How do I know if I have an SLE or an SE? - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
DINOSAURUS BOOSTUS

Expert Gearhead
 
BillBoost37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 41,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

It'* an option thing. You have better options and more of them. If you want to really know the whole thing, wait for 1993 SLE to see your post. He'll hook you up
BillBoost37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
banned3800 is on a distinguished road
Default

You have a Bonneville SE with the Sport Luxury Edition Package added to it... Making it an SLE Bonneville..

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
banned3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #13
DINOSAURUS BOOSTUS

Expert Gearhead
 
BillBoost37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 41,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
You have a Bonneville SE with the Sport Luxury Edition Package added to it... Making it an SLE Bonneville..
Oh boy..everytime you say that..you get Pat riled up.

You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
BillBoost37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #14
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
banned3800 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
You have a Bonneville SE with the Sport Luxury Edition Package added to it... Making it an SLE Bonneville..
Oh boy..everytime you say that..you get Pat riled up.

You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
Exactly...

And a question for both Pat and 19bonnie95,

Do both of your cars have Option 1SD?

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
banned3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vital49 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
Or unless it'* a 2000+.
vital49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
banned3800 is on a distinguished road
Default

[quote="vital49"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
Or unless it'* a 2000+.
Um... I didn't write that

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
banned3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vital49 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
Or unless it'* a 2000+.
Um... I didn't write that
Fixed!
vital49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #18
DINOSAURUS BOOSTUS

Expert Gearhead
 
BillBoost37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 41,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of lightBillBoost37 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

[quote="jr's3800"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vital49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
Or unless it'* a 2000+.
Um... I didn't write that
No...I did!!! meant to put the 00+ on there. Darn it.
BillBoost37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #19
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1993 SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
You have a Bonneville SE with the Sport Luxury Edition Package added to it... Making it an SLE Bonneville..
Oh boy..everytime you say that..you get Pat riled up.

You'll never see one badged though. Unless it'* frontin..I mean unless it was properly badged after the fact by the current owner.
Exactly...

And a question for both Pat and 19bonnie95,

Do both of your cars have Option 1SD?
I have the H4U 1SD, my car is fully has every option that the SLE package was avaliable with except the Moonroof.....

FYI a good way to tell if your car is an SLE in the 94 and later cars the SLE WILL have the ECC, and the SE does not, that was part of the package for the SLE
1993 SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #20
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
banned3800 is on a distinguished road
Default

Not totally true... My cousin has the H4U SLE bonneville, 95 Model and it doesn't have the ECC... ECC was an option and not part of the H4U or 1SD package

Correction... I believe that the ECC was standard on the 1996 SE bonneville with the 1SC package and the H4U( SLE ) equipped 1SD package, I believe that 97 and later are the same

This was not standard on the 93-95 SE or SLE Bonneville, but an option

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
banned3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will a 95 SLE exhaust manifold fit on my 99 SLE? radomirthegreat General GM Chat 6 03-28-2008 01:10 AM
I know off topic, but don't know where else to post... Cyric78 Lounge 9 01-17-2006 08:14 AM
I know what a SE and a SLE and a SSEi is, but what is a SSE? nick s General GM Chat 13 06-09-2005 12:07 PM
2003 SLE Exhaust - On A 1999 SLE? toxictelevision Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 3 02-23-2003 07:41 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.