whip audio.? - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: allentown, pa--brooklyn, ny
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
88bonnsse is on a distinguished road
Default whip audio.?

anyone here ever heard of whip audio speakers.?
88bonnsse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lebanon, oregon
Posts: 297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
03BONNY is on a distinguished road
Default

ive heard of them, some odd names like that are very good, company'* starting out cant find any reviews on them though, so i dont know how good they are. reliable?

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/304082.html

edited
03BONNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lebanon, oregon
Posts: 297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
03BONNY is on a distinguished road
Default

03BONNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere south of Ottawa with your girlfriend driving faster then you.
Posts: 3,277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ReallyAGXP is on a distinguished road
Default

STAY AWAY FROM THEM period.
ReallyAGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Jenison, MI (Near Grand Rapids)
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
theJMFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Isn't "Whip" one of those made-up words that people use in the ghetto? I thought I heard it used in talking about cars, but I can't think what real word it was replacing...

Something like: "My pimpin ride'* got tight whips, yo!"

Maybe it wasn't ghetto, but ricer-speak...

At any rate, I'd avoid them too, just based on that.
theJMFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: burb of detroit. 2 miles north of 8 mile Rd.
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
samueljackson is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJMFC
Isn't "Whip" one of those made-up words that people use in the ghetto? I thought I heard it used in talking about cars, but I can't think what real word it was replacing...

Something like: "My pimpin ride'* got tight whips, yo!"

Maybe it wasn't ghetto, but ricer-speak...

At any rate, I'd avoid them too, just based on that.
not ricer necessarily. now ur being a lil biased but to help you understand,

a whip = car.

proper sentance example.... "i just threw some D'* on da whip"

oh and D'* are dayton rims, YO
samueljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Jenison, MI (Near Grand Rapids)
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
theJMFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljackson
not ricer necessarily. now ur being a lil biased but to help you understand,

a whip = car.

proper sentance example.... "i just threw some D'* on da whip"

oh and D'* are dayton rims, YO
LOL Ok. So my sentence there was pretty bad grammar then.

I still fail to see why people can't just call a car a car. I'll freely admit that I'm biased against using words that don't exist in the English language (or do, but not defined as they are being used), especially when there is already a great word (car) that is both shorter, and more widely accepted than the new word. Calling Dayton rims "D'*" though, I can understand. Similar to calling a Chevrolet a Chevy.

Thanks for the lesson though. Now I feel all bi-lingual or something.
theJMFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:46 AM   #8
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: burb of detroit. 2 miles north of 8 mile Rd.
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
samueljackson is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJMFC
LOL Ok. So my sentence there was pretty bad grammar then.

I still fail to see why people can't just call a car a car. I'll freely admit that I'm biased against using words that don't exist in the English language (or do, but not defined as they are being used), especially when there is already a great word (car) that is both shorter, and more widely accepted than the new word. Calling Dayton rims "D'*" though, I can understand. Similar to calling a Chevrolet a Chevy.

Thanks for the lesson though. Now I feel all bi-lingual or something.
yes bad at being bad. its ok, slang is very hard to keep up with.

and no prob on the quick ebonics lesson
samueljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chr0mius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyAGXP
STAY AWAY FROM THEM period.
I agree with you, but do you know any reason why? I just don't think I trust the company, but I have no reason for it. Have you had experience with them?
chr0mius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #10
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lebanon, oregon
Posts: 297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
03BONNY is on a distinguished road
Default

i wouldnt buy them because there is 0 reviews i cant find anything on them.
if you looking to buy good stuff get diamond or earthquak on the cheaper side but sounds awsome. i had over 4k in diamond soudn system in my last ride crisp and loud for all types of music...
03BONNY is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help finding a non mag mount, no drill cb whip eltatertoto General GM Chat 8 03-12-2014 06:52 PM
Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D + Sundown Audio SA-12's = Gorilla Flex! 04MonteLS Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 44 12-06-2010 10:43 PM
The main whip... '85 Fiero. alec_b Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 7 03-25-2006 10:58 PM
HEY GUY'S CHECK OUT MY WHIP! vze3r85p Lounge 8 11-12-2002 09:23 PM
An Audio Question SSEiguy 1992-1999 12 10-16-2002 06:25 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.