What the Fart is this country coming to??? - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iRocco is on a distinguished road
Default What the Fart is this country coming to???

Jesus, am I pissed. Last November, my 93 SSE got T-boned by some buttface who was too busy gawking at some skank hanging out on the corner he was turning. Bye Bye Bonnie. Cops didn't ticket anyone, but said that likely I was at fault because I was pulling out of a parking space at the curb. WTF?? I looked both ways and didn't bolt out or anything. How could I have seen this guy before he was even in my field of vision?

December, I find this pristine 2000 SSEi, low miles and a low price. Drive it for 5 months, and sure as **** some jerkweed decides to change lanes at an intersection and clips my front end!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG GGGG!!!

If that wasn't enough fun, he runs, in his shitbox sentra, like he'* going to lose me or something? I had to chase him a half mile before he realized I wasn't f-ing around. So the cops show, and it turns out he'* got no license, no insurance, and its his cousin'* car...

Wait, it gets better... they realize the hit happened on the south side of North Avenue, which means, it isn't a Chicago Police Problem, so they call Oak Park... this guy shows up, and basically says, since I didn't yield, its my fault??!! Crap, I pulled out of a parking lot, after waiting for a line of cars, one of which finally stops and waves me on ahead. He'* one of about 3 cars stopped, giving me a break. Then ******** comes hauling *** and decides he'* gonna swerve around all these people to get ahead of us all and Bang!

I was already out of the lot, there was no reason I should have yielded to this dingleberry. But if I want a police report, for the insurance company, I have to take a ticket. If that isn't bad enough, if I do that, this dickleak could sue me for damages!!!!!

I should have just beaten the chili beans out of this sorry **** and left it at that. Man, I'll never call the cops again, at this rate.
iRocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kansas
Posts: 380
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
buzzbomber88le is on a distinguished road
Default

damn that sucks... :( :(
buzzbomber88le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,684
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
smellbird is on a distinguished road
Default

What a load of crap. Reminds me of my friend getting hit once. Waiting for traffic to clear so he can go when suddenly he gets hit from the side, STILL in the parking lot! The guy who hit him admitted he was drinking and the cops let him DRIVE AWAY!
smellbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 06:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iRocco is on a distinguished road
Default

I am going to paint a jolly rodger on the car and carry a baseball bat for the next ******* that thinks I am a fixed barrier crash test obstacle.
iRocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Genoa, Illinois
Posts: 4,013
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Allmachtige is on a distinguished road
Default

When I was 16 with my 70 Dodge Coronet my mother decided to park perpendicular to the garage as I backed out and WHAP! My car was fine (4000lb'* of iron), but the Old'* had a door in shambles. They claimed the damage against their OWN FRIGGIN son because we we're strapped for cash...but how does that HELP THE FAMILY if I have to pay more?

When I was 17, also with the Dodge, the drunkin' mayor of this hick-infested town backed into my front right quarter! It was in a parking lot and I was just driving through one of the main roads by the store and he decides to fly the rear of his truck into my car. The cops said, "oh its less than $500 damage so we ain't issuing any tickets". UHHH HELLO!?!?!?!?!! A rusted out quarter for it would cost at LEAST $300, then you gotta sand, prime, paint, get installed, etc.

Then back in September of 2002 I'm stopped at an interestion where I have to stop, and I was waiting patiently for traffic to clear up. I look right, its clear...I look left, its clear...EXCEPT about 1/2 mile down a utility truck is slowing down to roughtly 35mph with his blinker on...so....I look right again to be sure, pull out---WHAM! My Bonnie gets nailed by the truck! He claimed "Oh at the last seconds I realized that wasn't the turn I wanted to make, so I turned my blinker off as fast as I could." I look over at his truck and THE BLINKER WAS STILL GOING! The cop wanted to give me a ticket for "failure to yield" as the other guy in the truck was saying, "Give me the ticket, its my fault. I don't want to see this kid'* insurance go up." Nice try...oh and my insurance went WAY UP BABY!

I hate this town, I hate the people, I hate the FRIGGIN STATE OF ILLINIOS WITH ITS MESSED UP LAWS NO OTHER STATE HAS!!!!!! I'm gonna move to Arizona, Nevada, or Nebraska someday! Any place where no one is around for at least 50 miles!!!!!

Thanks for allowing me to vent....felt good.
Allmachtige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 08:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnie94ssei is on a distinguished road
Default

iRocco, I can't believe the cop said it was your fault!!! That'* BS. And didn't HE leave the scene of an accident??? He should have gotten a ticket, especially since he didn't have a license! How much damage did you have when he hit you?

Hell, I hit a woman from behind (she decided not to turn after she started to and stopped in the middle of the lane) and didn't get a ticket. The cop probably understood my side and figured she was an old woman who shouldn't have been behind the wheel. There was no damage to her car anyway, only a ton of it on mine. My insurance still hasn't gone up. Guess I lucked out.
bonnie94ssei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 12:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iRocco is on a distinguished road
Default

The damage isn't that bad, but there'* a 5 inch rut carved into the front left corner of the bumper, some spider web cracks in the plastic and paint. i am sure I could fix it myself, but I want the car perfect, so I am getting a new bumper cover. I'ts gonna be about $350 in parts.

The bright side is, since I'll have a spare, I am going to work that ram air scoop idea I've been toying with on the old piece. I may even use the part as a template for a carbon fiber casting, or at least an enhanced air dam with better brake venting as well.

Got to make lemonade when life deals you lemons, right?
iRocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 12:35 AM   #8
Senior Member
Expert Gearhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 20,892
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Jim W is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Got to make lemonade when life deals you lemons, right?
Thats the way Roc...your glass is alway half full...I like that...
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,305
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hailey is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmachtige
I hate this town, I hate the people, I hate the FRIGGIN STATE OF ILLINIOS WITH ITS MESSED UP LAWS NO OTHER STATE HAS!!!!!! I'm gonna move to Arizona, Nevada, or Nebraska someday! Any place where no one is around for at least 50 miles!!!!!
You poor thing; in addition to the accidents you live there...you couldn't pay me enough to live in Illinios. Did you know that they are one of only six states in the entire US that illegally infringes on your constitutional right to bear arms? Concealed carry is absolutely illegal there, so my guess is, only the criminals have guns on the street (makes me feel all warm and cozy! ).

Sorry about the off topic rant...some things just p*ss me off beyond my ability to control myself! Back to car talk...
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:37 AM   #10
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,305
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hailey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What the Fart is this country coming to???

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRocco
Jesus, am I pissed. Last November, my 93 SSE got T-boned by some buttface who was too busy gawking at some skank hanging out on the corner he was turning. Bye Bye Bonnie. Cops didn't ticket anyone, but said that likely I was at fault because I was pulling out of a parking space at the curb. WTF?? I looked both ways and didn't bolt out or anything. How could I have seen this guy before he was even in my field of vision?

December, I find this pristine 2000 SSEi, low miles and a low price. Drive it for 5 months, and sure as **** some jerkweed decides to change lanes at an intersection and clips my front end!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG GGGG!!!

If that wasn't enough fun, he runs, in his shitbox sentra, like he'* going to lose me or something? I had to chase him a half mile before he realized I wasn't f-ing around. So the cops show, and it turns out he'* got no license, no insurance, and its his cousin'* car...

Wait, it gets better... they realize the hit happened on the south side of North Avenue, which means, it isn't a Chicago Police Problem, so they call Oak Park... this guy shows up, and basically says, since I didn't yield, its my fault??!! Crap, I pulled out of a parking lot, after waiting for a line of cars, one of which finally stops and waves me on ahead. He'* one of about 3 cars stopped, giving me a break. Then ******** comes hauling *** and decides he'* gonna swerve around all these people to get ahead of us all and Bang!

I was already out of the lot, there was no reason I should have yielded to this dingleberry. But if I want a police report, for the insurance company, I have to take a ticket. If that isn't bad enough, if I do that, this dickleak could sue me for damages!!!!!

I should have just beaten the chili beans out of this sorry **** and left it at that. Man, I'll never call the cops again, at this rate.
I am sooooooooo sorry...I can only imagine how much that sucks. I really hope it works out for you.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Curious....about Fart cans PRD2BDF Lounge 28 01-27-2006 12:08 PM
1-800-RADIATOR. I fart in your general direction!! katfl0res General GM Chat 1 04-03-2005 12:48 AM
Selectable Shift had a brain fart? karfreek 1992-1999 5 03-13-2004 11:50 AM
An Old Fart’s answers to the really important car questions lash92ssei General GM Chat 5 02-27-2004 09:38 PM
Ever see a car fart? Allmachtige 1992-1999 8 07-20-2003 04:18 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.