Laptop Choices - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #21
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 7,545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hans is on a distinguished road
Default

I'd reccomend a dell for the over $3000 range.

I'd reccomend a HP in the $1000-$2999 range

i'd reccomend a dell in the less than $1000 range.

lots of reasons. and i work for one of the companies mentioned.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #22
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Posts: 417
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SapphireTorrent is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
I'd reccomend a dell for the over $3000 range.

I'd reccomend a HP in the $1000-$2999 range

i'd reccomend a dell in the less than $1000 range.

lots of reasons. and i work for one of the companies mentioned.

...that being the case, anyway I could get the hookup on that discount?
SapphireTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #23
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Starting after January 1st, I will be able to give my discount freely to friends and family. right now I'm limited to 2 laptops per year (this is how jr's3800 just go his, but I had to buy it for him). This applies to all hp and Compaq laptops on hpshopping.com, and the discount is about 25% off every model you see there, custom or off the shelf.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #24
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Posts: 417
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SapphireTorrent is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Starting after January 1st, I will be able to give my discount freely to friends and family. right now I'm limited to 2 laptops per year (this is how jr's3800 just go his, but I had to buy it for him). This applies to all hp and Compaq laptops on hpshopping.com, and the discount is about 25% off every model you see there, custom or off the shelf.
Really? How interesting. I'm actually going to CompUSA today to see some of these models in person. The internet is great and all, but I like to get a feel for actual screen size and dimensions in person. The one HP I like the most was the dv6000t-Special Edition. Customized it was about $1,600.00, which is on the top of my price range. My school (University of South Florida) also offers discounts from certain companies...be nice if I could find a way to combine the two.
SapphireTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #25
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireTorrent
Really? How interesting. I'm actually going to CompUSA today to see some of these models in person. The internet is great and all, but I like to get a feel for actual screen size and dimensions in person. The one HP I like the most was the dv6000t-Special Edition. Customized it was about $1,600.00, which is on the top of my price range. My school (University of South Florida) also offers discounts from certain companies...be nice if I could find a way to combine the two.
The dv6000t starts at $579 on www.hpshopping.com but you want to make sure you don't upgrade things like memory when you custom build it if you can get that for cheaper elsewhere later.

My price on the dv6000t starts at $477.99 (discounts can't be combined), and customized options are also discounted.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #26
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEBF:06,07 | NYBF:06,07 | ONBF:06,07 | CNBF:06 & more............
Posts: 8,029
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bandit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Starting after January 1st, I will be able to give my discount freely to friends and family. right now I'm limited to 2 laptops per year (this is how jr's3800 just go his, but I had to buy it for him). This applies to all hp and Compaq laptops on hpshopping.com, and the discount is about 25% off every model you see there, custom or off the shelf.
why did u have to go and say that now
your going to take away from my Ei mod $
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #27
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Posts: 417
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SapphireTorrent is on a distinguished road
Default

SORRY!!!!! Had the wrong model number. http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...6500tse_series

This is the one I was looking at dv6500t special edition.
SapphireTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #28
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireTorrent
SORRY!!!!! Had the wrong model number. http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...6500tse_series

This is the one I was looking at dv6500t special edition.
My price on that starts at $834.99 but your price is $999.99. Keep in mind, upgrades in customizing are also discounted. So in the long run, my price is $150-$200 cheaper than yours.

Just keep these prices in mind if you shop locally. Shipping is free, even on custom builds.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #29
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bloomington, MN
Posts: 3,693
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoldenBullet is on a distinguished road
Default

i agree with the hp bandwagon. i just bought mine two weeks ago and i like it alot. i paid $1600 for it w/ tax, a 2 year accidental damage warranty, and a printer. its the dv6000t model, and its been great so far.


willwren that is a SWEET discount. im jealous.
GoldenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What color choices were available in 2003? Hailey General GM Chat 5 07-13-2005 11:44 PM
choices when replacing a windshield?? corvettecrazy 1992-1999 11 03-30-2005 11:39 AM
'93 SSEi fuel choices... Krazy Kyle General GM Chat 20 03-21-2005 05:27 AM
Too many choices, need help! Vio_late Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 0 03-23-2004 12:25 PM
If you had these choices.... Roadrash187 Lounge 46 08-28-2003 11:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.