"Repost" Rangers - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Forum updates and suggestions Check here for updates about the Forums.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Robbinsdale, MN
Posts: 15,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MOS95B is on a distinguished road
Default "Repost" Rangers

New "rule" suggestion -

If you feel the need to call Repost, find and post the link to the original (Staff excluded of course). Especialy in the Lounge. We have a lot of new members that may not have been here, or bothered to read back, 6 months ago.

I personally don't feel it is very welcoming, polite, or appropriate to "scream" repost at some newbies Lounge post unless it'* an obvious repost, inappropriate repost, or if you're going to go through the effort of finding the original.

Suggestion/Rant over.........
MOS95B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Home Sweet Home in New York
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mortehl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Repost" Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS95B
New "rule" suggestion -

If you feel the need to call Repost, find and post the link to the original (Staff excluded of course). Especialy in the Lounge. We have a lot of new members that may not have been here, or bothered to read back, 6 months ago.

I personally don't feel it is very welcoming, polite, or appropriate to "scream" repost at some newbies Lounge post unless it'* an obvious repost, inappropriate repost, or if you're going to go through the effort of finding the original.

Suggestion/Rant over.........
Just PM the sender. Don't bloody post it. Thats what I do.
Mortehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 7,030
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lash is on a distinguished road
Default

What!? And ruin all the fun they've been having with me??

I agree that some new members could be intimidated by that. Fortunately, I'm one who takes it all in stride.

I do agree that if you have the memory of a repost it wouldn't hurt to do the search and include the linky.
lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
DINOSAURUS BOOSTUS

Expert Gearhead
 
BillBoost37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 41,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash
What!? And ruin all the fun they've been having with me??

I agree that some new members could be intimidated by that. Fortunately, I'm one who takes it all in stride.

I do agree that if you have the memory of a repost it wouldn't hurt to do the search and include the linky.
REPOST!!!!!!

Gosh do I agree..I've been here for a year..but haven't been lounging in John'* room that long. Most of it'* funny as heck and new to me too.
BillBoost37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Robbinsdale, MN
Posts: 15,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MOS95B is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Gosh do I agree.
A chill just ran down my spine. Shoulda figured we agreed again.......
MOS95B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,089
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree with Bill and John. With 2005 being the last year of the Bonneville we need to hold on to all of the members we can.

But then most of the time when someone says repost it is all in good fun.

This is an interesting site and gives an old guy a different look at the younger generation.
95SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 7,030
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lash is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE
I agree with Bill and John. With 2005 being the last year of the Bonneville we need to hold on to all of the members we can.

But then most of the time when someone says repost it is all in good fun.

This is an interesting site and gives an old guy a different look at the younger generation.
Who you calling old?!? :P
lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
DINOSAURUS BOOSTUS

Expert Gearhead
 
BillBoost37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 41,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS95B
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Gosh do I agree.
A chill just ran down my spine. Shoulda figured we agreed again.......
I figure since you already hit the end of the internet...everything woudl be a repost at this point.
BillBoost37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,089
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE
I agree with Bill and John. With 2005 being the last year of the Bonneville we need to hold on to all of the members we can.

But then most of the time when someone says repost it is all in good fun.

This is an interesting site and gives an old guy a different look at the younger generation.
Who you calling old?!? :P
Me ! I am the old F**T around here.
95SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
repinS is on a distinguished road
Default

Typically I take the easy route out, if I've seen it, I move on to the next of the many new threads to read
repinS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The difference between "guts" and "balls" sse1990 Lounge 8 08-31-2006 11:31 PM
Where is the "chime" / "dinger"? PPrash 1992-1999 6 11-21-2005 09:11 AM
Emo Rangers xX1SSEI1Xx Lounge 0 10-18-2005 05:43 PM
'91 L "snakes" intake on a "C" engine ? padgett 1987-1991 5 07-21-2003 08:12 PM
"D" or "OD" ? BusMaster007 1992-1999 23 01-09-2003 03:09 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.