SC Throttle Body - 93' versus 94' - Page 5 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning Talk about modifications, or anything else associated with performance enhancements. Have a new idea for performance/reliability? Post it here. No idea is stupid! (please use Detailing and Appearance for cosmetic ideas)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #41
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DrJay is on a distinguished road
Default

Sukhoi,

Thanks for the kind words. It'* great you were able to get back into fixing up your ride. I think it'* going to be a heck of a beast and a very original one at that. Good luck with it and be sure to keep me updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Sukhoi, we've known what'* available down under for quite some time. DrJay found most of the remaining stuff.
Hrm... Curious what you knew about before I found the 'remaining stuff.' I actually recall a call from you asking me where I had found *all* the stuff. You're a lot of fun Bill. Not worth an argument, just wondering out-loud why you thought the connection had already been made.
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #42
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJay
Sukhoi,

Thanks for the kind words. It'* great you were able to get back into fixing up your ride. I think it'* going to be a heck of a beast and a very original one at that. Good luck with it and be sure to keep me updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Sukhoi, we've known what'* available down under for quite some time. DrJay found most of the remaining stuff.
Hrm... Curious what you knew about before I found the 'remaining stuff.' I actually recall a call from you asking me where I had found *all* the stuff. You're a lot of fun Bill. Not worth an argument, just wondering out-loud why you thought the connection had already been made.
Jason, we had two other vendors that had found SOME stuff down there already. One was in negotiations to distribute that stuff in the states, and felt there wouldn't be enough market for it. There was even a preliminary UIM design based on one of the Holden intakes in the works.

You don't know EVERYTHING that goes on with other vendors. I didn't share that early stuff with you because I was asked not too. Much the same as the flowbench data on the LIM changes. It'* not my data to share, and I was asked not to for the time being.

I've known about alot of products and ideas that never evolved, and had a professional repsonsibility not to share it. I even tried fruitlessly last night to revive the old L36 UIM idea. I know more about it than anyone else besides the originator, probably enough to give it to another vendor to run with, but I don't have the right to do so.

You found the cams and rockers before any other member or vendor here. Kudos to you for all the research and sourcing you did, but you were not the FIRST to discover the Holden cross-market. Just thought I'd explain my comment for you since you asked and poked a little fun at me for it.

Probably should get back on topic. Sukhoi, I think you'd be alot better off with the Gen3 SC inlet design in your venture. There'* a notable difference in inlet temps between the Gen2 and Gen3 that isn't solely based on the diameter of the bore.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #43
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DrJay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
You don't know EVERYTHING that goes on with other vendors. I didn't share that early stuff with you because I was asked not too. Much the same as the flowbench data on the LIM changes. It'* not my data to share, and I was asked not to for the time being.
Really I wouldn't even claim to know what'* going on with ANY vendors. Not being cocky just watched things go on for much too long. Certainly convenient timing however. 4 years and not a peep then suddenly here you are with a big secret again. Strange vendor though, why on earth would you try to introduce one of like 3 parts you would have to modify like crazy to fit? Why didn't he try to introduce a clutch?

Oh and I poke fun at you cause it'* easy and sometimes you take it with a smile..sometimes at least.

But yes, let'* get this back on topic.
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #44
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
You don't know EVERYTHING that goes on with other vendors. I didn't share that early stuff with you because I was asked not too. Much the same as the flowbench data on the LIM changes. It'* not my data to share, and I was asked not to for the time being.
Really I wouldn't even claim to know what'* going on with ANY vendors. Not being cocky just watched things go on for much too long. Certainly convenient timing however. 4 years and not a peep then suddenly here you are with a big secret again. Strange vendor though, why on earth would you try to introduce one of like 3 parts you would have to modify like crazy to fit? Why didn't he try to introduce a clutch?

Oh and I poke fun at you cause it'* easy and sometimes you take it with a smile..sometimes at least.

But yes, let'* get this back on topic.
Jason, one of the reasons our Vendors share their ideas and plans with me is because they trust me. They know damn good and well I won't share it until they do. And that holds true for ideas that never came about. With regards to 'introducing parts you'd have modify like crazy', the IDEA was spawned from a Holden part, and it would have been a LEVERAGED design based on the IDEA. You really have NFC what goes on around here and how I treat the information given to me. There are a couple people here who do, and there are ALOT of people here who trust me and the way I handle information.

It'* arguments like this that cause people to say WTF is going on here? Funny that it'* you and I that end up like this. Simply because you don't know what'* going on, and you think you should.

This is where I pull Admin. Take your beefs offline or to a higher power. Not in this topic any more.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #45
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sukhoi is on a distinguished road
Default

Frankly I think that is unfair. Seems DrJay does know precisely WTF IS going on here, and I agree with him. I've doen enough reading here to draw my own conclusions.

This is MY thread, not yours.
Sukhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoi
Frankly I think that is unfair. Seems DrJay does know precisely WTF IS going on here, and I agree with him. I've doen enough reading here to draw my own conclusions.

This is MY thread, not yours.
\

not something you say to bill......
harofreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:32 AM   #47
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoi
Frankly I think that is unfair. Seems DrJay does know precisely WTF IS going on here, and I agree with him. I've doen enough reading here to draw my own conclusions.

This is MY thread, not yours.
Sukhoi, you are even more uninformed than he is. And quite frankly, the issues with DrJay and I are none of your business. And you will never hear of the issues from me due to professional courtesy and respect.

When it comes to YOUR thread or MY thread, let me make something very clear:

Quote:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Your position as a member of this Forum does not put you in a position to dictate to an Admin what should or should not be done. You are here at our discretion. You do not have a 'right' to be here. You have an invitation.

I don't censor TECHNICAL opinions that differ from mine. DrJay is treading in ADMINSTRATIVE issues that he has no knowledge of. I advise you to keep your nose in the technical aspects and keep the discussion on-topic.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:37 AM   #48
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sukhoi is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm not sure what that means;

List etiquette allows for the flow of ideas last I looked. If no one can challenge a posters' comments, than why are we here?. No disrespect has been shown to anyone, until DrJay'* post was challenged, then threatened.

If I read what you are saying correctly, know one is allowed to disagree...even with an administrator?

Anyways, BACK to the subject at hand;

It would be nice to hear from others who have switched SC'* and TB'*, and hear what their experiences are. There has to be others on such a large list....
Sukhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:46 AM   #49
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoi
I'm not sure what that means;

List etiquette allows for the flow of ideas last I looked. If no one can challenge a posters' comments, than why are we here?. No disrespect has been shown to anyone, until DrJay'* post was challenged, then threatened.

If I read what you are saying correctly, know one is allowed to disagree...even with an administrator?

Anyways, BACK to the subject at hand;

It would be nice to hear from others who have switched SC'* and TB'*, and hear what their experiences are. There has to be others on such a large list....
You can argue TECHNICAL issues with an Admin all you want. It is encouraged. You cannot argue ADMINISTRATIVE issues unless we let you. In other words, you can't tell me to get back on topic if I'm explaining something to you from an Administrative standpoint. You may have started this topic, but I have the authority to take ownership of it if I so choose. That'* what the agreement above is about.

I CAN tell DrJay not to post off-topic again. That'* my JOB. The fact that he thinks he'* the first to discover the Aussie market is false, but more to the point doesn't have anything to do with this topic. Just because he doesn't know it'* false doesn't mean it isn't.

Keep this further discussion via PM'* with me or another Admin.

Back on topic, only the REVERSE of what you asked about has been tried on the street. A 92/93 TB was mated to a Gen3 supercharger. It was done because of a shitty SC vendor sending the wrong Gen to the member. The results of that aren't as negative from a performance standpoint as putting the larger throttle body on the less-efficient SC.

If you're as serious about performance as you sound, it doesn't sound like you will be messing around with a Gen2 supercharger for much longer anyway.

The greatest cause of a rise in air temperature in the Gen 2 setup is the inlet surface of the SC, partially because of it'* size, and partially because of the rough sand-cast finish. To a smaller extent is the shape and size of the inlet cavity before the rotors. Much of this was improved in the Gen3.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #50
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
banned3800 is on a distinguished road
Default

Sukhoi, Dr Jay.... Keep it on topic... If you have anything to add please do it behind the scenes...

Keep it on topic....

Back to the program

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
banned3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ws6 trans am versus a ........scooter ???? BUBBA Lounge 7 09-03-2006 03:11 PM
GXP versus SSEI cballweg General GM Chat 42 02-24-2006 02:39 PM
95 versus 97 questions BillBoost37 General GM Chat 6 06-23-2005 05:13 PM
Throttle Body and Throttle body spacer! DeeGee96SE Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 5 06-29-2004 01:21 AM
1989 Bonnie Versus 1980 BMW 323i egladman General GM Chat 4 02-21-2003 11:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.