i didn't know where to put this since I need some hits on it soon, and the LeSabre part probably won't get many hits.
also, it'* non bonneville related.
I have a bad hesitation problem on my car. It has gotten bad enough that the car can barely accelerate at stop signs! It takes up to 1/2 throttle just to get the car to move decently.
I've already narrowed it down, so any suggestions are welcome
The problem happens when...
1. The outside temperature is more than 40 Degrees outside (or around there.)
2. The engine is cold, or is warm but JUST started.
3. anytime you accelerate.
Items I have replaced and problem persists
2. Coil Packs
3. plug wires
5. knock sensor
6. air filter is new
7. intake manifold has been cleaned out with carb cleaner
8. sea foam ran through engine
9. pcv valve is new
10. EGR cleaned
11. Idle air control valve housing cleaned, and the sensor itself
12. New Oxygen Sensor
13. New ECM in 1997, Crank position sensor, Fuel pump.
Things I've tried...
1. Disconnecting the MAF sensor makes the hesitation go away and the car has probably around 40% more power than it does with it connected!
2. Same when the AIT sensor is disconnected.
3. same with TPS sensor..
Things I suspect as the problem
1. Mass Air flow Sensor
2. Intake air temperature sensor
3. Throttle position sensor
4. Timing Chain problems??
I've checked the MAF sensor, it was clean, same with the AIT sensor..
I really need to get this problem fixed the car is almost dangerous to drive it lacks power so bad. The engine runs smoothly and doesn't make any wierd noises or have any type of problem EXCEPT for the severe hesitation. Once the engine warms up the problem goes away for the most part but the car still lacks power. I would swap parts from another car, BUT nobody I know has a LeSabre or anycar with a 3800 that is around the same age. I have no idea what it is and I'm tired of just spending money without knowing what it is.
The car has no trouble codes, AND mechanics can never seem to reproduce the problem (because the car is always warm when they drive it... duh. lol). It'* been stuck on a scanner, and nothing seems to be out of normal working perameters.