N20 on a series 1 - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Forced Induction All questions and problems regarding Superchargers, Turbos, NOS, ZEX, intercoolers, water injection, etc.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #31
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: springfield il
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jachin is on a distinguished road
Default

Well that pretty much does it for me, i think im ready to install my kit, aside from a few upgrades and maintance issues, but i think all of the info someone really needs should be on this site between the two threads. Would it be a good idea to maybe compile all of this stuff and organise it?
jachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #32
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DrJay is on a distinguished road
Default

oh huh wait huh? Are you doing a dry shot with the 2.2" pulley? mmm...


On a side note, I'm probably upgrading my injectors (dyno will tell all) soon. How are those 42.5'ers and the AFC working out for you? Have you done any actual testing to ensure correct a/f? o2 mv?
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #33
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: springfield il
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jachin is on a distinguished road
Default

to be honest im not sure if i made a mistake when i made my signature or when i ordered my pulley, its been so long since ive done either that i dont really remember. IM running a wet nx kit i got off of ty. BY the way the 42.5ers are working out pretty good so far, but my fuel trim is pegged out at i think it was 138 and my afc is the only thing keeping the car running. I have it tuned at 92 percent. it feels a little quicker in the lower rpms like that and it felt a little quicker in the upper rpms with it at 93. If i take that off, the car wont even stay running.
jachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:18 PM   #34
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DrJay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachin
to be honest im not sure if i made a mistake when i made my signature or when i ordered my pulley, its been so long since ive done either that i dont really remember. IM running a wet nx kit i got off of ty. BY the way the 42.5ers are working out pretty good so far, but my fuel trim is pegged out at i think it was 138 and my afc is the only thing keeping the car running. I have it tuned at 92 percent. it feels a little quicker in the lower rpms like that and it felt a little quicker in the upper rpms with it at 93. If i take that off, the car wont even stay running.
Interesting, 138 St trim? Thats not pegged, and its saying you're actually running lean.
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:31 PM   #35
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: springfield il
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jachin is on a distinguished road
Default

well let me go back and reread a few things and ill scan it between now and this weekend and we can go from there? what i want to take away from this is a good understanding of whats really going on.
jachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:33 PM   #36
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DrJay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachin
well let me go back and reread a few things and ill scan it between now and this weekend and we can go from there? what i want to take away from this is a good understanding of whats really going on.
Sure, I'll give as much help as I can. I'm really interested in how these function in our cars.
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:37 PM   #37
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: springfield il
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jachin is on a distinguished road
Default

Maybe we should start a new thread about this and leave this one for nitrous discussion. by the way do you have any arcticles that would be relevant to how all of this works, such as exactly what happens when you put an afc on the car and start playing around with it. SInce ive already started to do things the wrong way and my car still runs (knock on wood) lets play around with it and have a little fun
jachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:39 PM   #38
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DrJay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachin
Maybe we should start a new thread about this and leave this one for nitrous discussion. by the way do you have any arcticles that would be relevant to how all of this works, such as exactly what happens when you put an afc on the car and start playing around with it. SInce ive already started to do things the wrong way and my car still runs (knock on wood) lets play around with it and have a little fun
Yeah I can explain what I know about the AFC. We can use another thread if you want, although this one is more than a month old. You start the thread if you'd like.
DrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:59 PM   #39
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: springfield il
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jachin is on a distinguished road
Default

jachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #40
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sc3800fiero is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJay
??...I think you misunderstood. I meant you should get an additional 10-15hp OVER the shot. So a 50 shot becomes 60-65hp, a 60 shot becomes 70-75hp and so on. haha

Curious to the reason you say it will only gain 10-15 hp over rated increase for the SC engine, I run 100 shot wet on mine and talking with Zoomer at ZZP and the guys @ Zex they claim sprying through the SC can yeild up to 50-60% increase. I have a 125 for the series 2 zoomer said I could expect to get 165-175 hp from the 125 shot.
sc3800fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N20 Chair and C02 chair.. erics00ls Lounge 0 05-15-2008 03:39 PM
To N20 or not to N20? Jagman04 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 07-24-2004 07:25 PM
Series 1 vs. Series 2 fly89gta General GM Chat 5 12-09-2002 06:52 PM
Series I to Series II Swap? SSEiDu 1992-1999 17 09-29-2002 05:09 AM
Series II engine in a Series I car? JimmyFloyd 1992-1999 3 12-31-1969 08:00 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.