The Bimmer - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Your Other Rides: Pics & Videos Post your pictures of your non-GM vehicles. Also discuss mechanical problems regarding your non-GM (Car vids not yours should be in the lounge)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #21
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Outside of the City
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Water 97SSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

I was in my friend'* 98 Jetta yesterday...no flex or noises at all in that thing either. It has engine problems, but the body and interior are all built pretty solid and everything is together well.
Water 97SSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #22
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Posts: 1,936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GXP_Vince is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelforthesoul1999
Can it do donuts?
To answer this question umm never tried but if you turn the wheel hard enough and floored it I am sure it could. One thing about this car its a dog off the line! I cant get it to even sqeak the tires. But passing I think it may pull the GXP. Once it get to about 3k its winds up pretty good and when it downshifts you better hold on cause it will give you a ride.
GXP_Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #23
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In your garage, swipin' da lug nutz
Posts: 3,067
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sandrock is on a distinguished road
Default

You gotta remember somethin' guys.

Germans HAVE to build their cars solidly and with tons of safety in mind. Think about it...if you have an accident on the Autobon, what would YOU rather be in? A car that was not meant to go past 110 MPH because of beurcratic beancounters and a behind-the-times government...or a car that was designed to CRUISE at 110+ made by people that overbuild everything...including their chocolate cakes?

FACT: When VW started importing their cars to the US, they could not understand why Americans had to have cupholders. To the Germans, having a drink in the car took away from the drivers "connection" to the car...i.e., a major distraction, which goes againsts Germanys driver training. The Germans have little tolerance for distractions inside of cars...even today.
sandrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #24
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
radomirthegreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 4,606
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
radomirthegreat is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrock
You gotta remember somethin' guys.

Germans HAVE to build their cars solidly and with tons of safety in mind. Think about it...if you have an accident on the Autobon, what would YOU rather be in? A car that was not meant to go past 110 MPH because of beurcratic beancounters and a behind-the-times government...or a car that was designed to CRUISE at 110+ made by people that overbuild everything...including their chocolate cakes?

FACT: When VW started importing their cars to the US, they could not understand why Americans had to have cupholders. To the Germans, having a drink in the car took away from the drivers "connection" to the car...i.e., a major distraction, which goes againsts Germanys driver training. The Germans have little tolerance for distractions inside of cars...even today.
Best Post Ever Award
radomirthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:57 AM   #25
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP_Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelforthesoul1999
Can it do donuts?
To answer this question umm never tried but if you turn the wheel hard enough and floored it I am sure it could. One thing about this car its a dog off the line! I cant get it to even sqeak the tires. But passing I think it may pull the GXP. Once it get to about 3k its winds up pretty good and when it downshifts you better hold on cause it will give you a ride.
My 745 puts out alot more power than that car stock and even my car wont chirp the tires. BMW is about not wasting any power on useless wheel spin. I think my 745 is considerably quicker than my GXP was but its no G8 GT.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #26
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Posts: 1,936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GXP_Vince is on a distinguished road
Default

The other day put my foot in it and going from 3rd to 1st it actually chirped the tires and then the ASC kicked in.
GXP_Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #27
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP_Vince
The other day put my foot in it and going from 3rd to 1st it actually chirped the tires and then the ASC kicked in.

Yeah I cant kill mine completely.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Estimate my 1/4 time on my Bimmer. Bonneville92V688 Lounge 9 10-10-2006 08:52 PM
A little bimmer rev for ya. Bonneville92V688 Your Other Rides: Pics & Videos 3 10-07-2006 12:47 AM
I seafoamed the Bimmer Bonneville92V688 Lounge 6 10-03-2006 04:32 PM
May be picking up a Bimmer... Bonneville92V688 Lounge 43 09-27-2006 07:08 PM
Drove a bimmer today... captainmiller Lounge 7 10-17-2005 01:21 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.