A Sad Day In The Pro Wrestling World. - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Detroit MI,
Posts: 926
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonnevilleLErocks is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr0mius
Wrestling sites mean nothing. Given the boy-who-cried-wolf history of staged Wrestling, I hope no one holds it against me that I am quite skeptical until this story is confirmed by a reputable news outlet.
Quote:
Where'* the credible source?

Supply it, and I'll believe Confused
x3, I need ABC News or somebody to report on this and so far none of them are reporting about this.
BonnevilleLErocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chr0mius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy46
Where'* the credible source?

Supply it, and I'll believe
I've been lurking news sites, I mean...he may not be incredibly famous but when an entire family falls ill and dies in their home, it will probably be reported. Especially considering this guy was a bit famous, at least.

EDIT: Just noting that I really hate wrestling, and I'm only lurking out of personal interest. If this happens to be true, I will be sad for his death. If it'* false, I find it pathetic that WWE would do something like this. So out of curiosity, I want to find out the truth.
chr0mius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 PM   #13
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Detroit MI,
Posts: 926
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonnevilleLErocks is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr0mius

I've been lurking news sites, I mean...he may not be incredibly famous but when an entire family falls ill and dies in their home, it will probably be reported. Especially considering this guy was a bit famous, at least.

So far the only site I see reporting on this is WWE, the same site that staged the whole Vince limo death thing.

the boy who cried wolf...nobody believes them now
BonnevilleLErocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #14
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Machesney Park, Illinois Ride:_1993_Bonneville_SSEi got boost?
Posts: 1,388
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xDRx is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, we'll find out in abut 12 minutes whats going on
xDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #15
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
dbeast420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My reclining computer chair
Posts: 11,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbeast420 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnevilleLErocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr0mius
Wrestling sites mean nothing. Given the boy-who-cried-wolf history of staged Wrestling, I hope no one holds it against me that I am quite skeptical until this story is confirmed by a reputable news outlet.

Quote:
Where'* the credible source?

Supply it, and I'll believe Confused
x3, I need ABC News or somebody to report on this and so far none of them are reporting about this.

Is this a reputable enough source???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Journal Constitution
Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07

A professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.
Chris Benoit


Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit, 30, was a Canadian wrestler who most recently fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment.

The organization said on its Web site said that Monday night'* broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network will "serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...625benoit.html
dbeast420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #16
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Machesney Park, Illinois Ride:_1993_Bonneville_SSEi got boost?
Posts: 1,388
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xDRx is on a distinguished road
Default

Yea, Tonight on RAW its all chris benoit. theres NO audience. Just memories from wrestlers and matches that defined his great career

:(
xDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #17
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Detroit MI,
Posts: 926
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BonnevilleLErocks is on a distinguished road
Default

O.K. good enough for the time being. All I can think of now is maybe carbon monoxide poisoning or some type of poisoning that may have killed the entire family or murder suicide. Details will come out as time goes by
BonnevilleLErocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #18
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chr0mius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeast420
Is this a reputable enough source???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Journal Constitution
Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07

A professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.
Chris Benoit


Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Benoit, 30, was a Canadian wrestler who most recently fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment.

The organization said on its Web site said that Monday night'* broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network will "serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family."
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...625benoit.html
Yes, I suppose it is. I'm not trying to denigrate his death or anything of the sort, I was merely skeptical because of the past shenanigans pulled by staged Wrestling. You really can't blame me, it'* their own fault for having staged deaths in which they claim the FBI is investigating it.
I feel bad for them and their families.
chr0mius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Elberton, GA
Posts: 5,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ga93sle is on a distinguished road
Default

Isn't it terrible that there'* stuff like this happening and WWE is still going along with the whole Vince McMahon hoax? Not that I watch wrestling anymore, though. It'* to much of a soap-opera, but I remember watching Chris Benoit on WCW when I was just a little kid.
ga93sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #20
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
dbeast420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My reclining computer chair
Posts: 11,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbeast420 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga93sle
Isn't it terrible that there'* stuff like this happening and WWE is still going along with the whole Vince McMahon hoax? Not that I watch wrestling anymore, though. It'* to much of a soap-opera, but I remember watching Chris Benoit on WCW when I was just a little kid.
Their not going with that story line anymore. I'm sitting here watching RAW and Vince came out at the beginning of the show and dedicated tonight'* show in Chris'* memory
dbeast420 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sad sad day for the camaro sseidriver97 Lounge 12 05-20-2011 08:30 AM
Sad, sad day. willwren Lounge 19 03-31-2008 11:38 AM
sad sad day in bonneville land...... summer rims off GAMEOVER General GM Chat 12 10-20-2004 04:38 PM
It's a sad sad sad sad day.... JimmyJames83 General GM Chat 21 05-29-2004 03:46 PM
Sad Sad Day in Bonneville Land NiKo General GM Chat 10 04-21-2004 11:26 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.