Bandit's Surging/Poor Idle - Page 7 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


1992-1999 Series I L27 (1992-1994 SE,SLE, SSE) & Series II L36 (1995-1999 SE, SSE, SLE) and common problems for the Series I and II L67 (all supercharged models 92-99) Including Olds 88's, Olds LSS's and Buick Lesabres Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #61
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Posts: 5,656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Archon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymybonneliveforever
I sear to God, the way everyone ignores me, I must be Canadian.

Sorry....did you say something?

Seriously, though. Sorry....what did I miss.
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #62
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NERV is on a distinguished road
Default

if you can swap in a known good MAF i would try that. ive had a similar problem and it was the maf, cleaning the old one didnt help but replacing it fixed it
NERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:54 PM   #63
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERV
if you can swap in a known good MAF i would try that. ive had a similar problem and it was the maf, cleaning the old one didnt help but replacing it fixed it
thats what I have been saying all along maybe he'll listen to you.
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #64
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEBF:06,07 | NYBF:06,07 | ONBF:06,07 | CNBF:06 & more............
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bandit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcollier07
Quote:
Originally Posted by NERV
if you can swap in a known good MAF i would try that. ive had a similar problem and it was the maf, cleaning the old one didnt help but replacing it fixed it
thats what I have been saying all along maybe he'll listen to you.

Again.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcollier07

Ryan: you said you did the MAF test...did you REPLACE it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit
Ok did that test with the MAF.

Still having the same problem. :(
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM   #65
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEBF:06,07 | NYBF:06,07 | ONBF:06,07 | CNBF:06 & more............
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bandit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon
Ryan, has the O2 been swapped out recently? It looks like the IAC is trying to keep up, but I'm not as sure about the O2 variations. Try the TPS, and see what that does first.
Yup the O2 is New, has like 5 or 8K on it now.. its a AC delco
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #66
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
motorhead is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, I'm not trying to sound like a broken record, but you never answered my last question...
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #67
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEBF:06,07 | NYBF:06,07 | ONBF:06,07 | CNBF:06 & more............
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bandit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Well, I'm not trying to sound like a broken record, but you never answered my last question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit
Ok cleaned the EGR, Checked for leaks.

Every thing seems ok far as EGR

But still having the problem
And the code hasn't come back, so i know that not the problem.

From all the data and what other people think, its sounds like a TPS.

Also my dads car is having kinda the same problem at the idle to start.. like mine.
He thinks its his TPS also.


Im going to try to get a TPS "cheap" and put it in and see what happens
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #68
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
motorhead is on a distinguished road
Default

I know you said you cleaned it, but you didn't say if you drove the car with it unplugged. I'm not saying it is defiantly EGR related, but if it is, the PCM may not be picking up on the fault if the EGR is still operating within the "window" that the PCM wants to see, so it may not set the code.

The more you describe it, the less it sounds like EGR. The thing is, it is such an easy test that I'm surprised you haven't tried it yet?

From what I interpreted of the graphs you posted, the TPS looked like it was working fine when the RPMs were low? But I'm not familiar with the scan tool you used or what "you" were doing when these graphs were recorded...your "actual" throttle position compared to what the graph says.

If the TPS values on the graph match what you were doing with the accelerator pedal, then I would say that your TPS is working just fine.

This is a very technical subject with the introduction of the data you have access to, which is the reason why I was asking for clarification on the EGR "unplugging" test that I mentioned.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #69
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEBF:06,07 | NYBF:06,07 | ONBF:06,07 | CNBF:06 & more............
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bandit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
I know you said you cleaned it, but you didn't say if you drove the car with it unplugged. I'm not saying it is defiantly EGR related, but if it is, the PCM may not be picking up on the fault if the EGR is still operating within the "window" that the PCM wants to see, so it may not set the code.

The more you describe it, the less it sounds like EGR. The thing is, it is such an easy test that I'm surprised you haven't tried it yet?

From what I interpreted of the graphs you posted, the TPS looked like it was working fine when the RPMs were low? But I'm not familiar with the scan tool you used or what "you" were doing when these graphs were recorded...your "actual" throttle position compared to what the graph says.

If the TPS values on the graph match what you were doing with the accelerator pedal, then I would say that your TPS is working just fine.

This is a very technical subject with the introduction of the data you have access to, which is the reason why I was asking for clarification on the EGR "unplugging" test that I mentioned.
If you read the Thread/my post about the problem and the Charts you will see what i was doing.

The problem has always been and still is...

1: Stopped, Holding the brake, Give a Just a bit of gas, and it chuggles/sputters while holding the gas steady.

2: At Speed and while the TR converter is locked around 48-55 you can feel it the most because of where the RPMs are at. You hold the gas study or hold it a bit for going up a hill and ir will chug / sputter.


Far as the EGR, this problem has been happing way longer the the EGR Code, so im pretty sure it not related.
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #70
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
motorhead is on a distinguished road
Default

Well fine then, don't do such a simple test as driving the car with the EGR valve electrical connector unplugged. I hope you can get the problem fixed.

I seriously do look forward to finding out what the cause of this is, not for the sake of who'* right and who'* wrong, I just realy would like to know as this one has truely stumped me.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor, Poor GTP!(now with before pics) sse1990 Lounge 22 07-07-2004 01:19 PM
Look at my poor poor trunk, what's wrong with this? TaylorD General GM Chat 19 03-20-2004 08:54 PM
that poor poor neon...like i care! SSEimatt93 Lounge 4 10-22-2003 03:48 PM
poor poor civic LOL SSEimatt93 General GM Chat 6 05-12-2003 11:05 AM
Poor Poor Hollywood :( Tamara 1992-1999 3 11-17-2002 07:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.