Buick When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made.

New stereo and no sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ethan is on a distinguished road
Default New stereo and no sound

1994 Buick LeSabre Custom with no power antenna, I got a wiring harness and matched all the colors and I know that all my connections are good, and I turned the new stereo on and works properly but there is no sound, I have installed one before but I had a power antenna so I’m not sure which wires I don’t have to connect or what has to be done to make it work correctly.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:31 AM

True Car Nut

Received 1,084 Likes on 832 Posts
Tech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond repute

Well, does it have a cassette or CD or MP3 player? If yes, do you have sound when you try to play something? If yes, then you have an antenna or radio problem....if no, could be wiring problem or bad radio....

What happens when you put old radio back in?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM

The factory stereo has cassette, when I hook the factory back up it all works fine. The new stereo has a CD player, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Boss-Audio-508UAB-Single-DIN-CD-MP3-Player-Bluetooth/37519404?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid= 22222222228025117191&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=56454683 409&wl4=pla-89133055449&wl5=1021721&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl1 0=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=37519404&wl13=&veh=se, I got a wiring harness,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002BEX8W/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002BEX8W/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1
, and connected the wires according to color and all connections are good for sure, there are four plugs on the factory harness that plug into the factory radio, but with the new harness only three of those plugs go into it and the other plug has one wire that is orange colored, and I don’t know if I should hook up the power antenna wire considering there is no power antenna, I’ve tried it with it connected and not and still no sound.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:42 PM

True Car Nut

Tech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond reputeTech II has a reputation beyond repute

According to color? No, according to circuit.....you need a schematic....
Old 02-07-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tech II
According to color? No, according to circuit.....you need a schematic....
The colors matched by using the schematic
Old 02-07-2018, 10:36 PM

True Car Nut

What I am saying is, you need a schematic of the the radio AND of the GM radio harnesses.......

For example, a red wire for the radio could be the power line, and the orange line in the GM harness could be the power line, so red and orange go together......you have to know the circuit of every wire....the colors may not match....
Old 02-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tech II
What I am saying is, you need a schematic of the the radio AND of the GM radio harnesses.......

For example, a red wire for the radio could be the power line, and the orange line in the GM harness could be the power line, so red and orange go together......you have to know the circuit of every wire....the colors may not match....
I know what you mean, but actually I have to go off of the wires coming from the harness that the factory harness plugs into and the wires that come from the new stereo, and I used the schematic from both of those and the colors did end up matching
Old 02-08-2018, 10:30 AM

True Car Nut

Well, if the wires are hooked up correctly, and the old one works but the new one doesn't, what does that tell you?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:30 PM

True Car Nut

Received 877 Likes on 806 Posts
CathedralCub is a splendid one to beholdCathedralCub is a splendid one to beholdCathedralCub is a splendid one to beholdCathedralCub is a splendid one to beholdCathedralCub is a splendid one to beholdCathedralCub is a splendid one to beholdCathedralCub is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ethan
there are four plugs on the factory harness that plug into the factory radio, but with the new harness only three of those plugs go into it and the other plug has one wire that is orange colored
If this plug is disconnected on the factory unit, do you get sound?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Posts like a Supercharger

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
CorvairGeek will become famous soon enoughCorvairGeek will become famous soon enough

Did you happen to have a radio like this, and/or steering wheel controls?
There is an extra connector on the back, even with a lesser stereo, for steering wheel controls something like this;

Quick Reply: New stereo and no sound