not genuine... - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #11
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Flushing, MI
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Manifest is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995BvSSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
How much more richer can Gates get? Previous window versions have been pirated without any problems and he STILL is like the richest guy in America, so why not let us have our pirated copies and leave us alone? lol

Hope im not pushing it by talking about pirated software
Just because someone is rich does not make it right to steal from them

Why not when he was just starting out he stole from Steve jobs and Apple.......And Apple stole from the xerox designers when they created the gui and the mouse.....so the pc industry is based on Stealing........
Manifest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #12
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1995BvSSE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifest
Why not when he was just starting out he stole from Steve jobs and Apple.......And Apple stole from the xerox designers when they created the gui and the mouse.....so the pc industry is based on Stealing........
At risk of sounding cliche ==> Two "wrongs" don't make a "right"
1995BvSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995BvSSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
How much more richer can Gates get? Previous window versions have been pirated without any problems and he STILL is like the richest guy in America, so why not let us have our pirated copies and leave us alone? lol

Hope im not pushing it by talking about pirated software
Just because someone is rich does not make it right to steal from them

Why not when he was just starting out he stole from Steve jobs and Apple.......And Apple stole from the xerox designers when they created the gui and the mouse.....so the pc industry is based on Stealing........
Actually he just thought very far ahead and it paid off big time....!!!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #14
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom88 is on a distinguished road
Default

why not go legal? Well, it WAS legal until I lost the key to it and microsoft wouldn't let me get a new one even though I had the original disk and box.. I used a keygen so I could atleast USE the legal version I did have. I'm not paying $400 for windows XP again!
Custom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #15
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom88
why not go legal? Well, it WAS legal until I lost the key to it and microsoft wouldn't let me get a new one even though I had the original disk and box.. I used a keygen so I could atleast USE the legal version I did have. I'm not paying $400 for windows XP again!
Wait XP costs $400.00 now?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom88
why not go legal? Well, it WAS legal until I lost the key to it and microsoft wouldn't let me get a new one even though I had the original disk and box.. I used a keygen so I could atleast USE the legal version I did have. I'm not paying $400 for windows XP again!
Wait XP costs $400.00 now?
full verison professional..yes

upgrade home = $99
harofreak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #17
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Gates doesn't want to stop piracy. He'd benefit more if there were pirated copies out there in the hands of those that can't or won't pay. It makes his influence stronger, and boosts future sales by increasing the installed customer base size.
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Delaware & Long Island NY
Posts: 3,239
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harofreak00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom88
why not go legal? Well, it WAS legal until I lost the key to it and microsoft wouldn't let me get a new one even though I had the original disk and box.. I used a keygen so I could atleast USE the legal version I did have. I'm not paying $400 for windows XP again!
Wait XP costs $400.00 now?
full verison professional..yes

upgrade home = $99
I have XP pro OEM this computer here...didnt know its was that high though to buy new.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #19
Senior Member
Posts like a 4 Banger
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Flushing, MI
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Manifest is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Gates doesn't want to stop piracy. He'd benefit more if there were pirated copies out there in the hands of those that can't or won't pay. It makes his influence stronger, and boosts future sales by increasing the installed customer base size.
Exactly..
Manifest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #20
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 981
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Masterbm is on a distinguished road
Default

Windows xp pro upgrade cost $199.99 and new copy cost $299.99 and that is at best buy and at newegg.com it cost 144.99 for oem
Masterbm is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM Genuine Parts Warranty Problem kelp General GM Chat 1 11-12-2012 09:44 AM
Are genuine Delco wires numbered? popatim Lounge 7 10-09-2007 08:23 PM
FOR SALE: Genuine Autographed Monster Energy Drink Hans Lounge 17 02-25-2007 11:12 PM
Genuine SilverStar Turn signal bulbs from Damien driverjohn2005 Lounge 9 08-03-2006 03:29 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.