where do I find tail light tinting stuff ? - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Detailing & Appearance Discuss washing, waxing and detailing information as well as interior/exterior cosmetic modifications. This includes neons, body, cosmetic wheels, etc. Even under the hood detailing.

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2006, 11:53 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
harofreak00 is on a distinguished road
Default

bill used a satin clear... who knows why
harofreak00 is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #22
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llBlazin_llLo


OR



I think Ryan wins this one...
Blazin, I used a semi-gloss/matte clear. On purpose. I didn't want gloss. I see orangepeel/ripples in the other one you posted.

I handled John'* personally. I think he wins. Your argument really needs to end. MOST people do it themselves with great results. Paying for it is a waste.

We speak from personal experience. Because we've DONE it. And you haven't personally seen ours.

I've done 4 sets and I challenge you to find a flaw other than your personal taste in finish. Everything from light to dark, and from Matte to Glossy. I've tinted more tails than probably any other member on this forum.
willwren is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #23
Senior Member
Posts like a Supercharger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JLAudioEclipse is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwren
Quote:
Originally Posted by llBlazin_llLo


OR



I think Ryan wins this one...
Blazin, I used a semi-gloss/matte clear. On purpose. I didn't want gloss. I see orangepeel/ripples in the other one you posted.

I handled John'* personally. I think he wins. Your argument really needs to end. MOST people do it themselves with great results. Paying for it is a waste.

We speak from personal experience. Because we've DONE it. And you haven't personally seen ours.

I've done 4 sets and I challenge you to find a flaw other than your personal taste in finish. Everything from light to dark, and from Matte to Glossy. I've tinted more tails than probably any other member on this forum.
No that is dust on the lens... like I said the picture doesn't even do Ryan'* tails justice...
I can't even believe that you are fighting this... Willwren are you going to paint your hood with a can of spraypaint and a can of clear? Prolly Not... humm I wonder why? You put the best 'self done' tails right next to Ryan'* tails and you'll be able to tell which ones are done in the paint shop. I guess you haven't personally seen Ryan'* either now?

How is paying for them to get done a waste when it cost less then if you were going to do them yourself - Not even factoring in you time. I gues you should paint your hood with a can of spray paint b/c getting it done at a bodyshop would be a waste.

Yet again Willwren you don't know me... I've done many more then 4 sets of tails - for even other members on here... They look good but it doesn't compare to a bodyshop. Why do you think Ryan wanted to get them done at a bodyshop?

Yet again you try to get the last word in and say 'don't post in here anymore' and 'your argument really needs to end'. Nice...

You didn't want me to post any more so Ryan is...
JLAudioEclipse is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #24
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
95naSTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95naSTA is on a distinguished road
Default

So how about we just move on from the pissing contest...
So there are two options.
VHT+Clear
or
Bodyshop
Results are posted so people can make up thier own minds from that.
95naSTA is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #25
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bonney Lake/Ellensburg, Washington- WCBF '04, '05, '06, '07 Survivor-
Posts: 7,098
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
driverjohn2005 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudioEclipse

No that is dust on the lens... like I said the picture doesn't even do Ryan'* tails justice...
I can't even believe that you are fighting this... Willwren are you going to paint your hood with a can of spraypaint and a can of clear? Prolly Not... humm I wonder why? You put the best 'self done' tails right next to Ryan'* tails and you'll be able to tell which ones are done in the paint shop. I guess you haven't personally seen Ryan'* either now?

How is paying for them to get done a waste when it cost less then if you were going to do them yourself - Not even factoring in you time. I gues you should paint your hood with a can of spray paint b/c getting it done at a bodyshop would be a waste.

Yet again Willwren you don't know me... I've done many more then 4 sets of tails - for even other members on here... They look good but it doesn't compare to a bodyshop. Why do you think Ryan wanted to get them done at a bodyshop?
\

I cannot belive how childish some members can be WE're talking about simple taillights and they get so defensive, to the point that they are insulting an Admin and a Moderator. I guess I take great pride in the work both Bill and I have done with my tailamps and with the numerous sets he has done. I wouldn't like such a small job as taillamps to go to a body shop, talk about embarassment. Do you take your car to the dealership to have the wiperblades changed just because the ones they sell at Autozone don't "compare" to the dealerships? Frankly I don't like to throw away money where it is not needed.

Quote:
Yet again you try to get the last word in and say 'don't post in here anymore' and 'your argument really needs to end'. Nice...

You didn't want me to post any more so Ryan is...
But guess what, I can by locking this
driverjohn2005 is offline  
Old 03-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #26
Junior Member
Posts like a Ricer Type-R
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
willwren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: where do I find tail light tinting stuff ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_man76
I have seen others on here that have tinted their taillights , and I was wondering what and where to get it.
I think it strayed folks. This is the original topic post. He obviously wants to do it himself from what he posted. So we show him where to get it and tell him how. Getting into a pissing match over quality is childish as John pointed out.

John locked this topic for a good reason. Nobody that has personally seen any of the tails I tinted has found a flaw with them. And anybody can achieve the same results. So simply stating a body shop as an OPTION would have been the high road to take without trying to insult other people'* work.

This isn't clubGP or some ricer forum where daily insults are common fodder, even when it'* not warranted.
willwren is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tail light tinting 1995SESC495HP Lounge 4 06-14-2005 06:39 PM
Tinting the tail lights 1995SESC495HP Detailing & Appearance 6 06-14-2005 02:35 AM
Tinting of tail lights.. BonneAlien Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 18 02-17-2003 01:44 AM
Tinting the tail-lights..its lookin good.. BonneAlien 1992-1999 7 12-02-2002 10:16 AM
Tinting the tail lights.... boseman350 General GM Chat 4 08-29-2002 11:37 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.