Bought a GMOS-09... No sound - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Audio (and aftermarket electronics) This is your place for alarms, remote starters, to brag about your system, exaggerate your db levels, or simply ask questions for stock or aftermarket audio. No Flames! (except from roasted amps)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ddalder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick94prix
Also, I would meter the amp turn on lead at the amp itself. If the radio'* on, and nothing at the amp, then obviously there'* a problem.

A simple 18 gauge wire will do the trick for testing. Fused, of course, with a 3-5 amp fuse should be more than plenty.
This is exactly what I recommended a few posts ago. I'm still waiting for the results. I hadn't included the fuse though for a few reasons. I won't bother to elaborate here, however certainly isn't a bad idea.
ddalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #32
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
KTBoom2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, IN
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KTBoom2006 is on a distinguished road
Default

Well I am still no where. My brother-in-law has the meter so I haven't had a chance to do that. I just don't understand why they make a harness that is supposed to work but it hasn't yet for me. And on this whole forum, I haven't read 1 sucess story with using a harness. Everything I have read everyone has rewired the system or just stop talking about it to where I don't know if the problem was fixed. I really want my cdplayer put in. Oh ya, I grabbed a different aftermarket cd player to make sure that mine wasn't broke. So they both didn't have sound coming out.


I didn't get the PM with the wire diagram
KTBoom2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #33
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maumee, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
slick94prix is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah, he got it on the other forum.

Check your amplifier fuses.
slick94prix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #34
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
Thread Starter
 
KTBoom2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, IN
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KTBoom2006 is on a distinguished road
Default

This is her husband. As far as fuses and amp being no good. I don't see how that is possible. Everything works perfectly after plugging factory h/u back in. Also my Alpine 9855 out of my Beretta worked flawlessly before the pull to try in her car. We also have had no issues out of her 9831 even though I wanted to eliminate rca outputs problems. No need to worry about the h/u internal amp since we aren't using it.

I have hooked up the remote lead wire from the 9831/9855 directly to the factory harness to pin A3 which is the pink wire. No luck with the audio there. My only other alternative is to run a remote wire directly to the amp and hook it up that way. Although everyone says just running it to the pin A3 should solve her problem.

On the gmos-09 harness going from the remote lead into the module then out into a bluish grey wire reading remote turn on (12v) plugs directly into the factory harness Pin A3. Which would seem I don't need to run a seperate remote wire directly to the amp or the Pin A3 from the aftermarket h/u.

Is there soemthing I am missing other than trying the remote wire from aftermarket h/u to the monsoon amp itself?

Thanks Chris for the help on bstuff.
KTBoom2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #35
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FiReDeViL is on a distinguished road
Default

just to give you a heads up guys im doin some checking with my internal Installer forums for work and will see if theres been some other solutions for this

heres one suggestion ive seen so far

"i would try jumping the remote turn on wire around the gmos09. I have seen quite a few that werent producing a 12v signal, or were producing a constant 12v signal... so I wouldnt doubt it if that is your issue. If that still doesnt work, Then you can use the mtx rca-speaker wire plugs (or cut up a set of rca'*) and wire your audio around the gmos as well. "
FiReDeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #36
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maumee, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
slick94prix is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReDeViL
just to give you a heads up guys im doin some checking with my internal Installer forums for work and will see if theres been some other solutions for this
I can check mine Wednesday morning when I work as well.
slick94prix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #37
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FiReDeViL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick94prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReDeViL
just to give you a heads up guys im doin some checking with my internal Installer forums for work and will see if theres been some other solutions for this
I can check mine Wednesday morning when I work as well.
where do you work?
FiReDeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #38
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ddalder is on a distinguished road
Default

Ladies and gentlemen. Perhaps it isn't clear to everyone here, but it seems MOST LIKELY that the problem is related to turning on the amplifier. Solving this requires a logical approach to determine where the fault exists. Since you are either unable or unwilling to complete what I've asked, I'm not prepared to provide further input at this time. Either you want to follow logical troubleshooting techniques or you don't. For now, I'm assuming the latter. Good luck.
ddalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #39
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maumee, OH
Posts: 529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
slick94prix is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBoom2006
This is her husband. As far as fuses and amp being no good. I don't see how that is possible. Everything works perfectly after plugging factory h/u back in. Also my Alpine 9855 out of my Beretta worked flawlessly before the pull to try in her car. We also have had no issues out of her 9831 even though I wanted to eliminate rca outputs problems. No need to worry about the h/u internal amp since we aren't using it.

I have hooked up the remote lead wire from the 9831/9855 directly to the factory harness to pin A3 which is the pink wire. No luck with the audio there. My only other alternative is to run a remote wire directly to the amp and hook it up that way. Although everyone says just running it to the pin A3 should solve her problem.

On the gmos-09 harness going from the remote lead into the module then out into a bluish grey wire reading remote turn on (12v) plugs directly into the factory harness Pin A3. Which would seem I don't need to run a seperate remote wire directly to the amp or the Pin A3 from the aftermarket h/u.

Is there soemthing I am missing other than trying the remote wire from aftermarket h/u to the monsoon amp itself?

Thanks Chris for the help on bstuff.
I still suggest running it right to the amp, who knows, maybe it has to pass through the BCM or something retarded at some point. I wouldn't necessarily run the wire until you have tested it though with a switched 12V lead however.

Also, maybe the amp is turning on, but the signal output from the HU itself to the amplifier is out of it'* normal range. They make amplifier integration adapters that go in line, and are adjustable to tune the speaker level.

I can't quite remember, but does anyone happen to know if the amplifier is speaker level input or low level input?

If it'* low level, pick up a set of these: http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...t=products.asp

Except about 5.5ft shorter than the 6ft'*.
slick94prix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #40
Senior Member
Certified GM nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FiReDeViL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalder
Ladies and gentlemen. Perhaps it isn't clear to everyone here, but it seems MOST LIKELY that the problem is related to turning on the amplifier. Solving this requires a logical approach to determine where the fault exists. Since you are either unable or unwilling to complete what I've asked, I'm not prepared to provide further input at this time. Either you want to follow logical troubleshooting techniques or you don't. For now, I'm assuming the latter. Good luck.
since i have seen no feedback on if a remote turn on lead was tested (which would INDEED point to an amp turn on issue) i posted the suggestion i had received from installers who have delt DIRECTLY with this car and this module...

which would seem to me to be backing up your amp turn on issue prediction, and infact leading one to beleive this is a common issue on the modules. ive personally delt with the OSO4 and OSO1 and finally ended up scrapping them in favor of rewiring
.
FiReDeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gmos-09 no sound ajbullock Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 7 08-15-2010 02:17 PM
HELP! GMOS-09 Install and no audio out.. SAMzGXP Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 2 05-03-2009 01:43 PM
Install new amp, bypass bose amp, GMOS-09 immusicman Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 4 04-20-2009 03:43 AM
2000 SSEi - GMOS-09 connections lglarum Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 15 03-29-2008 02:05 AM
Metron GMOS-5 aftermarket radio hook up now available !!! cowboy Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 10 10-29-2004 04:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.