Anyone know much about Sirius radios? - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #11
DINOSAURUS BOOSTUS

Expert Gearhead
 
BillBoost37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 41,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Glad to hear it'* fixed up. Now you'll have good tunes while working on the car.
BillBoost37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vital49 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Glad to hear it'* fixed up. Now you'll have good tunes while working on the car.
More like my wife has good tunes while trotting around the house....while I'm working on the car!
vital49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #13
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maumee, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
slick94prix is on a distinguished road
Default

Interesting that it was a power supply issue. Did you buy your kit brand new or used?

90% of the time, when there is an "Aquiring Signal" issue, it'* a bad antenna. The other 10% are bad dock or bad tuner. I haven't had an issue yet with them coming with the wrong power cords, but they have been known to go bad on several occasions.
slick94prix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #14
PopaDopaDo
True Car Nut
 
popatim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,957
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
popatim is on a distinguished road
Default

Good find! Glad you got it fixed
popatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 560
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
impatient99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Sirius tends to make junk hardware.
I had it a while back and after the second receiver took a crap I gave up and went back to XM
impatient99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #16
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vital49 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick94prix
Interesting that it was a power supply issue. Did you buy your kit brand new or used?

90% of the time, when there is an "Aquiring Signal" issue, it'* a bad antenna. The other 10% are bad dock or bad tuner. I haven't had an issue yet with them coming with the wrong power cords, but they have been known to go bad on several occasions.
I actually bought the kit from a friend who had it. So, yes, it was used. He had a shopping bag of odl power supplies and we simply tried plugging in every power supply until we found the one that fit. Well, just because it fit didn't mean it was correct!
vital49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #17
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FiReDeViL is on a distinguished road
Default

the new sirius radios have had thier voltages dropped from 12v to i beleive 6.6v so ya, the correct plug is DEFINATLY very important, glad to see you got your problem fixed tho
FiReDeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #18
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sse1990 is on a distinguished road
Default

it'* actually been dropped from 12V to 5V. My old radio was 12 and the new one is 5 so I can't use my old power supplies with the new stuff.
sse1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black & Red connector on 1992-93 Delco radios?? anthonyv62 Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 2 12-24-2004 01:46 AM
There is an adapter for aftermarket radios in a 2000+ Bonnie LBingman Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 0 12-21-2004 01:43 PM
GM Delco Radios Allmachtige Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 28 11-05-2003 12:50 AM
steer'n wheel controls and aftermarket radios.... mista_sse Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 3 09-23-2003 01:02 AM
those gm delco radios suck! zzzzzeke Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 7 04-03-2003 11:30 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.