be able to post a 1/4 mi time that way.
2000SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:01 PM   #55
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio 2000 Black SSEi
Posts: 6,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SilverBullet
I may not be far behind, if I don't get resolution on the problem with my DHP from ZZP soon.
I'm almost positive that it is a fuel limiter but can't prove it. But should I have to? If I switch back to the OEM PCM, no problem, but when I reinstall the DHP, limitation at around 5300 rpm in second gear. I'll never be able to post a 1/4 mi time that way.
There are 2 limiters. A fuel and a timing limiter. We had a problem early on in my car until Scott found the fuel limiter in the code.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:27 AM   #56
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,712
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TaylorD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue
Nice, there you go Taylor! Now you can get your own dyno numbers
You can count on it, Scott used my 01 VIN to crack the code. Just need to get some TOGs and I'll put in the PCM. Think it matters if the PCM goes in before the headers?

Silver, you need to get on the phone and get things going, that stinks though cause I was going to get a DHP, untill I talked to Scott in person and he showed me how they program.
TaylorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:37 AM   #57
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio 2000 Black SSEi
Posts: 6,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorD
Think it matters if the PCM goes in before the headers?
Not if you stay with the 3.4. The 3.2 and headers didnt help me until i got the PCM so if you do it first you should be golden and it will be a lot more fun to drive while you save for the headers
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:40 PM   #58
Executed
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BadSSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

2003 SSEi PCM'* are now shipping!

2000SilverBullet - why don't you order an INTENSE Standard PCM and see if we can cure your problem. Remember that we have a 'seven day money back if you don't like it' policy in place. If our box doesn't work right in your car, you can actually have a full refund before you even get your credit card bill

Scott
BadSSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:03 PM   #59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000SilverBullet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Scott used my 01 VIN to crack the code.
How is that possible? The VIN # only confirms what model /options you have and the production date.

Quote:
2000SilverBullet - why don't you order an INTENSE Standard PCM and see if we can cure your problem. Remember that we have a 'seven day money back if you don't like it' policy in place. If our box doesn't work right in your car, you can actually have a full refund before you even get your credit card bill
Oh you can count on it but probably not for another month or two.
7 days after I receive it I hope cause it takes a minimum 2 wks to get here thru customs after you ship it if all papers are correct.

I'm really disappointed with ZZP. As the distributor, they should be pressuring DHP to satisfy. I've done a lot of business with them and promoted them in the past. This is a legitimate problem. I am more than willing to return the unit back to them after I recieve a replacement that works with my mods.
2000SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:29 PM   #60
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westerville, Ohio 2000 Black SSEi
Posts: 6,127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SilverBullet
Quote:
Scott used my 01 VIN to crack the code.
How is that possible? The VIN # only confirms what model /options you have and the production date.

Quote:
2000SilverBullet - why don't you order an INTENSE Standard PCM and see if we can cure your problem. Remember that we have a 'seven day money back if you don't like it' policy in place. If our box doesn't work right in your car, you can actually have a full refund before you even get your credit card bill
Oh you can count on it but probably not for another month or two.
7 days after I receive it I hope cause it takes a minimum 2 wks to get here thru customs after you ship it if all papers are correct.


I'm really disappointed with ZZP. As the distributor, they should be pressuring DHP to satisfy. I've done a lot of business with them and promoted them in the past. This is a legitimate problem. I am more than willing to return the unit back to them after I recieve a replacement that works with my mods.
Scott read Taylor'* PCM Binary file through his reader. Then he sent the BIN to his PCM guys who cracked the binary and opened it for editing.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
These PCMs CadaverFE 2000-2005 6 03-12-2010 05:52 PM
Question about Intense PCMs petraman Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 3 05-07-2007 07:25 AM
Custom Chip Reprogramming for pre-OBDII PCMs Darth Fiero Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 5 07-08-2004 03:05 AM
Custom PCMS BonneMeMN Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 4 05-04-2004 10:38 PM
Intense now offering PCMs for $199 USD Foghorn Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 11 04-01-2004 01:47 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.