This really pisses me off. - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default This really pisses me off.

I want to buy some Auto parts on ebay and the cost to ship to the States is $20.00. I asked how much *&H is to Canada and I was just told $85.00. Why do people want to rip Canadians off. Sorry for the rant but I'm just fed up.

By the way the reason I purchased for a US supplier is because the parts we're 50% cheaper.

Thanks for listening.
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnie94ssei is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This really pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymybonneliveforever
I want to buy some Auto parts on ebay and the cost to ship to the States is $20.00. I asked how much *&H is to Canada and I was just told $85.00. Why do people want to rip Canadians off. Sorry for the rant but I'm just fed up.

By the way the reason I purchased for a US supplier is because the parts we're 50% cheaper.

Thanks for listening.
If shipping doesn't in fact come out to be $85 then I would request a refund of the difference. I can't imagine a shipping charge for that much unless you were buying something huge/heavy.
bonnie94ssei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
erics95se is on a distinguished road
Default

Know anyone i nthe states ?
erics95se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This really pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie94ssei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymybonneliveforever
I want to buy some Auto parts on ebay and the cost to ship to the States is $20.00. I asked how much *&H is to Canada and I was just told $85.00. Why do people want to rip Canadians off. Sorry for the rant but I'm just fed up.

By the way the reason I purchased for a US supplier is because the parts we're 50% cheaper.

Thanks for listening.
If shipping doesn't in fact come out to be $85 then I would request a refund of the difference. I can't imagine a shipping charge for that much unless you were buying something huge/heavy.
They won't refund because I just refuse to purchase when the shipping is the same or more than the part.

As for knowing someone in the States........yes I do and have used them on the odd occasion, but I don't want to do so on a regular basis. My problem is that I purchase a lot of Auto parts as well as other stuff from the States and I run into this problem way to many times. The average pricing to ship to Canada is usually 50 % more than to ship to the States.......Not over 400% more.

I just need to rant, and Sorry for the tone.


Frank
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Senior Administrator


Certified Car Nut
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 15,636
Thanked 990 Times in 769 Posts
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Might be easier and cheaper to defect to the US.

Only reason I can think of that the cost to ship across the border is customs BS. I use to drive for Werner Enterprises and I had to take a load into Canada once. I would never do that again. Too much bs to justify the border crossing.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1995
Might be easier and cheaper to defect to the US.

Only reason I can think of that the cost to ship across the border is customs BS. I use to drive for Werner Enterprises and I had to take a load into Canada once. I would never do that again. Too much bs to justify the border crossing.
If it'* done through standard postal service, it'* not much more than to ship within the US. Customs is another charge all together.
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
IO
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IO is on a distinguished road
Default

Sometimes people get shafted on shipping anyway no matter if they are in Canada or the US. I've seen many times where people charge an outragous amount of money for shipping items. It'* how they make up the difference on buy it now items and for low reserve item'*. But I feel your pain. I do however on occassion use my own account for shipping, I just give the shipper my account number or call FedEx and have them pick it up from the shipper, however not everyone will do this, and some will charge a handling fee as well.
IO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Right in front of you
Posts: 7,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSE14U24ME is on a distinguished road
Default

I often have people ask me if I ship to Canada and I always tell them that shipping will cost a little more but I will find out the exact rate and charge that to them.
SSE14U24ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IO
Sometimes people get shafted on shipping anyway no matter if they are in Canada or the US. I've seen many times where people charge an outragous amount of money for shipping items. It'* how they make up the difference on buy it now items and for low reserve item'*. But I feel your pain. I do however on occassion use my own account for shipping, I just give the shipper my account number or call FedEx and have them pick it up from the shipper, however not everyone will do this, and some will charge a handling fee as well.
I think that the $20.00 for shipping to the US is very reasonable, it'* when they decide to charge $85.00 to go abit further.
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maymybonnieliveforevr is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14U24ME
I often have people ask me if I ship to Canada and I always tell them that shipping will cost a little more but I will find out the exact rate and charge that to them.
And I appreciate it when people do that. I was actually expecting something to the effect of $20.00 to the US. and $30.00 to $35.00 to Canada. The part is $60.00.
Maymybonnieliveforevr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
now this pisses me off ! BUBBA Lounge 14 06-01-2007 09:59 PM
My headlights dont turn off EVEN WITH foglights off Hans Everything Electrical & Electronic 19 01-26-2007 09:27 PM
BAD one liners. Bad, really really bad, but still funny. BonnieBrougham Lounge 3 12-16-2004 06:38 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.