Anyone know the dimensions,for intake heatshield (97-99)-upd - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning Talk about modifications, or anything else associated with performance enhancements. Have a new idea for performance/reliability? Post it here. No idea is stupid! (please use Detailing and Appearance for cosmetic ideas)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: _Phoenix, AZ_ _WCBF '05, '06, '07 Survivor_ ____NEBF '07 Remnant___
Posts: 3,448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Echo SSEI is on a distinguished road
Default

I am positive Rudy is talking about a heatshield for a cone filter and pipe set-up. I believe he is looking the dimensions of your heatshield from anyone that has fabbed up a heatshield that fits with the stock PCM box in place for a '97-'99 (most '96s have a cover and not a full box for the PCM)
Echo SSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #12
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, that depends on what pipe and filter people use.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rudeboyphx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo SSEI
I am positive Rudy is talking about a heatshield for a cone filter and pipe set-up. I believe he is looking the dimensions of your heatshield from anyone that has fabbed up a heatshield that fits with the stock PCM box in place for a '97-'99 (most '96s have a cover and not a full box for the PCM)

It'* going to be a heat shield (Phoenix, AZ); most diff....

I was hoping there was standard specs out there for this & possible intercooler type setup. I can take my current airbox & get idea from that (plan b).
Getting a K&N setup, open to any suggestions as to heat shield setup or threads. & if good price possible orders? I think he said it would be made out of a Poly Carbonate substance (the box that is).

This is my Christams present, knida want to get this right...
rudeboyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #14
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rudeboyphx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
http://www.intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=INT-FWI-97&Category_Code=IF
Have thought about those; dropping it down behind the head lights (for winter). Just wondering about that Phoenix heat (<90 degrees-7mts/ <100 degrees-3mts). Which is why i was thinking some type of intercooler setup. Wouldn't the heat shield be the best choice especially during the summer. It'* two seasons over here summer/winter-kinda of (originally from Miami, so yea it'* winter).

Had seen a custom mod heatshield with intercooler & etched ssei on top. really looked nice. If i could only find it again...
rudeboyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #16
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,837
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sqela is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboyphx
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
http://www.intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=INT-FWI-97&Category_Code=IF
Have thought about those; dropping it down behind the head lights (for winter). Just wondering about that Phoenix heat (<90 degrees-7mts/ <100 degrees-3mts). Which is why i was thinking some type of intercooler setup. Wouldn't the heat shield be the best choice especially during the summer. It'* two seasons over here summer/winter-kinda of (originally from Miami, so yea it'* winter).

Had seen a custom mod heatshield with intercooler & etched ssei on top. really looked nice. If i could only find it again...
this?
*****NOT MY CAR!!!!!*******

*****NOT MY CAR!!!!!*******
sqela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #17
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

That looks vaguely familiar. And that pretty intake (this is an old pic of my Zilla) is being retired.

I'm going FWI.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #18
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rudeboyphx is on a distinguished road
Default

sqela - That is the one I've seen before; what filter size is that?

I've seen one were they took out that reservoir (to the right of the filter) & made the box that much bigger. I believe they used some type of intercooler with the extra space.
that'* kinda what i'm looking for. A complete cool intake system for the summer.
rudeboyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #19
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

if you do a FWI that is the one of the best ways to draw in cool air......partly because the filter is NOT in the engine bay.....
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #20
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboyphx
sqela - That is the one I've seen before; what filter size is that?

I've seen one were they took out that reservoir (to the right of the filter) & made the box that much bigger. I believe they used some type of intercooler with the extra space.
that'* kinda what i'm looking for. A complete cool intake system for the summer.
That'* MY engine, not Squela'*. Intercooler? Huh? Intercoolers go UNDER the supercharger and are very expensive.

That airbox in the pic (I built it) is force-fed by scoops under my front grille. It supplies a constant souce of cool air so the box doesn't have to be completely sealed.

Again, I'm retiring this intake and going FWI.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
intake heatshield gbrl21 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 36 08-16-2006 12:37 AM
Heatshield ? SUPRCHRGD 1992-1999 5 05-25-2006 04:30 PM
Air Box Heatshield fantastic88 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 01-03-2006 05:08 PM
CAI heatshield resonance Custom88 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 12-12-2005 08:36 PM
heatshield and CAI Goo551 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 6 11-22-2005 08:23 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.