Any present or former monte carlo owners? - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Chevrolet When starting new posts, please specify YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE type, and whatever modifications you have made.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
predman is on a distinguished road
Default

There getting hard to find, i looked at a few but they eaither had 350'* or a diffrent engine and or carb / intake modifications such as elderbrock carb. my street racin days are done and besides the police have realy cracked down on crusin and street racin here since my days so if it does a good smoke show and sound nice im all set. good luck in getting one i get people comming up to me when i put gas in it or its just sitting next to the garage at work.
predman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #32
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
SpinEm_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SpinEm_90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predman View Post
There getting hard to find, i looked at a few but they eaither had 350'* or a diffrent engine and or carb / intake modifications such as elderbrock carb. my street racin days are done and besides the police have realy cracked down on crusin and street racin here since my days so if it does a good smoke show and sound nice im all set. good luck in getting one i get people comming up to me when i put gas in it or its just sitting next to the garage at work.
Ohh well I am looking for pretty much only a shell lol I just want a car with no rust, no dents, windows still intact & just basic stuff like that. I wanna put a whole new engine, trans, rear-end, etc & redo the entire interior sooo yeah hopefully it won't be too hard to find something but it seems like it'* hard to find a 84 SS in general. Oh man that sucks, where do you live? My dad use to be one of the biggest street racers around here back in the day but I try to resist that lol.
SpinEm_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
predman is on a distinguished road
Default

I live in Maine, your better off where you are to find one rust free, here rust is a fact of life, i rember back in the day a freind of mine had a 86 with a 454 in it, guy could not keep rear ends in it, he had to custom make his headers, car would pass anything but a gas station, i had a regal T type and i couldnt keep up with that monster.

We used to crusie a strip in Bangor called Broadway, then moved it to the downtown area, very small compared to any major city, dont tell that to alot of the folks that live in Bangor they think its a metroplolitin city, the police would come in the area around 11pm every friday and sat night right on time and schedual so we knew when they would show up and be all good little nice boys, hudge change now with all the toyota'* , honda'* and neon'* running around with lowerd suspention kits, a sound system that cost more then the car and all kinds of diffrent lights and of course the sound muffler that makes em sound like a popcorn fart in a coca cola can lol
predman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #34
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
SpinEm_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SpinEm_90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predman View Post
I live in Maine, your better off where you are to find one rust free, here rust is a fact of life, i rember back in the day a freind of mine had a 86 with a 454 in it, guy could not keep rear ends in it, he had to custom make his headers, car would pass anything but a gas station, i had a regal T type and i couldnt keep up with that monster.

We used to crusie a strip in Bangor called Broadway, then moved it to the downtown area, very small compared to any major city, dont tell that to alot of the folks that live in Bangor they think its a metroplolitin city, the police would come in the area around 11pm every friday and sat night right on time and schedual so we knew when they would show up and be all good little nice boys, hudge change now with all the toyota'* , honda'* and neon'* running around with lowerd suspention kits, a sound system that cost more then the car and all kinds of diffrent lights and of course the sound muffler that makes em sound like a popcorn fart in a coca cola can lol
Man that sucks, rust can get pretty bad here. Just depends on how bad our winters are & all. Nicee, idk if I wanna go all out with a 454 or if I wanna do the same setup as my dirt race car with the 406 in it. I still got time to decide though. Man that sucks, those ricers are always ruining things lol the cops are really strict around here too, on Friday & Saturdays around here (especially when the schools are having events going on) the cops are everywhere & they will bust you for anything & everything! I hope to invest in a radar detector eventually
SpinEm_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MONTE MAN is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi! I"m new to this i can proudly say i"m a owner of a 1971 monte carlo
MONTE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MONTE MAN is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry my name is monte man u have a real nice car
MONTE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #37
Senior Member

True Car Nut
 
sseidriver97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portage mi
Posts: 7,124
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
sseidriver97 is on a distinguished road
Default

i had a 78 monte with a 383 stroker motor and th 400 trans 3.43 rear end but i sold it i was like 15 when i had that car hehe it was my second or third car idr
sseidriver97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #38
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
Thread Starter
 
SpinEm_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SpinEm_90 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTE MAN View Post
Hi! I"m new to this i can proudly say i"m a owner of a 1971 monte carlo
Oh wow it'* gorgeous! & thanks! I'm glad there'* another monte on here =) hopefully you stick around longer then my other buddies did lol you need to make an intro post in the intro for new members section =)
SpinEm_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: iowa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brandon Ferring is on a distinguished road
Default

where did u get those rims from on ur red 2004 Monte??
Brandon Ferring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
Junior Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Chritters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bowmanville,Ont,Canada
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chritters is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey Nice too meet all you Monte Guys and girls I own a 2000 Monte Carlo SS now but Ive owned a 86 Monte Carlo Showcar and a 87 Monte SS. Check out my Photo albums when you get a chance.
Chritters
Chritters is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the former Bonneville owners' theme song eltatertoto Lounge 3 10-08-2011 11:46 PM
Majestic Teal owners (and former owners!) UNITE! Mortehl Lounge 47 01-21-2006 09:59 PM
83 monte carlo Muslimsteel General GM Chat 8 06-23-2003 04:03 PM
Monte Carlo 97' z33 vs. Bonnie SSEi Livewirerd General GM Chat 2 05-19-2003 09:16 PM
Monte Carlo SS vze3r85p Lounge 9 12-30-2002 07:34 PM


Tags
monte carlo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.