A storm's coming - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos Post pictures, sounds, and VIDEOS of Your GM Vehicle. We want to see 'em! (Any picture or video files must be posted on a server somewhere to be linked here). Also post pics of Regional or National meets.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
sawgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 7,122
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sawgunner is on a distinguished road
Default

Car looks Great Brit! love black paint when it'* clean
sawgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
SpinEm_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SpinEm_90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor660 View Post
u took a bunch of girl pics. LOL. we are mechanical men, we want motor, trans and interior pics
ha well i'm a girl who loves to take pics & i was president of the photography club in high school so it makes sense ha yeahh i noticed that i didnt take any interior or under the hood pics after the car was already back in the garage lol this weekend i'll take pics of everything =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgunner View Post
Car looks Great Brit! love black paint when it'* clean
thanks =)
SpinEm_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
Senior Administrator








Certified Car Nut
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 15,649
Thanked 1,001 Times in 777 Posts
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Photography!? My other hobby!

What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon D60. Purplehazer is a camera fan too.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,089
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Looks really nice!
95SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #15
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
SpinEm_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SpinEm_90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1995 View Post
Photography!? My other hobby!

What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon D60. Purplehazer is a camera fan too.
yup i've always loved photography! i love photographing animals the most. i'll have to post some of my best pics up here on the forum sometime. umm I think its a Nikon Coolpix S550. It was a last min purchase last year lol eventually here i'm prob gonna be buying a new one that has round 12-15MP & at least 5X zoom. My big thing is finding on that takes great night pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Looks really nice!
thanks!
SpinEm_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Purplehazeir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 7,979
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Purplehazeir is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinEm_90 View Post
yup i've always loved photography! i love photographing animals the most. i'll have to post some of my best pics up here on the forum sometime. umm I think its a Nikon Coolpix S550. It was a last min purchase last year lol eventually here i'm prob gonna be buying a new one that has round 12-15MP & at least 5X zoom. My big thing is finding on that takes great night pics
thanks!
I have a Nikon D90 and a Nikon CoolPix S630. The secret to great night shots is managing camera movement, shutter speed and focal length. A tripod is a must! With digital SLR'* you can lock the mirror up for night shoots and that helps manage camera movement. The better digital cameras also manage the use of a strobe to allow for some great lighting opportunities as well as action shots.
Purplehazeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
ChibiBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ChibiBlackSheep is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm a Canon man myself. I had a Rebel XS for a couple years, just got rid of it not too long ago (wish I didn't) but I've been looking into getting a Rebel T1i (in a month or so)

I have a whole bunch of really old Canon cameras also, and I like that the lens can be transferred between Canons.

I used to do tons of photography through school, I was going to go to college for it, but I decided to keep it a hobby and got my graphic design degree. Nothing can beat working in a dark room for hours though. I always loved it, was such a peaceful place.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 05-11-2010 at 12:39 PM.
ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
SpinEm_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SpinEm_90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehazeir View Post
I have a Nikon D90 and a Nikon CoolPix S630. The secret to great night shots is managing camera movement, shutter speed and focal length. A tripod is a must! With digital SLR'* you can lock the mirror up for night shoots and that helps manage camera movement. The better digital cameras also manage the use of a strobe to allow for some great lighting opportunities as well as action shots.
hmm gotcha. i have a tri-pod but its a tiny one & i have no idea where it is lol. well if i ever need help with camera stuff i think i know who to go to now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I'm a Canon man myself. I had a Rebel XS for a couple years, just got rid of it not too long ago (wish I didn't) but I've been looking into getting a Rebel T1i (in a month or so)

I have a whole bunch of really old Canon cameras also, and I like that the lens can be transferred between Canons.

I used to do tons of photography through school, I was going to go to college for it, but I decided to keep it a hobby and got my graphic design degree. Nothing can beat working in a dark room for hours though. I always loved it, was such a peaceful place.
canon man huh? i cant remember if i've ever had a canon. i think a canon was my first camera, & then i had 2 kodak easyshare cameras, & then i think i moved on the my nikon coolpix camera that i have now. i have all of my old cameras somewhere, they're kinda spread out all over the place though lol. Really? I was thinking about going for photography in college so i could be a wildlife photographer but i cant remember exactly why i decided against it. prob had something to do with the rents lol
SpinEm_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #19
Senior Administrator








Certified Car Nut
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 15,649
Thanked 1,001 Times in 777 Posts
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Those Coolpix pocket style cameras are ok for doing normal shooting. If you want to get really GOOD shots, go with a DSLR. Just pick one that will fit your budget. Sometimes the big stores (Bestbuy) will have package deals. Get the body, an 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. Great starter kits!
Canon, Nikon all have good cameras. So go with what you can afford.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #20
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
ChibiBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ChibiBlackSheep is on a distinguished road
Default

You can pick up a Canon Rebel XS with Lens for like $400 now.
ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter Storm Coming! crzydmnd72 Lounge 13 12-01-2006 12:37 AM
The Canadians are coming, the Canadians are coming!!!!!! Peterg22000 Lounge 4 06-02-2006 03:05 AM
WATCH OUT BILL BOOST, the storm is coming... bandit Lounge 8 05-31-2006 01:36 PM
Storm is coming BillBoost37 Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 19 11-23-2005 05:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.