DEPRESSED!!! 56k should walk away - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos Post pictures, sounds, and VIDEOS of Your GM Vehicle. We want to see 'em! (Any picture or video files must be posted on a server somewhere to be linked here). Also post pics of Regional or National meets.

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #21
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 566
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CSFiend is on a distinguished road
Default

i call BS on the damaged rim picture, the one above it (from when you still owned it) shows the damage...
CSFiend is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #22
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
dbeast420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My reclining computer chair
Posts: 11,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbeast420 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSFiend
i call BS on the damaged rim picture, the one above it (from when you still owned it) shows the damage...
I think he was talking about the condition of the tires :(
dbeast420 is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Farmington, Minnesota =MWBF '05 SURVIVOR= =CEBF '06 SURVIVOR= =August '06 COTM=
Posts: 9,130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LakevilleSSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

I KNOW where the busted rim pic happened....

I know about the paint spots on the trunk lid and roof, the dents/creases in the roof.

But the interior, that car was in brand new condition interior wise, he always kept it so clean that it would seem like the car was never driven a day in his life.
LakevilleSSEi is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #24
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
dbeast420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My reclining computer chair
Posts: 11,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbeast420 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakevilleSSEi
I KNOW where the busted rim pic happened....
I know when it happened but,we won't mention it
dbeast420 is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #25
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

yea yea yeah the rim and the roof are all me... but i still took pics for the hell of it...

he is maintaining it only to keep it running, end of story
harofreak00 is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #26
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Quincy, Ma
Posts: 15,341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gumball is on a distinguished road
Default

It'* ok Haro, you just have to let her go
Gumball is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #27
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 4,328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
fantastic88 is on a distinguished road
Default

****. How can you do that to a perfect car in less than a years time?
fantastic88 is offline  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #28
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Holt, MI & Lima, OH
Posts: 3,022
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbtk2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harofreak00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtk2
To be honest, I wouldn't have expected it to look any beter than that if I were you. In fact I probably would've been suprised that it looked that good. That car can be cleaned up to look as it did when you sold it in an afternoon.

Shawn
dont think so.. i spend days upon nights cleaning that car... one afternoon could be dedicated just on the center console buttons
I worked at a detail shop from the time I was 12 until I was 18. It takes 3 hours to do a full detail on a typical car. The pics of what it looks like at the new owners place looks to be about like what some of the better looking cars we got in looked like. (you would not believe how bad some cars could be, that one looks very good compared to some I've seen) In that 3 hours I could make it look virtually as good as it did when you had it, but when thats all you do all day everyday you get quicker at it. In 5 hours, other than the minor damage he did to it, I could definately have it looking very close to what it looked like in the original pics.

Quote:
to some people a car is just car. Time to pick up and move on.
Exactly. Once you get rid of it they are free to do what they want with it. I for one would've been very pissed if a previous owner of my car comes knocking on my door yelling at me about MY car.

Shawn
dbtk2 is offline  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #29
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtk2
Quote:
Originally Posted by harofreak00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtk2
To be honest, I wouldn't have expected it to look any beter than that if I were you. In fact I probably would've been suprised that it looked that good. That car can be cleaned up to look as it did when you sold it in an afternoon.

Shawn
dont think so.. i spend days upon nights cleaning that car... one afternoon could be dedicated just on the center console buttons
I worked at a detail shop from the time I was 12 until I was 18. It takes 3 hours to do a full detail on a typical car. The pics of what it looks like at the new owners place looks to be about like what some of the better looking cars we got in looked like. (you would not believe how bad some cars could be, that one looks very good compared to some I've seen) In that 3 hours I could make it look virtually as good as it did when you had it, but when thats all you do all day everyday you get quicker at it. In 5 hours, other than the minor damage he did to it, I could definately have it looking very close to what it looked like in the original pics.

Quote:
to some people a car is just car. Time to pick up and move on.
Exactly. Once you get rid of it they are free to do what they want with it. I for one would've been very pissed if a previous owner of my car comes knocking on my door yelling at me about MY car.

Shawn
ok you win about the detailing time, but the damage is another story...

i did not go yelling at his door... i know the guy, its my buddies dad.. it was more of a playful gesture
harofreak00 is offline  
Old 04-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #30
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Crete IL
Posts: 133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonniemaro is on a distinguished road
Default

man that was a nice looking car. nobody is allowed to smoke in my car. I barely let people drink anything in my car. I guess I just don't understand how you could let the interior of your car get that bad. I would be embaressed every time someone got in it.
bonniemaro is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
** PROJECT ** 05 Dodge Magnum ** 4 - 28 -08 ** 56k Walk Away K-OtiK Lounge 13 05-02-2008 06:33 PM
NYIAS With pictures included! 56k go walk the dog. seriously Buickman104 Lounge 5 04-08-2007 11:51 PM
62* in MN (56k walk the dog) MNwonderboy Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 3 03-13-2007 06:07 PM
a walk in MY woods (56k nope) harofreak00 Lounge 10 04-30-2006 10:07 PM
Finally some pics of my ride. (56k should run away) beckstyle Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 12 10-01-2005 08:21 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.