SSEi or GTP??? - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning Talk about modifications, or anything else associated with performance enhancements. Have a new idea for performance/reliability? Post it here. No idea is stupid! (please use Detailing and Appearance for cosmetic ideas)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2003, 04:27 PM   #31
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Holt, MI & Lima, OH
Posts: 3,022
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbtk2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
First, the GXP is using the 4.6L Northstar, but it has been destroked to 4.4L and therefore makes less hp, ~285. But, it is the 4.6L motor. What you think they meant by Quad cam motor simply means its a V-8 with DOHC, which is 2 cams per cylinder head, which equates to the motor having a total of 4 cams. Also, it has the awesome new front fascia, with the honeycomb style grille, larger wheels (18in.) and tires, and bad *** brake system. Expect a stock GXP to run a high 14 1/4 mile, depending on what exactly comes out to the showroom floor. Hopefully expect an aftermarket supercharger system to be marketed within a year of its debut to the public.
As of a few weeks ago it was announced that it is going to use the 300hp 4.6 liter northstar, not the destroked 4.4L 285hp version. It will be 300 ponies.
dbtk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 05:46 PM   #32
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
streetracer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtk2
Quote:
First, the GXP is using the 4.6L Northstar, but it has been destroked to 4.4L and therefore makes less hp, ~285. But, it is the 4.6L motor. What you think they meant by Quad cam motor simply means its a V-8 with DOHC, which is 2 cams per cylinder head, which equates to the motor having a total of 4 cams. Also, it has the awesome new front fascia, with the honeycomb style grille, larger wheels (18in.) and tires, and bad *** brake system. Expect a stock GXP to run a high 14 1/4 mile, depending on what exactly comes out to the showroom floor. Hopefully expect an aftermarket supercharger system to be marketed within a year of its debut to the public.
As of a few weeks ago it was announced that it is going to use the 300hp 4.6 liter northstar, not the destroked 4.4L 285hp version. It will be 300 ponies.
This is my understanding too. We will get the current NorthStar. Which makes sense because caddies are getting a version with variable valve timing, plus going to RWD or AWD drive trains.

I believe the XLR makes 320HP from the Northstar VVT, as will the V8 SRX.

I wonder if they are going to give the next STS the supercharged/intercooled northstar from some of the recent show cars. Maybe this engine will be used for v-series?
streetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:16 AM   #33
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Western, Mass
Posts: 587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bassplayincrowe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
I wonder if they are going to give the next STS the supercharged/intercooled northstar from some of the recent show cars. Maybe this engine will be used for v-series?
Hmmm...something to throw on when i get my GXP.. . . . muahahah. Boost, gotta love it.
Bassplayincrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #34
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bernville,pa
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rwe62382 is on a distinguished road
Default

4.6 not 4.4 is this just hearsay or is there truth with this
rwe62382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:37 PM   #35
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bernville,pa
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rwe62382 is on a distinguished road
Default

if it is true god i want
rwe62382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #36
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
streetracer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwe62382
4.6 not 4.4 is this just hearsay or is there truth with this
Its true. You can go to GM fleet sales site. They have the basic specs listed for the 2004 Bonneville. The engine options are 3.8L V6 and 4.6L V8.

Buick will also be putting the new 3.6L DOHC V6 VVT in the Rendevous. This is the same engine as in the 2004 CTS. The CTS gets 260HP, Buick gets 250HP.

I wounder if we will see this in a Grand Prix or Grand Am, or maybe Buick Regal?

I would love to see a turbo version, in the next regal GS - Grand National style!
streetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:02 PM   #37
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jayman is on a distinguished road
Default

Here'* some GM direct info on the new Bonnie.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...age=7&butID=16
Sorry, but no GXP info here yet,
AVAILABLE MODELS
SE Sedan (2HX69)
SLE Sedan (2HY69).
Jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 11:07 PM   #38
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ab,ca
Posts: 1,963
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1992 trofeo is on a distinguished road
Default

That new 2 door convertable cadillac is also 120k Cdn! So you would expect it to have some power going on... lol and I bet it still only costed 20kcdn in materials and labour, not like there hand fabricating them from solid steel.
1992 trofeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:03 AM   #39
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Western, Mass
Posts: 587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bassplayincrowe is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
That new 2 door convertable cadillac is also 120k Cdn!
What is that like? $5 US?
Bassplayincrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #40
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMeMN is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayincrowe
Quote:
That new 2 door convertable cadillac is also 120k Cdn!
What is that like? $5 US?
No that'* too high...
BonneMeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GTP' supercharger Louder than SSEI's?? GTX COWBOY Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 17 09-12-2003 08:27 PM
'00 SSEi vs. '02 Grand Prix GTP SOLID General GM Chat 4 03-11-2003 12:18 AM
GTP vs SSEi 2000SilverBullet Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 22 02-28-2003 09:49 PM
SSEi vs. GTP: Which Parts are interchangeable? iRocco 2000-2005 4 01-09-2003 07:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.