95' Park Ave Ultra-anyone w/racing experience? - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat

Introductions for new members New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here. Been around awhile? Tell us about yourself. We at GMF Love to meet new Members! So pull up a chair and have a beverage.

95' Park Ave Ultra-anyone w/racing experience?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 03-03-2005, 12:45 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Grand Forks
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SUPERVAN is on a distinguished road
Default 95' Park Ave Ultra-anyone w/racing experience?

Hello, a month ago I bought a 95 Park Ave Ultra. I love everything about this car except the mileage in town. Oh well, for heated leather seats I guess you got to make sacrafices. I was wondering if any of you could tell me what my stock Buick might be able to pull off at the track. I had an argument with my roomate who doesn't think I could even get into the 15'* with it. I have an old style g-tech and have gotten it to read in the low 15'*. GRANTED, I know that isn't correct but It'* never been all that far off either when I've raced at the track. Maybe someone could give me some personal numbers? Also, I've been looking at the 2.5" UD pully from pully boys. What would this my increase (roughly) my hp and boost levels too(without other mods)? I'm under the impression that they run 7 to 8 psi stock, so correct me if I'm wrong. Also, what are some easy cheap mods to do to this motor to get a little more out of it. All the 3.8 */C parts seem to be specificaly for GP'* or Bonnies. What would work with mine? Sorry to be so long winded with my first post. Thanks.

P. *. Maybe you guys can appreciate my "other" vehical : http://www.whatthehellwasthat.50megs.com/index.html Its not finished or even fully edited yet but I plan on doing some updating soon.
SUPERVAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:49 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glasuan is on a distinguished road
Default

With the supercharged model, you would definetely be in the 15'*. Where (high or low), that i do not know. The pulley should be done, after intake and exhaust mods. As well as the #1 first mod of a 180* thermostat. With the pulley, intake and exhaust (hi-flow cat, and muffler), you should definitely be in the low 15'* if not high 14'*.
Glasuan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:24 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Holt, MI & Lima, OH
Posts: 3,022
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbtk2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, being a Park Avenue (obviously not a light car) and a Series I, I'm not so sure it would be in the 15'*, but it might be close. With an intake, pulley, t-stat, plugs, chip, stuff like that, it would get there pretty consistantly, but I wouldn't count on it stock. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just think its unlikely.

Shawn
dbtk2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:36 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
dbeast420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My reclining computer chair
Posts: 11,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbeast420 is on a distinguished road
Default

http://www.whatthehellwasthat.50megs.com/index.html


.......

That'* cool!!!!!!!

Welcome to the club!!!!!!
dbeast420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:34 PM
  #6  
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by dbeast420
http://www.whatthehellwasthat.50megs.com/index.html


.......

That'* cool!!!!!!!

Welcome to the club!!!!!!
x2!
harofreak00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Holt, MI & Lima, OH
Posts: 3,022
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dbtk2 is on a distinguished road
Default

That is definatley cool. Check out this site. I saw this a few years ago, and its still awesome. I don't think he'* raced it since like 01 though.

http://www.turbovan.net/van.html , this one runs 12.6'* without nitrous!!!

Shawn
dbtk2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Grand Forks
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SUPERVAN is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by dbtk2
That is definatley cool. Check out this site. I saw this a few years ago, and its still awesome. I don't think he'* raced it since like 01 though.

http://www.turbovan.net/van.html , this one runs 12.6'* without nitrous!!!

Shawn
Paul Smith (the driver/owner) of the 12.6 mini van is well known at another form I frequent. He hasn't driven it as he has sort of lost interest. There is actually someone here not too long ago beat Pauls Turbo Mini record by about .05, there is also rumor of a guy in Canada who built a Minivan this winter that should be running in the mid 11'*, but again that is unconfirmed.
SUPERVAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:25 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sauk Centre, MN
Posts: 5,459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OLBlueEyesBonne is on a distinguished road
Default

Welcome!!

Wasn't that Bryan Lugert who beat Paul'* time? He only lives like 70 miles from me. I haven't seen the van since it was a 15 second rig -I have to get to another MNSDAC meet and see that thing.
My bet is you are in the mid 15'*. My mom has a 1993 Park Ultra and my dad has handed my 1998 SSE (15.948 @ 87.52) my a$$ in a handbasket more than once. Mom'* car is also less powerful than your 1995, being the 1992/1993 L67 SSEi/Park Ultra/Touring Sedan'* only had 205 hp and 260 lb ft. My moms car has a cheap CAI, Autolite 605 plugs (.055"), Belden Premium 8mm wires, and removed MAF screen, so it maybe is pushing around 215 hp and 265-270 lb ft. Very nice riding car, and very swift too.
Does your Park Ultra have the Gran Touring Suspenion with 16" rims or Dynaride with 15"?
By chance are you a member of the MNSDAC? I'm not but I've atteneded a meeting and have had ties to the SDML, and MN/WI SD crowd since the late 90'*. I have a 1988 Lebaron at the moment (awaiting motor ..STILL). Best E/T to date is a 12.9 @ 108(? -been awhile since I looked at the slip -heck I haven't even seen it in over a year).
Oh, yeah, and it'* a Turbo GTC Conv TII+ 5-spd.

- Martin
OLBlueEyesBonne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:46 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Grand Forks
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SUPERVAN is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by OLBlueEyesBonne
Welcome!!

Wasn't that Bryan Lugert who beat Paul'* time? He only lives like 70 miles from me. I haven't seen the van since it was a 15 second rig -I have to get to another MNSDAC meet and see that thing.
My bet is you are in the mid 15'*. My mom has a 1993 Park Ultra and my dad has handed my 1998 SSE (15.948 @ 87.52) my a$$ in a handbasket more than once. Mom'* car is also less powerful than your 1995, being the 1992/1993 L67 SSEi/Park Ultra/Touring Sedan'* only had 205 hp and 260 lb ft. My moms car has a cheap CAI, Autolite 605 plugs (.055"), Belden Premium 8mm wires, and removed MAF screen, so it maybe is pushing around 215 hp and 265-270 lb ft. Very nice riding car, and very swift too.
Does your Park Ultra have the Gran Touring Suspenion with 16" rims or Dynaride with 15"?
By chance are you a member of the MNSDAC? I'm not but I've atteneded a meeting and have had ties to the SDML, and MN/WI SD crowd since the late 90'*. I have a 1988 Lebaron at the moment (awaiting motor ..STILL). Best E/T to date is a 12.9 @ 108(? -been awhile since I looked at the slip -heck I haven't even seen it in over a year).
Oh, yeah, and it'* a Turbo GTC Conv TII+ 5-spd.

- Martin
Hi Martin, I believe you are right about Bryan Lugert breaking the record I can only remember him by his sign name "Umbass" but the name does sound very familiar. No, I am not part of the MNSDAC even though I thought it would be alot of fun. For some odd reason though I almost feel like I needed a running TD to be in the group, And being a fellow Turbo Dodge owner I'm sure you know how hard that is!!! Really, I've just never had the time but I plan on taking the van to a few shows this year and maybe to BIR. I should AT LEAST be in the low 14'* w/o nitrous but I'm hoping for 13'* on street tires w/o n2o, but well see. I only put 3500 bux into is this winter.
SUPERVAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
driverjohn2005
Forced Induction
6
12-29-2006 08:56 AM
rotyp
Buick
2
11-18-2006 07:01 PM
rotyp
Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos
14
09-18-2006 03:08 PM
rotyp
1992-1999
1
09-13-2006 12:00 PM
karfreek
Buick
0
08-16-2004 09:55 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95' Park Ave Ultra-anyone w/racing experience?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.