Help with the BCM - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


1992-1999 Series I L27 (1992-1994 SE,SLE, SSE) & Series II L36 (1995-1999 SE, SSE, SLE) and common problems for the Series I and II L67 (all supercharged models 92-99) Including Olds 88's, Olds LSS's and Buick Lesabres Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
MOODY-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MOODY-6 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with the BCM

My Body Control Module went out about a week ago . what does the BCM do in what is it used for ?

do i need to get it fixed at this time ?????
MOODY-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Toddster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Toddster is on a distinguished road
Default

how do you know it went bad? What has changed in your cars electrical system?

The BCM controls a bunch of things including your interior lights, a whole bunch of sensors that work with your remote keyless entry system, even the door chime just to name a few

Fixing a BCM is never an option. Always replace with same part number BCM'*

Check out your local salvage yard to same money!
Toddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
MOODY-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MOODY-6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddster View Post
how do you know it went bad? What has changed in your cars electrical system?

The BCM controls a bunch of things including your interior lights, a whole bunch of sensors that work with your remote keyless entry system, even the door chime just to name a few

Fixing a BCM is never an option. Always replace with same part number BCM'*

Check out your local salvage yard to same money!
ya my your remote keyless entry system does not work no more ! in i took it to my dealer in they told me , it pop up as a code ! :(
so should i fix it or not ?????

thanks for the help ,
I just love this site !
MOODY-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Purplehazeir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 7,979
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Purplehazeir is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODY-6 View Post
so should i fix it or not ?????
That'* up to you. However; you have a nice looking car and if you want to keep its value up and avoid any other problems, fix and repair stuff that get'* broken or fails.
Purplehazeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Toddster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Toddster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeir View Post
That'* up to you. However; you have a nice looking car and if you want to keep its value up and avoid any other problems, fix and repair stuff that get'* broken or fails.
X2

Go find your local auto salvage yard, buy a BCM from another Bonneville for about $5 to $15, swap out your old one, reprogram your remote keyles entry system, good to go!

When your ready to program your remotes let us know and we can help with that to.

Although you do have a case when none of your remotes work right now right?

You will have to take your car to a dealer to do the initial setup of the system.....

We can help you add remotes, when there is at least one working first.
Toddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
MOODY-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MOODY-6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddster View Post
X2

Go find your local auto salvage yard, buy a BCM from another Bonneville for about $5 to $15, swap out your old one, reprogram your remote keyles entry system, good to go!

When your ready to program your remotes let us know and we can help with that to.

Although you do have a case when none of your remotes work right now right?

You will have to take your car to a dealer to do the initial setup of the system.....

We can help you add remotes, when there is at least one working first.
yes it does not work at all.... Can any one help me or tell me where it is on a 96 Bonne
MOODY-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Toddster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Toddster is on a distinguished road
Default

up under your passenger side dashboard. black box with two big connectors. blue and white
Toddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
MOODY-6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MOODY-6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks ,
for the help !
MOODY-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Toddster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Toddster is on a distinguished road
Default

np!

let us know how it all turns out
Toddster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
possible bad BCM? Body Control Module Toddster Everything Electrical & Electronic 9 04-29-2008 12:39 AM
BCM? 03BONNY Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 21 09-12-2007 05:21 PM
BCM problem Jason1351 Everything Electrical & Electronic 6 07-07-2007 12:09 AM
PCM, BCM xCM? mrk874 Everything Electrical & Electronic 1 11-01-2005 11:55 PM
Keyless Entry / All things RAC (BCM) Anything4APontiac Everything Electrical & Electronic 0 07-10-2004 01:10 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.