SS Camaro's should sound this good! - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
SAMzGXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort crack homie
Posts: 2,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SAMzGXP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP Venom View Post
Meh. Thats not a model you can just go buy at any Dealer.

Plain Jane 'stangs are going for $50K, whats the Shelby500 weigh in at???.

Since we're talking Special Editions, For $60K Hennesy has a Camaro SS all ready for you. And it ain't afraid of a 'stang by any means. Chevy ain't dead FordBoys! ;-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcZeqG082A
agreed, i said ill take the Camaro over any stang any day but that black mustang i posted is just amazing.... as for Hennesy... no comment.. sex on wheels
SAMzGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
SAMzGXP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort crack homie
Posts: 2,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SAMzGXP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesweetride View Post
Avalanche? Beautiful? That'* one of the ugliest GM'* to come down the pike.Except for the Aztek.
maybe the older ones but the 07+ are definitely one of the nicest trucks out there..

if the avalanche is ugly then show me one better looking LUXURY truck other than the Escalade EXT

as for the Aztek.. that explains were pontiac is now..
SAMzGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default

It'* a shame Chevy shelved the Z28 concept for 2010. But there is hope. From Camaro.net.....

GM officials confirmed that the possibility for a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 was still on the table.
The Z28 remained a popular high-performance variant of the Chevrolet Camaro throughout much of the vehicle'* production. Introduced in 1967, the Z28 title was retired at the end of the Camaro'* 4th-generation production run in 2002. Now, the Z28 is one of the many muscle car nameplates in the running for a next-generation revival.
Purportedly, the designs for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 have been finalized since February. In relation to the standard Camaro, the Z28 is expected to feature a deeper front bumper, unique spotlights, larger intakes and a new lip spoiler.
Of course, it'* under the hood where the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro would really shine. If produced, the vehicle would carry the Cadillac CTS-V'* supercharged 6.2-liter V8. Coupled with a 6-speed manual or automatic, the Z28 would muster 556 horsepower and a 0-to-60 mph clock speed of less than four seconds.


GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #24
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
99BonneSLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 305
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
99BonneSLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutzybrian View Post
All about personal taste I guess. I agree on the Aztek part but I think the Avalanche is the best looking GM truck.
I agree with you 100%. I think the Avalanche is absolutely beautiful. The Tahoe as well. The Aztek is just gross. lol. no offense to anyone who owns an Aztek.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMzGXP View Post
agreed, i said ill take the Camaro over any stang any day but that black mustang i posted is just amazing.... as for Hennesy... no comment.. sex on wheels
I second that. Cobras usually are beasts. But I'll still take a Camaro over any model of stang. Hennessey does amazing work. haha. that'* funny, I use that term all the time. "sex on wheels"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP Venom View Post
It'* a shame Chevy shelved the Z28 concept for 2010. But there is hope. From Camaro.net.....

GM officials confirmed that the possibility for a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 was still on the table.
The Z28 remained a popular high-performance variant of the Chevrolet Camaro throughout much of the vehicle'* production. Introduced in 1967, the Z28 title was retired at the end of the Camaro'* 4th-generation production run in 2002. Now, the Z28 is one of the many muscle car nameplates in the running for a next-generation revival.
Purportedly, the designs for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 have been finalized since February. In relation to the standard Camaro, the Z28 is expected to feature a deeper front bumper, unique spotlights, larger intakes and a new lip spoiler.
Of course, it'* under the hood where the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro would really shine. If produced, the vehicle would carry the Cadillac CTS-V'* supercharged 6.2-liter V8. Coupled with a 6-speed manual or automatic, the Z28 would muster 556 horsepower and a 0-to-60 mph clock speed of less than four seconds.


I've read about this. I can't wait honestly. My mom, yes my mom, is planning on getting herself a new Camaro. She wants either the Z28 or she wants to see if they come out with the convertible. She said "The Camaro was my first car, and it'll be my last". I gave her a round of applause after that. If I see the Z28 drop, I'll ditch my plans of getting the Avalanche and go for that. I wanted the Transformers edition V6 (insurance reasons) but that never happened. Insurance would kill me (a 19 year old) for an SS Camaro.

Last edited by 99BonneSLE; 02-10-2010 at 03:29 PM.
99BonneSLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #25
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default

I read in the same article, the 2011 convertible is a go and been shown to select Dealers. Lets hope the LSX happens. It would definately make me start whimpering to the wife. GM needs to engage Ford with this. And it isn't like they don't have the engine or resources already. I wonder if they can bring another Caddy engine across Brands and stay price competitive. The N* in the GXP and it'* average list price didn't help sales or Pontiac'* emerging problem in '05. But the LSA is a whole different animal/story. Especially when you consider it'* potential leaving the GM sable, The LSA was detuned from it'* 620 HP ZR1 to go into the Caddy. According to "DragTimes", with a simple supercharger pulley change, light intake/exhaust modifications and a tune, 650 HP is a simple task. Not good at conversions, but isn't 6.2L'*, 427 Cu. In. ? Wonder how it would do against the old "Yenko" 427 Camaro'*.
GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #26
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
tayl5645's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 372
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tayl5645 is on a distinguished road
Default

my preference is not for any of those vehicles.... the new Lexus LFA is AMAZING!!!
tayl5645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
onesweetride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
onesweetride is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMzGXP View Post
maybe the older ones but the 07+ are definitely one of the nicest trucks out there..

if the avalanche is ugly then show me one better looking LUXURY truck other than the Escalade EXT

as for the Aztek.. that explains were pontiac is now..

New Linc. isn't bad. IMHO
onesweetride is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound no sound Advice SSEIVILLE Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 7 04-26-2010 10:39 PM
How an inline 6 SHOULD sound (repinS, this is for you) VigCS Your Other Rides: Pics & Videos 4 02-03-2006 10:22 PM
not good. NOT GOOD. (hit and run, not bad-BAD, but not good) repinS General GM Chat 13 11-26-2004 11:35 AM
Whats a good gear ratio for the rear end of a 84 350 camaro killer_cr80r Lounge 1 10-01-2004 09:33 AM
hey how does the sound system sound in a 03 SSEI? chasmanz28 Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 15 10-29-2003 02:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.