Odd Jobs - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #21
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Right in front of you
Posts: 7,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSE14U24ME is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
I wonder if you do any underwriting for the Insurance Broker I work for?

William Gallagher Associates?
No, I'm a captive agent for one of the larger insurance companies
SSE14U24ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #22
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
dbeast420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My reclining computer chair
Posts: 11,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbeast420 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14U24ME
I've had a variety of jobs:

Pepsi Challenge marketer
I worked for a PR firm in Boston that ran the "You got the right one baby, Uh huh" Diet Pepsi Promo years and years ago. We went everywhere giving away free Product.

Quote:
and now been in insurance for the past 8 + years
I wonder if you do any underwriting for the Insurance Broker I work for?

William Gallagher Associates?
Any association with Gallagher Basset??
dbeast420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #23
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 7,030
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lash is on a distinguished road
Default

I once renovated a house where the guy bred and sold exotic birds. About 50 of them loose in the house, including two macaws. You know, the giant green parrots with beaks the size of your hand that they use to crack brazil nuts... I had to do all my work while watching them give me the evil eye. They would crack and break 1-1/4" wooden closet rod perches in one blow.

I kept imagining them doing that to my skull....
lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #24
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melrose
Posts: 4,596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BLACK94SSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeast420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14U24ME
I've had a variety of jobs:

Pepsi Challenge marketer
I worked for a PR firm in Boston that ran the "You got the right one baby, Uh huh" Diet Pepsi Promo years and years ago. We went everywhere giving away free Product.

Quote:
and now been in insurance for the past 8 + years
I wonder if you do any underwriting for the Insurance Broker I work for?

William Gallagher Associates?
Any association with Gallagher Basset??
Nope, but our firm is pretty large and within the top 10 brokers here in Boston.
BLACK94SSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #25
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Quincy, Ma
Posts: 15,341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gumball is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14U24ME
I've had a variety of jobs:

Waitress- didn't last long- don't have the patience
Pepsi Challenge marketer
Cab driver in Chicago
Construction Coordinator- scheduled various trades to complete subdivision
Worked for Demolition company-scheduled demolition
Sold safes for 2 different companies (not simultaneously)
Dispatcher for company that handled gas pumps & parts
Deli at Dominick'* Finer Foods (good union job!)
Pawn Shop sales- got some great bargains on jewelry
and now been in insurance for the past 8 + years

and the question was?

[quote="Gumball"]what was the oddest/ weirdest Job you ever worked at?
and what did you do?


Boy Boosty was right. you guys really do know how to go off topic quick.
Gumball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #26
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
repinS is on a distinguished road
Default

You all have me beat, but I did get to clean up raccoon poop yesterday... I'm a fricking autoparts guy in a Canadian Tire.

Though it was funny, I got a facemask, and when I slapped on a pair of latex gloves, I said to the store manager: "I'm going to have to ask you to bend over."
repinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #27
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Right in front of you
Posts: 7,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSE14U24ME is on a distinguished road
Default

[quote="Gumball"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14U24ME
I've had a variety of jobs:

Waitress- didn't last long- don't have the patience
Pepsi Challenge marketer
Cab driver in Chicago
Construction Coordinator- scheduled various trades to complete subdivision
Worked for Demolition company-scheduled demolition
Sold safes for 2 different companies (not simultaneously)
Dispatcher for company that handled gas pumps & parts
Deli at Dominick'* Finer Foods (good union job!)
Pawn Shop sales- got some great bargains on jewelry
and now been in insurance for the past 8 + years

and the question was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball
what was the oddest/ weirdest Job you ever worked at?
and what did you do?


Boy Boosty was right. you guys really do know how to go off topic quick.
giving the pepsi challenge is unusual and a woman driving a cab is unusual
SSE14U24ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #28
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Quincy, Ma
Posts: 15,341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gumball is on a distinguished road
Default

women drive cabs in my town all the time.
Gumball is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd problem..very odd bonneville2k6 Everything Electrical & Electronic 5 03-22-2006 05:25 PM
And some mechanical jobs arent so fun crzydmnd72 Lounge 6 04-11-2004 04:00 AM
American Jobs???? speedyguy Lounge 23 02-01-2004 05:22 PM
ahh...lets talk paint jobs! drw7162 1992-1999 8 02-27-2003 05:22 PM
Odd. Very odd. willwren Lounge 7 02-23-2003 03:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.