Car Shutters - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


1992-1999 Series I L27 (1992-1994 SE,SLE, SSE) & Series II L36 (1995-1999 SE, SSE, SLE) and common problems for the Series I and II L67 (all supercharged models 92-99) Including Olds 88's, Olds LSS's and Buick Lesabres Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seton Hall University, NJ
Posts: 238
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonneMan95SE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdogg121
So,

You guys seem to think its transmission related? thats strange, after i have been driving the car for a few minutes, when its all warmed up, its shifts just fine, has plenty of get up and go.... i was thinking to, the spark plugs or wires, cause it seems like the engine is skipping or something....Im going to have my mechanic check it out. what would you reccomend doing if it is transmission related? complete flush and fill? Does this mean my transmission is ruined? it only has 102k on it...i have a 91 Bonneville with 151k, and its never done this.... I just bought this car in May, so i havent really dont much to it except for oil changes...i dont know when it last had a tune up...any other advice would help......
If you tranny was ruined then the car wouldnt shift at all. I would just check all the top offs, find the record to your last oil change and see when that was, if you dont have it call the orginal owner to see if he remembers when he did it. It sounds like its one of those little quirks
BonneMan95SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #12
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Without driving your car, I can't tell you for sure, but experience tells me that you have a 5% chance of it being the tranny, and 90% being ignition related. The remaining 5% is water in your fuel.

You described a classic case of a bad plug or wire. This has fooled MANY into thinking they have a trans problem. You MAY have a trans problem, but I doubt it.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1989 Brougham Shutters & Nearly Stalls Everytime I Come To A Stop KelleyCoSpares Cadillac 1 10-29-2012 08:11 AM
car is hard to start when car is cold zo6vette 1992-1999 16 01-27-2005 01:51 AM
Collector car a must see!!!!!!! Most expensive BIN car!!! killer_cr80r Lounge 6 07-30-2004 10:48 PM
THE PICTURES ARE HERE OF MY LIFE AND MY CAR AND CAR LIFE.... killer_cr80r Lounge 11 05-24-2004 12:24 AM
Car cuts off...Turn the wheel and car starts up 95BonnevilleSESC 1992-1999 2 02-20-2004 02:50 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.