1993 SLE - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to General Motors. In other words, off-topic stuff. And anything else that does not fit Section Description.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #21
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,993
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JimmyFloyd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Pat...you surre she wants a 96-99 body style. I thought she was partial to the 00+. On your car..if you want an SSEi so bad...why not just buy one instead of making yours a big phoney poser wannabe? (j/k on that last part)

Geoff..sounds two tone..
I know the car he is talking about. And yes, it currently is two-toned...

And I'm with Rob. I got my white car... although another wouldn' be bad.
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #22
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
On your car..if you want an SSEi so bad...why not just buy one instead of making yours a big phoney poser wannabe? (j/k on that last part)
I know your kidding...now let me make a piont to every one....

Bill you could just buy a car with heated seats and a light up Pontiac on the back....why dont you do that huh Bill??? because its cool to have something NOONE else has on there car....Why dont just go buy an SSEi???? because i dont want to go buy something that everybody else has..... i like my car and want to to be different than every other SLE and Bonneville Ever produced....end of story, if i wanna add the SSE/i body cladding so what, if i wanna swap the L67 so what...its my car not yours.....when its all said and done, youll change your mind
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #23
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,993
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JimmyFloyd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 SLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
On your car..if you want an SSEi so bad...why not just buy one instead of making yours a big phoney poser wannabe? (j/k on that last part)
I know your kidding...now let me make a piont to every one....

Bill you could just buy a car with heated seats and a light up Pontiac on the back....why dont you do that huh Bill??? because its cool to have something NOONE else has on there car....Why dont just go buy an SSEi???? because i dont want to go buy something that everybody else has..... i like my car and want to to be different than every other SLE and Bonneville Ever produced....end of story, if i wanna add the SSE/i body cladding so what, if i wanna swap the L67 so what...its my car not yours.....when its all said and done, youll change your mind
I would like to point out that a light up pontiac AND heated seats were not offered on a pontiac. The sunfire got one, and the GP/Bonneville got heated seats. But neither got both. Therefore, he couldn't just go out and buy one.

It is understandable to be different. We all strive for that. And you are doing a good job at making your car unique as an SLE. When you reference swapping the motor, I still find that unique since you keep the essense of the car the same. But i have a disagreement with swapping the body cladding over. While still unique in that you'll retain the SLE cluster, you would have basically made you car like everyone elses SSE/SSEi. I think changing those you would lose the essence of the SLE which you have been creating.

I would have to say that if you get the White SC car, I would keep that as your winter car and keep the SLE as the summer one and leave the body cladding in place on both. Your car looks really clean the way it sits and my personal belief is that you'll lose some of that by swapping.

Again, this is just my opinion, because like you said, in the end it is your car and your choice. Please just take this for what it is, constructive criticism.

And when are we going to see pictures of your gf'* new ride. What year/color/options is it?
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #24
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFloyd

I would like to point out that a light up pontiac AND heated seats were not offered on a pontiac. The sunfire got one, and the GP/Bonneville got heated seats. But neither got both. Therefore, he couldn't just go out and buy one.

It is understandable to be different. We all strive for that. And you are doing a good job at making your car unique as an SLE. When you reference swapping the motor, I still find that unique since you keep the essense of the car the same. But i have a disagreement with swapping the body cladding over. While still unique in that you'll retain the SLE cluster, you would have basically made you car like everyone elses SSE/SSEi. I think changing those you would lose the essence of the SLE which you have been creating.

I would have to say that if you get the White SC car, I would keep that as your winter car and keep the SLE as the summer one and leave the body cladding in place on both. Your car looks really clean the way it sits and my personal belief is that you'll lose some of that by swapping.

Again, this is just my opinion, because like you said, in the end it is your car and your choice. Please just take this for what it is, constructive criticism.

And when are we going to see pictures of your gf'* new ride. What year/color/options is it?
while making reference to the heated seats and the light up pontac I meant that if he wanted that he could have gone and bought it just as he suggested that i get an SSEi....

while you disagree and im trying to make my car an SSE/SSEi by the body cladding and still having the SE cluster i have to disagree with you.....just think about this the 98-99 SLE'* have the SSE/SSEi body cladding and the SE cluster...so its not like id be doing something that is out of ordinary for a SLE.......

the 98-99 SLE is my inspiration to swap the cladding over in the first place.....i like the look of the SSE/SSEi body cladding

and if i get the other White SC car id will only be driven untill the SLE is back in operation....there is a 80% chance that i an NOT getting the white SC car anyway

the GF is looking at a 96 SLE SC...Series 2 SC with 74k Green and Ghetto Gold, Perfect interior tan, All avail options for a SLE including the CCR and ELC
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #25
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,993
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JimmyFloyd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 SLE

while making reference to the heated seats and the light up pontac I meant that if he wanted that he could have gone and bought it just as he suggested that i get an SSEi....

while you disagree and im trying to make my car an SSE/SSEi by the body cladding and still having the SE cluster i have to disagree with you.....just think about this the 98-99 SLE'* have the SSE/SSEi body cladding and the SE cluster...so its not like id be doing something that is out of ordinary for a SLE.......

the 98-99 SLE is my inspiration to swap the cladding over in the first place.....i like the look of the SSE/SSEi body cladding

and if i get the other White SC car id will only be driven untill the SLE is back in operation....there is a 80% chance that i an NOT getting the white SC car anyway

the GF is looking at a 96 SLE SC...Series 2 SC with 74k Green and Ghetto Gold, Perfect interior tan, All avail options for a SLE including the CCR and ELC
What i was referencing is that he couldn't have gone out and got the heated seats and the light up pontiac in another car. The AL7'*, Perf/Norm shift, cladding and L67 were all available on the SSEi and in a cost effective sense, would be cheaper to find in an SSEi.

Now, when making the arguement before, and the discussion in my previous post, it seemed as if you were just making an SSEi out of your car. Now that you have Qualified it and provided your reasoning, I can agree with it more. Although by stating 98-99 SLE as an inspiration, if you SC it, I'll go back to believing you wanted an SSEi to begin with.

The only thing I see is that people will still think it'* an SSE/SSEi who don't know any better. Especially since it states SSE in the front bumper. Come up with a way to make it say SLE, and you'll be the man.

and I'm waiting for pics of the SLE SC. Cause it sounds like it is one of the rarer ones. how many were made in 96?
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #26
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFloyd

What i was referencing is that he couldn't have gone out and got the heated seats and the light up pontiac in another car. The AL7'*, Perf/Norm shift, cladding and L67 were all available on the SSEi and in a cost effective sense, would be cheaper to find in an SSEi.

Now, when making the arguement before, and the discussion in my previous post, it seemed as if you were just making an SSEi out of your car. Now that you have Qualified it and provided your reasoning, I can agree with it more. Although by stating 98-99 SLE as an inspiration, if you SC it, I'll go back to believing you wanted an SSEi to begin with.

The only thing I see is that people will still think it'* an SSE/SSEi who don't know any better. Especially since it states SSE in the front bumper. Come up with a way to make it say SLE, and you'll be the man.

and I'm waiting for pics of the SLE SC. Cause it sounds like it is one of the rarer ones. how many were made in 96?
now i have to agree with you Geoff its easire to buy an SSEi, i like the challenge of adding the stuff....the next item on the list is the HUD, and possibly the ECC...i need to do more research on the ECC system and after that the ELC

i have talked about some options with my dad.....he is not gonna let me swap the engine while the car is my daily driver, he suggested for me to get a S2 and mod it and not even **** around with the L27....now not to say when ive got the SSEi as my daily and do a swap on the SLE....well that is too far down the road to tell......

and for ppl mistaking the car an a SSE/SSEi well i am planning on using the SLE badges on the doors and the issue with the bumper i will use flexible filler to get rid of the SSE...or take the second * and make it an L....its doable with some work

pics of the SLE SC




1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #27
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,993
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JimmyFloyd is on a distinguished road
Default

So I just got back from detroit. That looks great. When is it getting picked up?
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #28
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: August 07 COTM....NEBF '06, CEBF '06 OHMM '06 ONBF '07 CEBF '07
Posts: 4,064
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PRD2BDF is on a distinguished road
Default

Cool Pat, it sounds like a fun project with swapping body cladding. I have my own opinion that I would like to voice. I'm not shooting you down or anything like that okay?

I think it'* cool that you're modding your car heavily to make it unique and different than other Bonnies. However... what if you spent 5-10 grand in a car that may be worth oh so much, and you total it. (This is not a jinx) Then the money spent and the hours spent will never be recovered, sure the car may be repairable but what happen if it'* not. Stripping the Bonnie could be an option but the cost of modding it will not be recovered at all. What I'm trying to say is not to go too crazy about modding the SLE that heavily. I would say just do the body cladding and stop there.

Now that'* my .02. Don't take this personally, I really like your car.

Good luck with your GF'* ride, it look nice...

Fuel
PRD2BDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #29
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Yulee , FL ___ SEBF Survivor
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ChaseSmith is on a distinguished road
Default

That car your GF is looking at is optioned just like my parts car. Only 364 like them in the world, and I succesfully killed off one. I love my SE, and can't wait to drive it with BOOST!
ChaseSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:52 AM   #30
Executed
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
shortstuf212559 is on a distinguished road
Default

hey! you all are talking about my car huh pat?
shortstuf212559 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 1993 SLE (NO WAY 56K) 1993 SLE Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 22 11-21-2004 03:50 PM
My 1993 SLE & 2005 C240 (no 56k) 1993 SLE Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 8 11-19-2004 09:35 PM
K&N Stock Replacement Air Filter - 1993 SLE cashmgr 1992-1999 2 07-04-2004 04:13 AM
Putting a 1993 Park Avenue Ultra trans in my 1994 SLE??? OLBlueEyesBonne Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 03-27-2003 12:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.