1993 Paint RPO question - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


General GM Chat When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made. Chat about all things GM (and related cars). Off-topic stuff should be in the Lounge, and all Model specific mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default 1993 Paint RPO question

I am trying to find out what paint color/number I have, because I want to buy one of those little touch up bottles of paint. I have my RPO codes written down, but I dont understand what is what in the techinfo article. This is what I know.

base/clear coat enamal- u97789 79c

is this the right place to check for the paint? I found that is could be silver mist, because it has the (97) behind it in techinfo, which is in my paint code. Is silver mist (97) the right color?
Thanks,
Andrew
Lowrider0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peterg22000 is on a distinguished road
Default

try this old thread of mine It should help
http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/...ght=paint+code
Peterg22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg22000
try this old thread of mine It should help
http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/...ght=paint+code
no luck...ummm...help anybody? do i have a rare car?
Lowrider0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peterg22000 is on a distinguished road
Default

look in your trunk at the sticker (shown in pic in the thread i linked to you) and look at your paint code again. Because the number that you have writen isnt even a paint code (to many digits) it should say WA-_ _ _ _ (only 4 digits) eather 4 numbers or 3 numbers and 1 letter.

Or if you have a digital camera, run out to your car take a pic of the rpo sticker, run back in download it, show use all, and ill tell you what your code is
Peterg22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #5
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg22000
look in your trunk at the sticker (shown in pic in the thread i linked to you) and look at your paint code again. Because the number that you have writen isnt even a paint code (to many digits) it should say WA-_ _ _ _ (only 4 digits) eather 4 numbers or 3 numbers and 1 letter.

Or if you have a digital camera, run out to your car take a pic of the rpo sticker, run back in download it, show use all, and ill tell you what your code is
it will be in the morning....but their isnt a silver/gray color listed for 92-99?
Lowrider0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peterg22000 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider0308
it will be in the morning....but their isnt a silver/gray color listed for 92-99?
I see two for shure in the list i provided there maybe mor ethat dont has the word "silver" in the color name...

301D___17___Silver Mist Met _________________97-99
519F___12___Galaxy Silver / Sterling Silver_______99-06

I realize that these too colors are for cars newer then your, I m just showing you there are some listed for the years you stated

Also if you find you car has a color not list make sure you tell me because i want to make sure that list is 100% accurate
Peterg22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:26 AM   #7
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg22000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider0308
it will be in the morning....but their isnt a silver/gray color listed for 92-99?
I see two for shure in the list i provided there maybe mor ethat dont has the word "silver" in the color name...

301D___17___Silver Mist Met _________________97-99
519F___12___Galaxy Silver / Sterling Silver_______99-06

I realize that these too colors are for cars newer then your, I m just showing you there are some listed for the years you stated

Also if you find you car has a color not list make sure you tell me because i want to make sure that list is 100% accurate
my car is a 93 lol...i dont care about anything but 92-93 colors
Lowrider0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:37 AM   #8
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Pontiac Bonneville WA9789 , 14 45729,85751 Exterior Lt Gray Met 93 - 95
This appears to be the only gray for 93. But VERIFY code WA9789 on your RPO label first.

All the 93 codes:

Quote:
Pontiac Bonneville WA8554 , 40 33755 Exterior White 91 - 05
Pontiac Bonneville WA8555 , 41 33756 Exterior Black 91 - 05
Pontiac Bonneville WA8743 , 28 35313,95122 Exterior Black Sapphire Met. 91 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA8774 , 81 31165,34983 Exterior Brt Red 93 - 97
Pontiac Bonneville WA8966 , 22 35879 Exterior Lt. Saphr. Blue Met. 91 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA8979 , 72 35894 Exterior Med. Garnet Red Met. 91 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9382 , 29 38158 Exterior Dk Sapphire Blue Met 92 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA9753 , 16 44120 Exterior Brt White 93 - 00
Pontiac Bonneville WA9789 , 14 45729,85751 Exterior Lt Gray Met 93 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9795 , 18 45730,85752 Exterior Dk Green Gray Met 92 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9805 , 57 45736,75857 Exterior Lt Beige Met 92 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9806 , 48 45733,65758 Exterior Dk Yellow Green Met 92 - 97
Pontiac Bonneville WA9926 , 91 35589,46838 Exterior Purple Prl 93 - 95
willwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:38 AM   #9
Senior Member
True Car Nut
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The South
Posts: 3,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lowrider0308 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Quote:
Pontiac Bonneville WA9789 , 14 45729,85751 Exterior Lt Gray Met 93 - 95
This appears to be the only gray for 93. But VERIFY code WA9789 on your RPO label first.

All the 93 codes:

Quote:
Pontiac Bonneville WA8554 , 40 33755 Exterior White 91 - 05
Pontiac Bonneville WA8555 , 41 33756 Exterior Black 91 - 05
Pontiac Bonneville WA8743 , 28 35313,95122 Exterior Black Sapphire Met. 91 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA8774 , 81 31165,34983 Exterior Brt Red 93 - 97
Pontiac Bonneville WA8966 , 22 35879 Exterior Lt. Saphr. Blue Met. 91 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA8979 , 72 35894 Exterior Med. Garnet Red Met. 91 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9382 , 29 38158 Exterior Dk Sapphire Blue Met 92 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA9753 , 16 44120 Exterior Brt White 93 - 00
Pontiac Bonneville WA9789 , 14 45729,85751 Exterior Lt Gray Met 93 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9795 , 18 45730,85752 Exterior Dk Green Gray Met 92 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9805 , 57 45736,75857 Exterior Lt Beige Met 92 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9806 , 48 45733,65758 Exterior Dk Yellow Green Met 92 - 97
Pontiac Bonneville WA9926 , 91 35589,46838 Exterior Purple Prl 93 - 95
bingo....light gray metalic

thanks peter and bill!
Lowrider0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #10
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,797
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peterg22000 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider0308
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Quote:
Pontiac Bonneville WA9789 , 14 45729,85751 Exterior Lt Gray Met 93 - 95
This appears to be the only gray for 93. But VERIFY code WA9789 on your RPO label first.

All the 93 codes:

Quote:
Pontiac Bonneville WA8554 , 40 33755 Exterior White 91 - 05
Pontiac Bonneville WA8555 , 41 33756 Exterior Black 91 - 05
Pontiac Bonneville WA8743 , 28 35313,95122 Exterior Black Sapphire Met. 91 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA8774 , 81 31165,34983 Exterior Brt Red 93 - 97
Pontiac Bonneville WA8966 , 22 35879 Exterior Lt. Saphr. Blue Met. 91 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA8979 , 72 35894 Exterior Med. Garnet Red Met. 91 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9382 , 29 38158 Exterior Dk Sapphire Blue Met 92 - 93
Pontiac Bonneville WA9753 , 16 44120 Exterior Brt White 93 - 00
Pontiac Bonneville WA9789 , 14 45729,85751 Exterior Lt Gray Met 93 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9795 , 18 45730,85752 Exterior Dk Green Gray Met 92 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9805 , 57 45736,75857 Exterior Lt Beige Met 92 - 95
Pontiac Bonneville WA9806 , 48 45733,65758 Exterior Dk Yellow Green Met 92 - 97
Pontiac Bonneville WA9926 , 91 35589,46838 Exterior Purple Prl 93 - 95
bingo....light gray metalic thanks peter and will!
where the heck did that info come from Will? if thats in the tech info im not even going to bother with the list i have in detailing and apperance, It already took hours to get that info that is there now and im not going to spend even more trying to fix all the problems with it
Peterg22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RPO code question. bonniecruzer General GM Chat 2 06-18-2007 12:57 PM
Radio RPO question Bonneville92V688 Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 7 05-09-2006 08:03 PM
RPO code question GonneVille Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 4 03-22-2005 05:26 PM
RPO mismatches...maybe? Its fun to look up RPO's bmsgaffer86 General GM Chat 6 03-03-2005 11:29 PM
RPO question L27Buick General GM Chat 3 11-21-2004 02:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.