Goodbye to everyone. - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #31
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MyLittleBlackBird is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeast420

You know we only let him stick around because he'* Ben'* friend
Another fine example of, "It'* not what you know but who you know."
MyLittleBlackBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of Buffalo, NY *** NEBF '05, '06, '07 *** ***ONBF & NYBF 06; 07*** ***WCBF 06***
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
singscountry1967 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey Alie!

Sorry to hear about your situation, however, Tracy is right in that everything happens for a reason. I would get more than one opinion, I would get two or three before going through surgery. In fact, I would even consult a chiropractor. Some people swear by them, others swear to stay away from them. I would likely be tempted to see one before going into surgery, though.
singscountry1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #33
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default

You always know the right things to say Tracy, and if you said it twice, then I'd agree with you twice as much.
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #34
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry to see you go. I thought you seemed pretty nice. Too bad all the good ones are taken......lol Good luck to you
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of Buffalo, NY *** NEBF '05, '06, '07 *** ***ONBF & NYBF 06; 07*** ***WCBF 06***
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
singscountry1967 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymybonneliveforever
you can say that again.
LOL! I Double posted for some reason...puter here at work got bogged down when I was posting that... so I deleted my one post... now you look silly!
singscountry1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #36
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singscountry1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymybonneliveforever
you can say that again.
LOL! I Double posted for some reason...puter here at work got bogged down when I was posting that... so I deleted my one post... now you look silly!
What chu tak'in bout Tracy. I was born look'in like this!
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #37
PopaDopaDo
True Car Nut
 
popatim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,957
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
popatim is on a distinguished road
Default

Gojo'* girl,

I suffer from, among many things, depression and I strongly suggest that you try to find a good counselor. I see you say things that in my world are warning signs that I need to make an appt. Things like pushing people away, wanting to be alone, and even maybe guilt over something that was not your fault. You've been thru a horrid ordeal and depression is a natural outcome. Please try to see a counselor. If you are religious you can look into Pastoral Counselling, their prices are typically based your income if your insurance won't cover it (i think the auto insurace will cover this) and they are usually willing to work out other arraingements if needed.

As for your job and the operation, look into FEMA. If they do terminate you get a reason in writing. You can prove it was a result of your accident then the insurance comapny will pay you the lost wages
popatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #38
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Elberton, GA
Posts: 5,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ga93sle is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14U24ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleBlackBird
They let me stay....
I think that was an oversight- someone messed up the list and we missed your name. Dangit!

That explains why I'm still here...

Hey Allie, sometimes these guys can help you through stuff that friends can't. I went through a rough depression patch about 8 months ago, I was on the edge, and these guys don't know it, but they are part of what kept me ticking.
ga93sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #39
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default

Alie , A couple things... I noticed you right away and you seemed pleasant and started right in in discussions and thought that great, I havent been in much lately busy with things so havent been thru much or responded to alot of posts. Havent even whored my car in so long alot of members havent seen the most awesome Bonnie to ever roll. ( ya I'm that proud of it and conceited.)

You should really stay and it really helps to have the caliber of people and friendship that exists here to help you thru ruff times. Nobody in the club has had a rocky start as mine. I think I've been threatened with being banned twice. I can only think of a couple moderaters that havent pull my leash hard. Got more admistrative PM'* than I cared to think about. I had severe injuries to both my legs which keep giving me bad trouble. I was addicted to pain medications, ill tempered, opionated, and a handful to control because of them and liquor. . At one point I left the Club and there were so many people here who actually cared about me I was getting an onslaught of email and AIM messages, including the man who threatened to ban me. .... He'* really a big ***** cat when ya get on his good side. Now I consider him a good friend and trust and respect him alot. The care I felt then and people I offended giving me another chance had alot to do woth me getting off all the **** the F'ed me up so bad. And if you give them the chance they will help you to.... Regardless of whats between you and Greg. To show you how great and forgiving all are, I was even given the COTM award not so long after I came back and it really made me realize what a great collection of people are here. I'm still no angel but the Club as a whole has shown me alot of support and in the almost year I have been here, I have gotten mentally stronger about dealing with my pain, about thinking about others, and not so self centered on my own problems. Now get back to your keyboard and be part of the family. Cause Venom says so. ....... OK who threw the mousepad at me
GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #40
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1995BvSSE is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey, stick around! Might not feel like you fit in now, but you will soon. Shoot, I've been here 4 years, I don't fit in but I'm still here
1995BvSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goodbye everyone... sweettisha Lounge 9 03-14-2005 11:00 PM
goodbye for Christmas h1081dan Lounge 4 12-24-2003 06:13 PM
Saying Goodbye...for now Hailey Lounge 18 10-13-2003 12:01 PM
Sorta saying goodbye... :( 97BonneSE 1992-1999 18 03-20-2003 04:27 PM
Goodbye csprague General GM Chat 12 12-04-2002 04:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.