members burning members - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #31
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Right in front of you
Posts: 7,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSE14U24ME is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Vig, I'd like to point out a thing or two here.

DJ advertised the car per his description. You saw the car when you went to pay him and take posession. Didn't you inspect the condition of the car first?

Did you take it for a test-drive to see if the brakes worked and the OD locked up? You did have the option of backing out of the deal after a lookover and test drive.

A quick look at the car would have revealed the rust.
Testing the Stereo would have revealed it'* condition.
Driving would have shown the TC lockup issue.
Inspecting all the fluids before buying would have shown the brake problem.

It'* your responsibility as the buyer to insure you're getting what was advertised. I'm not being mean, and I feel for you being in your current situation, but unless I'm wrong about something, you had ample opportunity to see that your money was well-spent.
I have to agree with Bill on this. I had a transaction with someone here and they weren't satisfied so I returned the money when I got the item back. No problem. I do business fairly and honestly. I do business on Ebay also and have an excellent rating there. I want anyone that buys something from me to feel confident. There needs to be trust built up here and know who you are dealing with. I've bought things from members here and I've never been screwed over but my son has. Bill knows about that situation. Any time you buy something from a person you have to be careful. Buyer Beware. When I buy a car I play with all the buttons, drive it, check the brakes, fluids, inspect the engine bay for possible problems.
SSE14U24ME is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #32
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 2,246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Logan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigCS
Only if it'* supercharged Logan
...you dont have to rub it in...jebus...stop the oppression.
Logan is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #33
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reutlingen, Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany
Posts: 1,935
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Guys guys guys.

A rating system would be nice, but it would never work. The only person that sells and trades on here REGULARLY is Boosty, and we all know he has a problem.

We are dealing with cars here, not golf clubs and $100 items. Most members won't even advertise ONE car on here, let alone several.

*Maybe disregard here...you want supercharged don't you?
VigCS...if your going to be interested in another bonneville next fall lemme know I will show you every little thing that is wrong...(If I am willing to show you the little things, you should have more faith in me) That is if you are willing to make a road trip to MI for it.
I still support that it would help, I never claimed it as an overarching solution. I suppose that it would mostly help with people buying and selling parts as opposed to whole cars.

Unfortunately, when making a purchase as large as a car, the onus is really on the buyer to check things over 110%. I read VigCS (and not to bash on you, I am sympathetic to your situation) post "I got up there, saw the car, and thought to myself 'this thing isn't NEARLY in the condition he said it was in'...but I took the car anyway, I didn't want to drive 7 hours for nothing, " in his other thread, which is completely the wrong attitude. I think that one must always assume something is wrong with the car, check it out like there is something waiting to surprise you, and then if it checks out, you're all the better...
Ryan is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #34
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Home Sweet Home in New York
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mortehl is on a distinguished road
Default

Seller rating is irrelevant.

I think its a safe bet DJ SHO will not be logging into his account again any time soon to talk to us or sell anything else.

Lesson to be learned here is to have someone nearby inspect a vehicle for you if you're a far distance away before you travel out to buy it. Then you reduce the risk of buying a car just because you travelled a long distance and want something to show for it.


Haro, I know why you started this thread, it was for all the right reasons, but at this point all I see this doing is making VigCS feel worse about this whole experience. Maybe we should request a lock and let it go?
Mortehl is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mista_sse is on a distinguished road
Default

Mortehl Wrote

Quote:
Haro, I know why you started this thread, it was for all the right reasons, but at this point all I see this doing is making VigCS feel worse about this whole experience. Maybe we should request a lock and let it go?

Let it go, indeed........ if anything this should be a "Sticky" to remind folks here that everybody isn't what they seem to be.

Either way way a lesson learned, I just wondering why people are always trying to get over........... but When someone comes along, well; I can see both sides of this story, I must admit I'm not feeling anyway towards this situation.

Take the "L" but try to make up for what you lost with parts. Which might be worth something......
mista_sse is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #36
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VigCS is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm all for leaving it open, morty. I just wish people would stop telling me what I should have done, becuase I know. When people criticize and make my already known mistakes more known is what makes me feel worse.
VigCS is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #37
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DJ SHO is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Vig, I'd like to point out a thing or two here.

DJ advertised the car per his description. You saw the car when you went to pay him and take posession. Didn't you inspect the condition of the car first?

Did you take it for a test-drive to see if the brakes worked and the OD locked up? You did have the option of backing out of the deal after a lookover and test drive.

A quick look at the car would have revealed the rust.
Testing the Stereo would have revealed it'* condition.
Driving would have shown the TC lockup issue.
Inspecting all the fluids before buying would have shown the brake problem.

It'* your responsibility as the buyer to insure you're getting what was advertised. I'm not being mean, and I feel for you being in your current situation, but unless I'm wrong about something, you had ample opportunity to see that your money was well-spent.
Quote:
A quick look at the car would have revealed the rust.
Buyer walked around vehicle a couple times, did not mention to me that the rust was any worse than shown in the pictures. In fact, the buyer immediately got out of his car, walked up to me and said "well I've your money right here" without even discussing the vehicle. After title and cash was exchanged I proceded to tell the buyer about the stereo, mods, past maintenance, remote starter, etc. All I got was head nods and "ok" as responses.

Quote:
Testing the Stereo would have revealed it'* condition.
The stereo is not trashed for one. Two, the buyer never even turned it on the entire time he sat in the vehicle while explained the car to him. Must not have cared too much but now after the fact, it appears "trashed".

Quote:
Driving would have shown the TC lockup issue.
Buyer did not ask or seem to even care to test drive the vehicle. The entire process basically consisted of him offering his cash right up front, I signed the title, he mounted a license plate on the car that came off of his friend'* Bonne (completely illegal), he starts the vehicle up, I walk him over to the engine bay (hood is up now), inspected disconnected EGR valve plug, and buyer did not care to look at anything else - just seemed very anxious to leave.

Quote:
Inspecting all the fluids before buying would have shown the brake problem.
Again, buyer did not care to inspect anything else under the hood. And as I stated in the abrubt phone call with him later that evening, I was unaware of the brake problem. I clearly pointed out through the ad and over the phone, and even in person at time of pickup, every mechanical concern that I knew of. As I told the buyer, I hadn't driven the car in over a month and at the time I knew of all problems the car had. IF I had known it a had a brake problem, don't you think I would have explained it as well as the other ones I stated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortehl
I think its a safe bet DJ SHO will not be logging into his account again any time soon to talk to us or sell anything else.
You are probably right only because I do not own a Bonneville anymore, nor any parts to one. But it is not because of the people here. Since you like to go digging back into people'* posts from the past, maybe you'd see the one where I discussed how nice this forum and the people are. But no, you choose to go point fingers at people when you have absolutely nothing to do with the situation. But now that I think about it, something like that would not make me want to come back and shoot the breeze with people. This forum has been a great community to be a part of, that I can say.
DJ SHO is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #38
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 1,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VigCS is on a distinguished road
Default

whatever, live and learn I guess. going to try to make my money back by parting it out.
VigCS is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #39
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ SHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Vig, I'd like to point out a thing or two here.

DJ advertised the car per his description. You saw the car when you went to pay him and take posession. Didn't you inspect the condition of the car first?

Did you take it for a test-drive to see if the brakes worked and the OD locked up? You did have the option of backing out of the deal after a lookover and test drive.

A quick look at the car would have revealed the rust.
Testing the Stereo would have revealed it'* condition.
Driving would have shown the TC lockup issue.
Inspecting all the fluids before buying would have shown the brake problem.

It'* your responsibility as the buyer to insure you're getting what was advertised. I'm not being mean, and I feel for you being in your current situation, but unless I'm wrong about something, you had ample opportunity to see that your money was well-spent.
Quote:
A quick look at the car would have revealed the rust.
Buyer walked around vehicle a couple times, did not mention to me that the rust was any worse than shown in the pictures. In fact, the buyer immediately got out of his car, walked up to me and said "well I've your money right here" without even discussing the vehicle. After title and cash was exchanged I proceded to tell the buyer about the stereo, mods, past maintenance, remote starter, etc. All I got was head nods and "ok" as responses.

Quote:
Testing the Stereo would have revealed it'* condition.
The stereo is not trashed for one. Two, the buyer never even turned it on the entire time he sat in the vehicle while explained the car to him. Must not have cared too much but now after the fact, it appears "trashed".

Quote:
Driving would have shown the TC lockup issue.
Buyer did not ask or seem to even care to test drive the vehicle. The entire process basically consisted of him offering his cash right up front, I signed the title, he mounted a license plate on the car that came off of his friend'* Bonne (completely illegal), he starts the vehicle up, I walk him over to the engine bay (hood is up now), inspected disconnected EGR valve plug, and buyer did not care to look at anything else - just seemed very anxious to leave.

Quote:
Inspecting all the fluids before buying would have shown the brake problem.
Again, buyer did not care to inspect anything else under the hood. And as I stated in the abrubt phone call with him later that evening, I was unaware of the brake problem. I clearly pointed out through the ad and over the phone, and even in person at time of pickup, every mechanical concern that I knew of. As I told the buyer, I hadn't driven the car in over a month and at the time I knew of all problems the car had. IF I had known it a had a brake problem, don't you think I would have explained it as well as the other ones I stated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortehl
I think its a safe bet DJ SHO will not be logging into his account again any time soon to talk to us or sell anything else.
You are probably right only because I do not own a Bonneville anymore, nor any parts to one. But it is not because of the people here. Since you like to go digging back into people'* posts from the past, maybe you'd see the one where I discussed how nice this forum and the people are. But no, you choose to go point fingers at people when you have absolutely nothing to do with the situation. But now that I think about it, something like that would not make me want to come back and shoot the breeze with people. This forum has been a great community to be a part of, that I can say.
blah blah blah, yes, he should have inspected better, but I see you as a liar and theif for not telling him about the problems stated. Rust and TC problems, and you fail to tell him. I have no respect for you for doing that. That is a horrible thing to do.
Lowrider0308 is offline  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #40
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

all have stated their opinions....lets not get this one out of hand folks...
1993 SLE is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
members helping members brianj Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 1 07-14-2007 01:16 AM
active members vs. total members macho_mike21 Forum updates and suggestions 2 07-03-2005 09:50 PM
NE members givin MN members a run randman1 Lounge 36 05-13-2005 10:42 PM
Help me!! We are burning up! A/C Problem pollywolly101 1992-1999 6 07-24-2004 08:54 PM
Burning MP3's onto CD... rhalford15 Lounge 8 05-24-2004 04:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.