Yet another pi$$ poor attempt at scamming. - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In your garage, swipin' da lug nutz
Posts: 3,067
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sandrock is on a distinguished road
Default Yet another pi$$ poor attempt at scamming.

In regards to my Craigslist add for the 94 SSE.

Quote:
Thanks i got all information i needed about the AD, since you can assure me the goodness of it, i will like to buy it with additional $200 of your asking price. I am presently located in lowa, i wish i could visit you to take a look at the vehicle but due to my present Business engagement, i will not be able to come over there to look at it or offer you cash in person, and we have a private shipping company that will handle everything after you have your money in hand. As there are too many scams on internet as regards buying and selling with large bogus account, we need to protect our self, that is why our mode of payment will be via electronic cashier check. Echeck is simple, secured, legal, fast and it is setup to eliminate the stress of putting check in mail for days. You can read more on how i-versa check works at www.iversacheck.com and also to let you know more about its legitimacy., you must received cash from your bank before the shipping company will come to pick it up. All what you just need to do is to get a business versacheck paper and versaink, cost of $51.99. Once you have this, i will send the electronic check to your email for printing. You can then print and proceed to clear and cash the check at your bank. The cost of procuring the check paper and ink will be added to the bottom price. you can get business versa check paper and versa ink, at office depot, officemax, staples or any stationary store wal-mart shopping moll around. and makesure you buy versa check paper and versa ink, I will be waiting to read from you soon. get back to me as soon as you get the check paper and ink. you are not the only one i asked from, and first come first serve, buy the material today, to make it faster.
712-595-4296.

Thanks God bless you.
Idiot.
sandrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bonneville92V688 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
As there are too many scams on internet as regards buying and selling with large bogus account, we need to protect our self, that is why our mode of payment will be via electronic cashier check.



Amazing how he cracks on himself. I especially love his **** poor grammar and spelling....
Bonneville92V688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In your garage, swipin' da lug nutz
Posts: 3,067
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sandrock is on a distinguished road
Default

The 712 area code IS correct for Iowa...but that'* about as far as I trust it.
sandrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnie94ssei is on a distinguished road
Default

"God Bless" alone = scam
bonnie94ssei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Posts: 1,936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GXP_Vince is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie94ssei
"God Bless" alone = scam
True that.
GXP_Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whitewater, Wisconsin
Posts: 319
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nicklikesmilk is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrock
The 712 area code IS correct for Iowa...but that'* about as far as I trust it.
i looked it up on whitepages.com, just for amusement



Quote:
0 Results matching "(712) 595-4296"
i don't even understand how his scam works.
nicklikesmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Burbank, Illinois
Posts: 271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phatklan is on a distinguished road
Default

hes taking ur 52 bucks
phatklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Machesney Park, Illinois Ride:_1993_Bonneville_SSEi got boost?
Posts: 1,388
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xDRx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yet another pi$$ poor attempt at scamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrock
In regards to my Craigslist add for the 94 SSE.

Quote:
Thanks i got all information i needed about the AD, since you can assure me the goodness of it, i will like to buy it with additional $200 of your asking price. I am presently located in lowa, i wish i could visit you to take a look at the vehicle but due to my present Business engagement, i will not be able to come over there to look at it or offer you cash in person, and we have a private shipping company that will handle everything after you have your money in hand. As there are too many scams on internet as regards buying and selling with large bogus account, we need to protect our self, that is why our mode of payment will be via electronic cashier check. Echeck is simple, secured, legal, fast and it is setup to eliminate the stress of putting check in mail for days. You can read more on how i-versa check works at www.iversacheck.com and also to let you know more about its legitimacy., you must received cash from your bank before the shipping company will come to pick it up. All what you just need to do is to get a business versacheck paper and versaink, cost of $51.99. Once you have this, i will send the electronic check to your email for printing. You can then print and proceed to clear and cash the check at your bank. The cost of procuring the check paper and ink will be added to the bottom price. you can get business versa check paper and versa ink, at office depot, officemax, staples or any stationary store wal-mart shopping moll around. and makesure you buy versa check paper and versa ink, I will be waiting to read from you soon. get back to me as soon as you get the check paper and ink. you are not the only one i asked from, and first come first serve, buy the material today, to make it faster.
712-595-4296.

Thanks God bless you.
Idiot.
That was the SAME EXACT message I got about trying to sell my sisters 98 Continental.
xDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sioux Falls, SD. Member #2387
Posts: 907
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ten_gigahertz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yet another pi$$ poor attempt at scamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDRx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrock
In regards to my Craigslist add for the 94 SSE.

Quote:
Thanks i got all information i needed about the AD, since you can assure me the goodness of it, i will like to buy it with additional $200 of your asking price. I am presently located in lowa, i wish i could visit you to take a look at the vehicle but due to my present Business engagement, i will not be able to come over there to look at it or offer you cash in person, and we have a private shipping company that will handle everything after you have your money in hand. As there are too many scams on internet as regards buying and selling with large bogus account, we need to protect our self, that is why our mode of payment will be via electronic cashier check. Echeck is simple, secured, legal, fast and it is setup to eliminate the stress of putting check in mail for days. You can read more on how i-versa check works at www.iversacheck.com and also to let you know more about its legitimacy., you must received cash from your bank before the shipping company will come to pick it up. All what you just need to do is to get a business versacheck paper and versaink, cost of $51.99. Once you have this, i will send the electronic check to your email for printing. You can then print and proceed to clear and cash the check at your bank. The cost of procuring the check paper and ink will be added to the bottom price. you can get business versa check paper and versa ink, at office depot, officemax, staples or any stationary store wal-mart shopping moll around. and makesure you buy versa check paper and versa ink, I will be waiting to read from you soon. get back to me as soon as you get the check paper and ink. you are not the only one i asked from, and first come first serve, buy the material today, to make it faster.
712-595-4296.

Thanks God bless you.
Idiot.
That was the SAME EXACT message I got about trying to sell my sisters 98 Continental.
It'* not a scam - he just needs 2 cars! lol
ten_gigahertz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help yet agian for yet another problem with me car Epicpwn General GM Chat 23 08-06-2010 04:53 PM
Updated! Another Good Attempt at PS...(last post) PRD2BDF Detailing & Appearance 16 10-03-2007 03:52 AM
that poor poor neon...like i care! SSEimatt93 Lounge 4 10-22-2003 03:48 PM
poor poor civic LOL SSEimatt93 General GM Chat 6 05-12-2003 11:05 AM
Poor Poor Hollywood :( Tamara 1992-1999 3 11-17-2002 07:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.