Fords to get dual turbos? - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MyLittleBlackBird is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalder
I'd walk a mile in a blizzard before I'd ever buy a Ford... probably because I'd be walking that mile anyway.
You have fun with that. Using one product to classify an entire company is the most asinine thing I've read today. If I had your mentality, I wouldn't own a GM...
MyLittleBlackBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ddalder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleBlackBird
You have fun with that. Using one product to classify an entire company is the most asinine thing I've read today. If I had your mentality, I wouldn't own a GM...
I would have thought by now you'd have read enough of my posts to realize I don't generally lump everything together this way Chill out man! On the other hand, I have had enough trouble with enough Fords I still won't support them.
ddalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ddalder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I forgot about the PowerStroke 6.0 Diesel How much you want to unload them for? My uncle runs a construction business and he is always looking for work trucks for various state and govt projects?
Actually, ours are all ambulances so they wouldn't like help him much here (but we still want to unload them). We only buy GM'* now. The City of Toronto has transitioned over to a Chev chassis on their ambulances and claim maintenance costs have decreased hundreds of thousands of dollars since.
ddalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MyLittleBlackBird is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalder
I would have thought by now you'd have read enough of my posts to realize I don't generally lump everything together this way Chill out man! On the other hand, I have had enough trouble with enough Fords I still won't support them.

Then I offer a public apology for jumping you like that. I am sorry for overstepping my bounds.
MyLittleBlackBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ddalder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleBlackBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalder
I would have thought by now you'd have read enough of my posts to realize I don't generally lump everything together this way Chill out man! On the other hand, I have had enough trouble with enough Fords I still won't support them.

Then I offer a public apology for jumping you like that. I am sorry for overstepping my bounds.
Don't be worrying. I should have put a laughy face or something
ddalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #16
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMeMN is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petraman
This isn't a 5.4 SOHC engine, this is a Direct Injected Turbo engine. Talk about a lot more complicated. I'm not saying that Ford makes bad engines, some of their engines are really good, but I just can't see them pulling this one off... But we'll see

Not really that hard to make a direct injected engine, or turbo one for that matter. Turbos, and to a lesser extent superchargers, are probably going to be more and more common in the next few decades I bet. Turbos especially, make engine efficiency much more higher.

Ford'* AUS division has had twin turbo I-6'* for a long time, and a lot of enthusiasts have really wanted the falcon to be brought here with that motor. Yet we still get the overbloated 500/Taurus.
BonneMeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #17
PopaDopaDo
True Car Nut
 
popatim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,957
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
popatim is on a distinguished road
Default

I foresee a time when they make direct air injection also; to control exactly how much HP is made while driving. Why make 240HP to cruise at 65 when 20 works just as well.
popatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #18
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMeMN is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popatim
I foresee a time when they make direct air injection also; to control exactly how much HP is made while driving. Why make 240HP to cruise at 65 when 20 works just as well.
They do control air.. it'* called a throttle. Cars aren't @ peak HP while cruising....

BMW'* new double vanos system controls the valve lift so much, it doesn't need actual throttles anymore. IIRC Nissan can do this as well.
BonneMeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #19
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rockford MI
Posts: 351
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laxmangl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonneMeMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by petraman
This isn't a 5.4 SOHC engine, this is a Direct Injected Turbo engine. Talk about a lot more complicated. I'm not saying that Ford makes bad engines, some of their engines are really good, but I just can't see them pulling this one off... But we'll see

Not really that hard to make a direct injected engine, or turbo one for that matter. Turbos, and to a lesser extent superchargers, are probably going to be more and more common in the next few decades I bet. Turbos especially, make engine efficiency much more higher.

Ford'* AUS division has had twin turbo I-6'* for a long time, and a lot of enthusiasts have really wanted the falcon to be brought here with that motor. Yet we still get the overbloated 500/Taurus.
Ford is planning on bringing the falcon over in 09 I think, to combat the G8 (I could be wrong)
Laxmangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #20
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MyLittleBlackBird is on a distinguished road
Default

Bring me the falcon!
MyLittleBlackBird is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
difference between dual 2 and dual 4 ohm subs bonny99 Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 7 07-11-2010 06:00 PM
Anyone know where I can get cheap T25 turbos??? dbtk2 Lounge 2 09-10-2005 10:20 PM
Damn Fords BonneMan95SE Lounge 8 12-18-2003 12:08 PM
Never buy a Pontiac...only buy Fords (RANT) Buggie General GM Chat 17 08-20-2003 08:23 PM
Fords really do suck. TDI winners anounced. Azwed Lounge 3 03-03-2003 09:20 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.