Pulleys - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning Talk about modifications, or anything else associated with performance enhancements. Have a new idea for performance/reliability? Post it here. No idea is stupid! (please use Detailing and Appearance for cosmetic ideas)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
-- SITE DONATOR --
True Car Nut
 
ymmot04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,638
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
ymmot04 is a glorious beacon of lightymmot04 is a glorious beacon of lightymmot04 is a glorious beacon of lightymmot04 is a glorious beacon of lightymmot04 is a glorious beacon of lightymmot04 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

It differs for every vehicle. My best guess if you did everything I listed above along with a 3.5 pulley assuming your not getting KR, you could be looking at gains of around 30hp at the crank. The exhaust and intake work isn't going to net you a whole lot in hp, those are supportive mods that will allow you to start on the mods that really gain you some power like dropping pulley sizes.
ymmot04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #12
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
j0rn3z is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmot04 View Post
It differs for every vehicle. My best guess if you did everything I listed above along with a 3.5 pulley assuming your not getting KR, you could be looking at gains of around 30hp at the crank. The exhaust and intake work isn't going to net you a whole lot in hp, those are supportive mods that will allow you to start on the mods that really gain you some power like dropping pulley sizes.
Alrighty, sounds like a plan then
j0rn3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 AM   #13
Senior Member
Posts like a Supercharger
 
gonzo4191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LZ, IL
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gonzo4191 is on a distinguished road
Default

a tune is really necessary to run all these mods to their ut-most potential
gonzo4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Nobotada84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nobotada84 is on a distinguished road
Default

First off, welcome to the forum, You sound a lot like i did when i first started here, you just wanna know what you need for one mod and thats it. However its important to understand every mod depends on a bunch of other mods in order for it to perform properly and at tip top condition. So just as a word of advice, take the time to surf the forum and ask questions, learn about the risks and advantages to the mod/mods you wanna do, and in the process you'll even learn to do a lot of things yourself. this means alot of saved money for you, in that you learn to maintain your own vehicle and up keep the mods you perform. But i agree with one of the earlier post, make sure your car is mechanically sound in all other areas before you throw any more power into her. you've got a 13 yr old bonnie, make sure she'* healthy.
Nobotada84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
j0rn3z is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobotada84 View Post
First off, welcome to the forum, You sound a lot like i did when i first started here, you just wanna know what you need for one mod and thats it. However its important to understand every mod depends on a bunch of other mods in order for it to perform properly and at tip top condition. So just as a word of advice, take the time to surf the forum and ask questions, learn about the risks and advantages to the mod/mods you wanna do, and in the process you'll even learn to do a lot of things yourself. this means alot of saved money for you, in that you learn to maintain your own vehicle and up keep the mods you perform. But i agree with one of the earlier post, make sure your car is mechanically sound in all other areas before you throw any more power into her. you've got a 13 yr old bonnie, make sure she'* healthy.
Well I just had a motor put in it and it has 48-50k on it, i change the oil and spark plugs in time and make sure everythings good
j0rn3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Nobotada84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nobotada84 is on a distinguished road
Default

Sounds good. Hows your suspension, the braking, the transmission? I dont want to seem like im prying but there are plenty of guys that jump the gun and add extra boost before they cover basic fundamentals, and that can be costly.
Nobotada84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #17
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
j0rn3z is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobotada84 View Post
Sounds good. Hows your suspension, the braking, the transmission? I dont want to seem like im prying but there are plenty of guys that jump the gun and add extra boost before they cover basic fundamentals, and that can be costly.
Suspension is one thing i do need, any suggestions? Transmission is in good shape, shifts right on time, and smoothly, brakes are also in good shape
j0rn3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #18
Senior Member
Posts like a Supercharger
 
gonzo4191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LZ, IL
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gonzo4191 is on a distinguished road
Default

has the trans fluid been changed recently, you can also install a $5 DIY shift kit if you want to to firm up the shifts
gonzo4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Nobotada84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 699
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nobotada84 is on a distinguished road
Default

The stock suspension in these cars isn't bad at all. It tends to get a little squirrely when you really start hitting really high speeds but other than its coo. I'd say find out whats wrong with your suspension and just get it fixed. But other than sway bars on the strut towers their reaslly isnt too much you need to do. If i missed something here anybody else feel free to jump in.
Nobotada84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
j0rn3z is on a distinguished road
Default

Is there any aftermarket struts and springs?
j0rn3z is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pulleys, pulleys, pulleys TelePlayer Forced Induction 27 02-19-2004 01:09 AM
Question about stock pulleys bogart95sesc Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 6 04-23-2003 06:32 PM
Aftermarket Supercharger pulleys 00SSEiWV Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 04-09-2003 04:54 AM
water pump and alternator pulleys? 95naSTA Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 12 03-20-2003 11:51 PM
Pulleys t-type Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 2 09-19-2002 11:53 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.