Road Runner Comes To EAST JESUS,PA.......Confused - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default Road Runner Comes To EAST JESUS,PA.......Confused

Friday morning I found out TimeWarnerCable was offering Roadrunner in my area.( they are in NewYork but service my little hamlet south of the border. WooooooooooHoooooooooo!!! I called them up and got Broadband and went down an hour later to get the setup package. Didnt want to wait for technician.

Being 1/4 Irish I woke up Sa.t really green and waited till today to hook up. They gave me two cables...Ethernet and USB but nothing was found as to which is better.
I'm already using my three USB'* so installed with Ethernet cable. Is there any difference in the two??? If USB is better, I'll have to go get a hub to fit in.
I called TWC but got the Hi I'm just hear to make you feel good-Dont know Squat Sunday Girl.......Thanx John

What a freaking difference after suffering speeds of 18000 to 32000 Kbps for years......
GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peterg22000 is on a distinguished road
Default

so how fast are you running now?
Peterg22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of Buffalo, NY *** NEBF '05, '06, '07 *** ***ONBF & NYBF 06; 07*** ***WCBF 06***
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
singscountry1967 is on a distinguished road
Default

My instructions from Verizon said the USB was recommended, but I wouldn't go through the trouble if you don't have the extra ports. Welcome to the world of DSL....quite the difference huh?
singscountry1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #4
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default

Peter I have no idea but if ya tell me where to look, I'll let ya know. the Dialup had an icon in Start tray but this one doesnt. My computer ate up a 12Mb download in less than a minute. Compared to an hour or more for that size on dialup.
GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #5
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 7,545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hans is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Road Runner Comes To EAST JESUS,PA.......Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxp rules
What a freaking difference after suffering speeds of 18000 to 32000 Kbps for years......
wow even at work where we have a OC-160 that is fast..I only have 7MBPS at my house
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,837
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sqela is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Road Runner Comes To EAST JESUS,PA.......Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxp rules
Friday morning I found out TimeWarnerCable was offering Roadrunner in my area.( they are in NewYork but service my little hamlet south of the border. WooooooooooHoooooooooo!!! I called them up and got Broadband and went down an hour later to get the setup package. Didnt want to wait for technician.

Being 1/4 Irish I woke up Sa.t really green and waited till today to hook up. They gave me two cables...Ethernet and USB but nothing was found as to which is better.
I'm already using my three USB'* so installed with Ethernet cable. Is there any difference in the two??? If USB is better, I'll have to go get a hub to fit in.
I called TWC but got the Hi I'm just hear to make you feel good-Dont know Squat Sunday Girl.......Thanx John

What a freaking difference after suffering speeds of 18000 to 32000 Kbps for years......
go with the ethernet.your better off it goes longer distances and you will get better preformance plus it frees up a usb port from being used
sqela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes Tracy it is sooooooooooooooooo cool and tomorrow after the custom shop I'm gonna go to RadioShack and get a Router so I can roam around the house and garage. Then I can sit on my deck and sip beer and surf That'* a good thing.
GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah definitely use ethernet, usb is such a pain, that is usually only for older computers that don't have ethernet....

oh..and what kinda router you gonna get?
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:59 AM   #9
Administratus Emeritus
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
GXP Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,538
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
GXP Venom is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont know?? whats at radio shack. not alot of choices here. I I'm up for the big city tomorrow maybe circuit city. I like Radio Shack because it'* close and friend owns so it put the bucks in his pocket. anybody know where to check speed on broadband?
GXP Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #10
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montevideo, MN MWBF '05, '06, '07 WCBF '06 '07 survivor
Posts: 3,882
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sonoma_zr2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxp rules
I dont know?? whats at radio shack. not alot of choices here. I I'm up for the big city tomorrow maybe circuit city. I like Radio Shack because it'* close and friend owns so it put the bucks in his pocket. anybody know where to check speed on broadband?
www.dslreports.com

goto tools section on the top
sonoma_zr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Runner cancelled. popatim Lounge 17 04-15-2007 09:31 PM
Sunday Drive with Emmalou in East Jesus, PA GXP Venom Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 13 06-12-2006 04:49 PM
A Walk To The Lake , View Of East Jesus, PA more pics added GXP Venom Lounge 11 04-25-2006 02:03 PM
Runner's CAI project..Part 1..more pictures bonnie94ssei Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 8 04-10-2004 01:29 AM
Car of The Month Runner-Up..Alien's Twin toxictelevision Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 18 02-25-2004 02:19 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.