Aircraft crashes into Manhattan building - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 12,432
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
J Wikoff is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petraman
I saw this headline on my e-mail:
BREAKING: AIRCRAFT CRASHES INTO NY BUILDING

Scared the absolute ***^ out of me, I was thinking 9/11 all over again, but the reality freaked me out even more. How, after all of this protection and homeland security stuff, is this possible? Our stupid president promised us all of these protections, and right when we needed them, they failed. Way to go, G. Dubya, way to go

</rant>
Did you really just blame it on George Bush? A small plane with a new pilot crashing can by no means be remotely attributed to George Bush.
J Wikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Granville, Ohio ~NEBF '07 Survivor~
Posts: 5,001
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
petraman is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm not blaming this on Bush, I'm blaming this on insufficient legislation. We need more laws controlling not only commercial but non-commercial flights around major cities. This could have very well been a terrorist. It'* just kinda freaking me out right now. If it made it seem like I was blaming Bush, I apologize. I try as hard as I can not to, lol
petraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #13
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wikoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by petraman
I saw this headline on my e-mail:
BREAKING: AIRCRAFT CRASHES INTO NY BUILDING

Scared the absolute ***^ out of me, I was thinking 9/11 all over again, but the reality freaked me out even more. How, after all of this protection and homeland security stuff, is this possible? Our stupid president promised us all of these protections, and right when we needed them, they failed. Way to go, G. Dubya, way to go

</rant>
Did you really just blame it on George Bush? A small plane with a new pilot crashing can by no means be remotely attributed to George Bush.
Bush has enough problems on his plate. I will spare him the blame on this one. Everything else...well.....
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #14
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,928
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMeMN is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_bonnie02
Ok I've been watching this since it happened. They ARE NOT confirming that Cory Lidle was on the plane...however they have confirmed it is his plane. The govenor has said that there was a instructor aboard and a another person that only had 75 hours of flying. But they won't release names yet. Granite...the odds are that Cory Lidle was infact on the plane but it'* not yet confirmed.
Both ESPN and CNN'* main channel are saying on the bottom, that he was killed. Not confirmed or anything, but they're saying he was. Even Yankees.com has "Lidle reportedly dies in NYC plane tragedy" as their main story on the rotation in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petraman
I'm not blaming this on Bush, I'm blaming this on insufficient legislation. We need more laws controlling not only commercial but non-commercial flights around major cities. This could have very well been a terrorist. It'* just kinda freaking me out right now. If it made it seem like I was blaming Bush, I apologize. I try as hard as I can not to, lol
They'll just find something else to do. Realistically it'* still very easy to do what happened on 9/11. Whether or not the passengers will be compliant is one thing, but clamping down on everything will just make other possibilities arise. What about a nuke in a pickup?
BonneMeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #15
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petraman
I'm not blaming this on Bush, I'm blaming this on insufficient legislation. We need more laws controlling not only commercial but non-commercial flights around major cities. This could have very well been a terrorist. It'* just kinda freaking me out right now. If it made it seem like I was blaming Bush, I apologize. I try as hard as I can not to, lol
Think about what it would do to the local economies if private flights were banned around major cities.

And how in the hell can one man (Bush) prevent a terrorist attack? He can do his best, but he can't gaurantee your safety. Nobody can.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #16
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melrose
Posts: 4,596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BLACK94SSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

I think we all as Americans have to fight terrorism, not only the US military. We all have to be alert and stay on our toes in the event something like 9/11 happens again, which unfortunately is very real and can happen again.

This incident was a very misfortunate event that took the lives of four people. It could have been worse.

Right now im more concerned with china and their nuclear capabilities. They have done everything to defy the United nations, even after the threat of US sanctions was supposed to keep them from continuing their testing/development. They have completed one underground test. Now what?
BLACK94SSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:06 AM   #17
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi

Right now im more concerned with china and their nuclear capabilities. They have done everything to defy the United nations, even after the threat of US sanctions was supposed to keep them from continuing their testing/development. They have completed one underground test. Now what?
You mean North Korea.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #18
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
crzydmnd72 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
I think we all as Americans have to fight terrorism, not only the US military. We all have to be alert and stay on our toes in the event something like 9/11 happens again, which unfortunately is very real and can happen again.

This incident was a very misfortunate event that took the lives of four people. It could have been worse.

Right now im more concerned with china and their nuclear capabilities. They have done everything to defy the United nations, even after the threat of US sanctions was supposed to keep them from continuing their testing/development. They have completed one underground test. Now what?
China? thought it was North Korea?

Edit, Wren beat me to it.
crzydmnd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #19
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melrose
Posts: 4,596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BLACK94SSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi

Right now im more concerned with china and their nuclear capabilities. They have done everything to defy the United nations, even after the threat of US sanctions was supposed to keep them from continuing their testing/development. They have completed one underground test. Now what?
You mean North Korea.
See? Im so worried I cant even think of the darn country thats building these nukes and defying the US.
BLACK94SSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #20
Retired Moderator
True Car Nut
 
Pearl_bonnie02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 3,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pearl_bonnie02 is on a distinguished road
Default

[quote="BonneMeMN"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_bonnie02
Ok I've been watching this since it happened. They ARE NOT confirming that Cory Lidle was on the plane...however they have confirmed it is his plane. The govenor has said that there was a instructor aboard and a another person that only had 75 hours of flying. But they won't release names yet. Granite...the odds are that Cory Lidle was infact on the plane but it'* not yet confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonneMeMN
Both ESPN and CNN'* main channel are saying on the bottom, that he was killed. Not confirmed or anything, but they're saying he was. Even Yankees.com has "Lidle reportedly dies in NYC plane tragedy" as their main story on the rotation in the middle.
Isn't that basically what I just said????
Pearl_bonnie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prelude crashes into house (VTEC Kicked in Yo) SAMzGXP Lounge 4 04-09-2011 10:51 PM
Manhattan, Ks waide Introductions for new members 5 10-17-2009 12:50 AM
some idiot crashes a bonneville into a tree on purpose. 88bonnsse Lounge 26 10-21-2007 08:31 PM
Mishap in Midtown Manhattan Jim W Lounge 5 10-18-2007 08:09 PM
Speed Limit Enforced By Aircraft MOS95B Lounge 7 09-25-2003 09:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.