New guy from Arizona! - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Introductions for new members New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here. Been around awhile? Tell us about yourself. We at GMF Love to meet new Members! So pull up a chair and have a beverage.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PhyreStorm is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from Arizona!

Hey all I just got myself a 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI about 4 days ago, I had a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix but was stolen about 4-5 months ago so I had to get another car! :(

Anyways, I'm a complete novice when it comes to cars not going to lie but now I look forward to making that my new hobby! I live downtown Central Phoenix.

I've already dug around the forums and I did find 2 common problems so far I have the Intermediate Shaft problem so I'll be getting that fixed soon and also I did notice a hard shift on light accel occasionally but luckily when I got the car it has a 2 year/24,000 warranty on it so I'll have them go fix that, hopefully.

Ok so this message is turning out way longer than expected but I'm interested in a few parts already like basically everything that I saw and read on the THRASHER website like:

Thrasher Intercooler
Thrasher Billet Fuell Rails Kit
Thrasher Cold Air Intake
Thrasher Pulleys


Can anyone explain in laymen terms what the Intercooler, Fuel Rails and Pulleys will do for me?

Thanks guys and sorry for the big *** post haha![/b]
PhyreStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Posts: 1,936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GXP_Vince is on a distinguished road
Default

Another from Arizona Sweet. Welcome to the club.
GXP_Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bonneville92V688 is on a distinguished road
Default

Welcome!

Let me start off by answering your questions a bit.

Thrasher Intercooler
Thrasher Billet Fuell Rails Kit
Thrasher Cold Air Intake
Thrasher Pulleys


You are no where near ready for a intercooler. It won't be for a while until you need one, generally when you drop below a 3.2"? pulley.

The Thrasher cold air intake is known as one of the worst ones you can buy. I personally recommend a INTENSE Fenderwell Intake System. It is used by most everyone looking for a intake, as it works, and is very high quality. Besides, the Thrasher kit is highly overpriced, and is nothing more than a air filter and a cheap plasic box.

If I am not mistaken, you will not need the billet fuel rails until you intercool.

Same with the pulleys, you can get the INTENSE MPS pulley system much cheaper than Thrasher'*.
Bonneville92V688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: _Phoenix, AZ_ _WCBF '05, '06, '07 Survivor_ ____NEBF '07 Remnant___
Posts: 3,448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Echo SSEI is on a distinguished road
Default

Welcome to BC from another Phoenician
Echo SSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PhyreStorm is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks guys! Going to have some fun with this nice ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonneville92V688
Welcome!

Let me start off by answering your questions a bit.

Thrasher Intercooler
Thrasher Billet Fuell Rails Kit
Thrasher Cold Air Intake
Thrasher Pulleys


You are no where near ready for a intercooler. It won't be for a while until you need one, generally when you drop below a 3.2"? pulley.

The Thrasher cold air intake is known as one of the worst ones you can buy. I personally recommend a INTENSE Fenderwell Intake System. It is used by most everyone looking for a intake, as it works, and is very high quality. Besides, the Thrasher kit is highly overpriced, and is nothing more than a air filter and a cheap plasic box.

If I am not mistaken, you will not need the billet fuel rails until you intercool.

Same with the pulleys, you can get the INTENSE MPS pulley system much cheaper than Thrasher'*.
Thanks for the info man, I'm looking to put some serious $$$ in this ride after I get it fixed up a bit. I'll be taking a look at the INTENSE website while at work which I am right now haha and run some things by with everyone here since I have down syndrome when it comes to cars lol.

Any recommended things to start off with for my ride so I can make like a wishlist sort of thing?
PhyreStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: _Phoenix, AZ_ _WCBF '05, '06, '07 Survivor_ ____NEBF '07 Remnant___
Posts: 3,448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Echo SSEI is on a distinguished road
Default

Your wishlist depends on how far you want to take your Bonne. Tune-up is the place to start, then "go faster" goodies can begin. Performance PCM, cold-air intake, smaller pullies, headers, cams, rockers, intercooler can follow. BTW, I sent you a message (click on the "You have "X" new messages" in the upper right corner of the screen )
Echo SSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vital49 is on a distinguished road
Default

For advice about what to start wtih as far as modding goes, start a new topic in Performance and Brainstorming.
vital49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PhyreStorm is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo SSEI
Your wishlist depends on how far you want to take your Bonne. Tune-up is the place to start, then "go faster" goodies can begin. Performance PCM, cold-air intake, smaller pullies, headers, cams, rockers, intercooler can follow. BTW, I sent you a message (click on the "You have "X" new messages" in the upper right corner of the screen )
Yeah definitely have to tune up my ride and get it in good condition before putting in some mods and sent ya a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital49
For advice about what to start wtih as far as modding goes, start a new topic in Performance and Brainstorming.
Sounds good I'll get to that.
PhyreStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from arizona Sickbass666 Introductions for new members 4 07-22-2013 06:10 PM
New member from Arizona Logic 21509 Introductions for new members 4 04-10-2008 12:00 PM
I am having a concert in Arizona...say hi if you can! Mr Bean Lounge 3 09-23-2005 01:35 PM
Arizona Owners - Want to meet in Scottsdale on Saturday? Mr. Speedy General GM Chat 2 02-08-2005 02:04 AM
ATTN ARIZONA BONNY OWNERS !!!!!!! boseman350 General GM Chat 15 07-11-2002 12:32 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.