Wheel Preference (93-94 SSE) - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

View Poll Results: 1993-1994 Wheel Preference
Silver Crosslace 1 50.00%
Silver Painted Torqestar 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #21
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Salina, KS
Posts: 5,246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TrueWildMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Not a big fan of the crosslaces. I like the stars. Can see the calipers and rotors...
TrueWildMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:38 PM   #22
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NE Michigan
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Berlinetta92 is on a distinguished road
Default

Do the torquestar wheels have a dull finish to them? It seems that the toquestars would look sportier in motion, but I haven't seen any latley.
Berlinetta92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:34 PM   #23
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

the Torque Stars were made in white (1995 only) and in a painted Alum. and a chrome finish
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #24
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sauk Centre, MN
Posts: 5,458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OLBlueEyesBonne is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLBlueEyesBonne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral
Gold crosslace any day. Id be willing to give someone my silver crosslace + $100 for a set of gold crosslace. Mmmmmmmm, crimson red on gold Mmmmmm
Hmm. So when do you want to meet up for the swap? I think your SSEi would look awesome with the gold compared to the grey, although you had the machined finsh crosslaces then it'd be close.

I still haven't gotten around to the PO to ship the fob, but hopefully I can in the next day or so.
BTW, Are you sure this is going to work or didn't you have to change the reciever?
Hmm, Yes I also do beleive my bonneville would look awesome with gold wheels, interested in trading those too? Anyways they sell key fobs for 96-99 bonnevilles on ebay so I imagine they should work no problem
Yup, swapping wheels (and fob) is what I meant. I will say though, that my crosslaces need new rubber, so if you are needing tires we'd be even. Actually, I have 4 totally different tires, and 2 of them have about 35% tread, the 3rd has about 60% and the 4th has a Michelin Pilot Sport XGT Z4 with about 80% tread.
Anyhow, I can find some good used tires if yours are any better than these, and then we could meet up.
Let me know (PM or e-mail).
TTYL,
Martin
OLBlueEyesBonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:21 AM   #25
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 419
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spiral is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLBlueEyesBonne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLBlueEyesBonne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral
Gold crosslace any day. Id be willing to give someone my silver crosslace + $100 for a set of gold crosslace. Mmmmmmmm, crimson red on gold Mmmmmm
Hmm. So when do you want to meet up for the swap? I think your SSEi would look awesome with the gold compared to the grey, although you had the machined finsh crosslaces then it'd be close.

I still haven't gotten around to the PO to ship the fob, but hopefully I can in the next day or so.
BTW, Are you sure this is going to work or didn't you have to change the reciever?
Hmm, Yes I also do beleive my bonneville would look awesome with gold wheels, interested in trading those too? Anyways they sell key fobs for 96-99 bonnevilles on ebay so I imagine they should work no problem
Yup, swapping wheels (and fob) is what I meant. I will say though, that my crosslaces need new rubber, so if you are needing tires we'd be even. Actually, I have 4 totally different tires, and 2 of them have about 35% tread, the 3rd has about 60% and the 4th has a Michelin Pilot Sport XGT Z4 with about 80% tread.
Anyhow, I can find some good used tires if yours are any better than these, and then we could meet up.
Let me know (PM or e-mail).
TTYL,
Martin
Alright, yea we should meet up sometime. My tires are about at 4-6/32 so not too bad but will need to be replaced within a year I bet, they are all BF Goodrich tires they are quite dirty and need to be cleaned, the center caps are missing so if you have center caps you can keep them. here are some pictures http://xbins.org/~spiral/cars/bonneville.htm they have cleaned up since then...
Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:01 AM   #26
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 1,107
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
scottydl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWildMan
Not a big fan of the crosslaces. I like the stars. Can see the calipers and rotors...
I agree 100%. Of course I am extremely biased FOR chrome torque stars, but regarding early 90'* Bonnys (i.e. the original question) I'd have to go with spokes over crosslace.
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:49 PM   #27
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NE Michigan
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Berlinetta92 is on a distinguished road
Default

The finish on the torquestar wheels ('94-'95) seems rather dull to me, at least in pics, and the Crosslace (Silver) seem to have a more expensive look, but the torquestars seem like they'd be sportier on the road. ???
Berlinetta92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:26 AM   #28
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 1,107
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
scottydl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlinetta92
The finish on the torquestar wheels ('94-'95) seems rather dull to me, at least in pics, and the Crosslace (Silver) seem to have a more expensive look, but the torquestars seem like they'd be sportier on the road. ???
I think you are confused on the 3 different torque star finishes that were available in different years (mentioned above, but here'* a recap):

(1) Plain aluminum alloy (gray color, maybe "dull" as you've described?)
(2) White
(3) Polished aluminum (chrome, like mirrors when cleaned properly)


Here is an example of the polished aluminum torque stars, originally on my '98 Bonneville SLE (and now on my '99 Aurora):
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:15 AM   #29
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brunswick, Georgia, USA, North American Continent, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 1,534
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Krazy Kyle is on a distinguished road
Default

What about the blade alloys? My car has 'em, I like 'em almost more than either of the ones everybody'* gushing about! Of course, I'm probably biased also ;p
Krazy Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any experience or preference? spidey3479 Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 1 10-30-2007 04:55 PM
Steering wheel preference? Smoof General GM Chat 12 08-22-2005 09:56 PM
Music Preference Hans Lounge 22 08-09-2005 04:04 AM
tool preference kazuki Lounge 15 01-26-2004 01:13 AM
music preference kazuki Lounge 33 01-18-2004 01:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.