L67 tuning help - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning Talk about modifications, or anything else associated with performance enhancements. Have a new idea for performance/reliability? Post it here. No idea is stupid! (please use Detailing and Appearance for cosmetic ideas)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #11
Retired Senior Admin

Expert Gearhead
 
Danthurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sheboygan Wisconsin
Posts: 29,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Danthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to all
Default

When I do a VE tune, I copy my high octane table in to my low octane table, then go to the hot PE table and make all cells 100. Then go to engine diagnostics and set MAF fail frequency to 0, then reset the fuel trims. Now drive for a good time while scanning. when done go to teh LTFT table and click the upper left corner of that window, that will high light the whole window. Right click and copy. Then go to the tuner and choose VE vs RPM vs MAP, click the upper left corner again, high light the whole table and paste special, choose ADD. That will adjust all the cells by the off amount. Then repeat. however, do not reset the fuel trims again. Only that first time.
Danthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
xtremerevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 2,478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xtremerevolution is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthurs View Post
When I do a VE tune, I copy my high octane table in to my low octane table, then go to the hot PE table and make all cells 100. Then go to engine diagnostics and set MAF fail frequency to 0, then reset the fuel trims. Now drive for a good time while scanning. when done go to teh LTFT table and click the upper left corner of that window, that will high light the whole window. Right click and copy. Then go to the tuner and choose VE vs RPM vs MAP, click the upper left corner again, high light the whole table and paste special, choose ADD. That will adjust all the cells by the off amount. Then repeat. however, do not reset the fuel trims again. Only that first time.
I don't have the option to set the MAF fail frequency to 0. It just doesn't show up in my tuner. That whole tab is blank, and I have no idea why, so I figure unplugging it will do the same thing.

Otherwise, I followed the exact same steps and got that problem.
xtremerevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
Retired Senior Admin

Expert Gearhead
 
Danthurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sheboygan Wisconsin
Posts: 29,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Danthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to all
Default

Unplugging it does the same thing. Odd that your VE tables just wont come in. I still think there'* a mechanical or sensor problem. You simply can't tune around that stuff.
Danthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
xtremerevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 2,478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xtremerevolution is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthurs View Post
Unplugging it does the same thing. Odd that your VE tables just wont come in. I still think there'* a mechanical or sensor problem. You simply can't tune around that stuff.
What could it be? It works perfectly fine, 100%, when the MAF is plugged in, but the moment I unplug it, the IAC valve goes wide open, fuel trims show rich, and I'm essentially unable to tune anything. Its as if the PCM doesn't know what to do when the MAF is unplugged. I've had the car go into speed density mode on me before, when I was driving through the mountains in Utah and the MAF went out of range due to very thin air going through very very fast. That didn't cause this problem at all. I wonder if there'* any way to force the MAF to fail without actually unplugging it. That might allow me to tune the VE tables.
xtremerevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
Retired Senior Admin

Expert Gearhead
 
Danthurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sheboygan Wisconsin
Posts: 29,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Danthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to all
Default

You did check under the engine diagnostics tab right? That'* not the same as the engine tab. That'* where the fail setting is. It'* odd your IAC is doing that. That'* a huge vacuum leak and why your having problems. But why it opens when you unplug the MAF is beyond me. Have you tried unplugging the IAC as well as the MAF?
Danthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
xtremerevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 2,478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xtremerevolution is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthurs View Post
You did check under the engine diagnostics tab right? That'* not the same as the engine tab. That'* where the fail setting is. It'* odd your IAC is doing that. That'* a huge vacuum leak and why your having problems. But why it opens when you unplug the MAF is beyond me. Have you tried unplugging the IAC as well as the MAF?
Yep, I did check under the engine diagnostics tab. For some reason I have nothing there, its just blank. I've seen screenshots of what should be there though.

I have not yet tried to unplug the IAC as well as the MAF. I could give that a try and see what happens.
xtremerevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help with tuning and driveability issues gojo83 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 10-24-2011 07:17 AM
Need transmission tuning help! xtremerevolution Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 15 09-29-2010 11:14 AM
fine tuning the L67 toronado trofeo superchargedtrofeo Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 22 03-07-2007 05:50 PM
Actron Tool and Tuning Help duceyducese Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 02-22-2007 03:06 PM
need help with figuring out box tuning for midbass jachin Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 23 03-09-2004 12:05 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.