change of plugs - Page 2 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montevideo, MN MWBF '05, '06, '07 WCBF '06 '07 survivor
Posts: 3,882
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sonoma_zr2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftd90
Quote:
Originally Posted by harofreak00
i can do plug and wires on my car for under $50

$40 for the Beldin lifetime warranty wires
$6 for Autolite copper plugs
$6 dollars for 6 plugs? or $6x6?
for us sc'* $1 per plug, for you, about $7- $10 per plug . although yours will last alot longer than ours.
sonoma_zr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whitewater, Wisconsin
Posts: 319
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nicklikesmilk is on a distinguished road
Default

the autolite coppers were that much for my n/a. Many members here run NGK brand TR55 spark plugs, since they seem to be a good spark plug at a good price
nicklikesmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portage, Michigan
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
leftd90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoma_zr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftd90
Quote:
Originally Posted by harofreak00
i can do plug and wires on my car for under $50

$40 for the Beldin lifetime warranty wires
$6 for Autolite copper plugs
$6 dollars for 6 plugs? or $6x6?
for us sc'* $1 per plug, for you, about $7- $10 per plug . although yours will last alot longer than ours.
Oh ok that makes sense now...
leftd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #14
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,089
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95SLE is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoma_zr2
FOCUS MAN, but those gaps look like the Grand Canyon
LOL I was gonna say 1/2 inch gap.
95SLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Lake, MI
Posts: 221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slug is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftd90
but the priceless part is removing the rear plugs
Yeah, wire boots get really sticky after a while.

Thanks for the info. By the way, I have the same problem taking closeups of plugs. If you're using a digital camera, there may be a close-up mode in the menu somewhere. Otherwise, get the strongest pair of reading glasses you can find at the dollar store and tape one or two of the lenses over the camera lens for close shots.

Your mpg is impressive. In my experience, I could only get that with a hard compound tire like Michelins. What kind of tires are you running? (sorry about drifting to a new thread )
Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portage, Michigan
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
leftd90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftd90
but the priceless part is removing the rear plugs
Yeah, wire boots get really sticky after a while.

Thanks for the info. By the way, I have the same problem taking closeups of plugs. If you're using a digital camera, there may be a close-up mode in the menu somewhere. Otherwise, get the strongest pair of reading glasses you can find at the dollar store and tape one or two of the lenses over the camera lens for close shots.

Your mpg is impressive. In my experience, I could only get that with a hard compound tire like Michelins. What kind of tires are you running? (sorry about drifting to a new thread )
just some RSA'*
leftd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #17
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dillcc is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftd90
i used the Irodium ac delco plugs and some bosch wires...
I know Bosch plugs SUCK for our cars, but I'm not sure about the wires.
dillcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #18
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Portage, Michigan
Posts: 1,134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
leftd90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillcc
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftd90
i used the Irodium ac delco plugs and some bosch wires...
I know Bosch plugs SUCK for our cars, but I'm not sure about the wires.
Yeah if i was in kalamazoo, i would have gotten something at the Napa store. but i was back home where we only have a autozone near by and my parents gave me money. So i just went to the autozone which only carried Bosch and duralast. and i wasnt going to buy 17 dollar duralast wires....
leftd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:17 AM   #19
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Lake, MI
Posts: 221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slug is on a distinguished road
Default

Other than their plugs, Bosch doesn't generally seem to have a reputation for poor products (in my experience). My old BMW motorcycle is loaded with Bosch stuff, and I believe that'* one of the reasons it'* so reliable and long-lived. Anybody have experience with their newer and/or automotive products?

I don't know what it is about their spark plugs, but I heard not to use them long before I joined the BC. So I don't.
Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #20
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whitewater, Wisconsin
Posts: 319
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nicklikesmilk is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug
Other than their plugs, Bosch doesn't generally seem to have a reputation for poor products (in my experience). My old BMW motorcycle is loaded with Bosch stuff, and I believe that'* one of the reasons it'* so reliable and long-lived. Anybody have experience with their newer and/or automotive products?

I don't know what it is about their spark plugs, but I heard not to use them long before I joined the BC. So I don't.
around here, most of their products seem bad. i was told not to get a bosch O2 sensor because they apparently fail more than other brands.

and there'* a read in techinfo about why bosch sparkplugs are bad in our cars. the company acknowledges that they have a problem
nicklikesmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tilting eng to change rear plugs vendo 2000-2005 7 06-11-2014 09:45 AM
Easiest way to change back spark plugs for 94 SE bernout70 1992-1999 19 05-08-2013 06:47 AM
Change Your Plugs!! dillcc General GM Chat 20 01-28-2007 11:07 PM
When is it time to change plugs and wires? MACDRIVE General GM Chat 4 11-21-2006 09:39 PM
which AC Delco spark plugs? 96_Caprice 1992-1999 8 09-23-2002 11:50 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.