It's totalled (now with pics) - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #21
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bloomington, MN
Posts: 3,693
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoldenBullet is on a distinguished road
Default

wow im glad youre okay! did you both have insurance?

remember....seatbelts save lives
GoldenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
95naSTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95naSTA is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow. Thats terrible.
It sounds like you got banged up but good to hear it wasn't any worse..
95naSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,816
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GonneVille is on a distinguished road
Default

This is when you start to appreciate the fact that Volvo has stuck with fully welded steel cab frames when other manufacturers went over to bonded aluminum...

Was he a company driver?



Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren


Is it even LEGAL for a vehicle that big to pass in an opposing lane?
Yes, depending on the state. In Chad'* case, hell, no. He had his blinker on, which means the other driver is in deep sh*t.
Chad, don't screw around. If his insurance comes back with anything less than total replacement and full medical coverage, sue the sh*t out of them.
GonneVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #24
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chadow427 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonneVille
This is when you start to appreciate the fact that Volvo has stuck with fully welded steel cab frames when other manufacturers went over to bonded aluminum...

Was he a company driver?



Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren


Is it even LEGAL for a vehicle that big to pass in an opposing lane?
Yes, depending on the state. In Chad'* case, H***, no. He had his blinker on, which means the other driver is in deep sh*t.
Chad, don't screw around. If his insurance comes back with anything less than total replacement and full medical coverage, sue the sh*t out of them.
That was my next question. I have no idea what to do lawsuit wise. If the company is reasonable and willing to pay, I see no need to sue for more. However, my back'* pretty jacked up, and I don't want to risk later problems that I'll have to pay outta my pocket.

Yeah, I think he was a company driver.
chadow427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #25
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chadow427 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilinMichael
Wow...that'* some serious wreck man, sorry to hear.

Like clash of the titans or something, I've never seen 18 wheelers wreck before...holy crap.
Kinda funny you say that, I said the exact same thing about the clash of the titans right afterwards.
chadow427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #26
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,816
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GonneVille is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadow427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonneVille
This is when you start to appreciate the fact that Volvo has stuck with fully welded steel cab frames when other manufacturers went over to bonded aluminum...

Was he a company driver?



Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren


Is it even LEGAL for a vehicle that big to pass in an opposing lane?
Yes, depending on the state. In Chad'* case, H***, no. He had his blinker on, which means the other driver is in deep sh*t.
Chad, don't screw around. If his insurance comes back with anything less than total replacement and full medical coverage, sue the sh*t out of them.
That was my next question. I have no idea what to do lawsuit wise. If the company is reasonable and willing to pay, I see no need to sue for more. However, my back'* pretty jacked up, and I don't want to risk later problems that I'll have to pay outta my pocket.

Yeah, I think he was a company driver.
Do NOT settle. If you settle, that'* it. No more money if you have later medical problems related to your injuries...the thing to do, RIGHT NOW, is talk to a lawyer. Make certain he understands that you won't settle for anything less than total cost, complete medical, and lost time/productivity.
GonneVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #27
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Don't let his username fool you. His name is Shadd.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #28
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,816
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GonneVille is on a distinguished road
Default

I knew that...my bad...
GonneVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #29
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 7,545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hans is on a distinguished road
Default

wtf.... thats all I gotta say...dont those trucks have like multiple blinker lights in the back?
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000SilverBullet is on a distinguished road
Default

You're assuming he used his blinkers.......like we assume he should have had a seat belt on.

Shadd lives in country where the biggest truck rules the road and is exempt from the rules
2000SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Totalled *pics* Phantom Lounge 22 08-27-2006 10:25 PM
add another car to my totalled list *CLEAR PICS* GAMEOVER Lounge 38 01-11-2006 06:48 PM
totalled Bonnie .... Now with picture! randallons General GM Chat 48 05-11-2004 02:22 PM
1996 SSEi ..the next alien concept (95 was totalled) BonneAlien Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 2 01-10-2003 08:31 PM
They Totalled my bonneville. Here is the car i am buying.. BonneAlien 1992-1999 63 12-13-2002 03:11 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.