I hope this is the correct section for this.
Two mornings in a row my battery was too weak to turn over the 305 in my pickup.
After an hours charge it started fine and continues to start all day.
I took the battery into Canadian Tire where I bought it 4 months ago and after testing it they said it was bad. I didn't have my warranty card with me so I went home got the card and continued on to the next Canadian tire store (it'* closer). They tested the battery twice and it came up as good both times.
When taking the terminals off the second time I noticed a small spark, so when I got home I put my tester between the terminal and the battery and there is one heck of a lot of juice flowing though there even though everything is turned off.
I removed every fuse, one at a time, and checked for current, no change. I did notice that the 30 amp breaker for the "batt" was very hot but even with it removed there was still current being drawn.
I took the cover off the under hood block and found there was current being drawn (with the tester) between the disconnected battery and the 5 studs in the junction box.
Obviously a short somewhere, but I can't find any worn (or warm) wires anywhere.
Can someone shed some light on what'* going on and where to start looking?
I'm having no luck at all on the chev truck forum. As per usual.