Aux Input/iPod: Now tangible updates w/Pics! - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


Audio (and aftermarket electronics) This is your place for alarms, remote starters, to brag about your system, exaggerate your db levels, or simply ask questions for stock or aftermarket audio. No Flames! (except from roasted amps)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #21
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aCiD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettecrazy
Very impressive.

Now what would be cool is if you could find a spot to mount a 1/8" plug onto the front of the stock HU so that you could plug any aux directly into the HU on the front.

How does the HU determine the different sources? What was your "ipod" labeled as, what did the HU think it was?
What I'm doing to hook things up will be AMAZING when finished, I won't say anymore till I have the parts.

The HU simply believe'* it'* the tape input, the additional circuity and fancy things I have on order will allow me to dynamically select CD or AUX. Since the stereo isn't designed to have an AUX in at all it doesn't even know what'* going on. This is just a complicated way to trick it
aCiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY (college)
Posts: 6,182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
corvettecrazy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCiD
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettecrazy
Very impressive.

Now what would be cool is if you could find a spot to mount a 1/8" plug onto the front of the stock HU so that you could plug any aux directly into the HU on the front.

How does the HU determine the different sources? What was your "ipod" labeled as, what did the HU think it was?
What I'm doing to hook things up will be AMAZING when finished, I won't say anymore till I have the parts.

The HU simply believe'* it'* the tape input, the additional circuity and fancy things I have on order will allow me to dynamically select CD or AUX. Since the stereo isn't designed to have an AUX in at all it doesn't even know what'* going on. This is just a complicated way to trick it
I have a pretty good idea on how its done/can do it. But I wont spoil it for you or anyone else.
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aCiD is on a distinguished road
Default

Oh, something I forgot to say, it'* impossible to put a 1/8 input on the front of the stereo, behind the ENTIRE face is a PCB for all the controls/lights.

Plus, that would destroy the super stock look I'm going for.
aCiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #24
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY (college)
Posts: 6,182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
corvettecrazy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCiD
Oh, something I forgot to say, it'* impossible to put a 1/8 input on the front of the stereo, behind the ENTIRE face is a PCB for all the controls/lights.

Plus, that would destroy the super stock look I'm going for.

so its going in the ash tray???
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #25
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aCiD is on a distinguished road
Default

lol, no more speculation!

You'll see when it'* all done.

As another hint, there'* even going to be more than one input method!
aCiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #26
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melrose
Posts: 4,596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BLACK94SSEi is on a distinguished road
Default

Damn impressive. I wish I had the smarts and know how to do that kind of stuff. Thats re-engineering right there!!

BTW the lab you show there, is that work or school? Just curious.
BLACK94SSEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #27
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aCiD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK94SSEi
Damn impressive. I wish I had the smarts and know how to do that kind of stuff. Thats re-engineering right there!!

BTW the lab you show there, is that work or school? Just curious.
School, Queen'* University at Kingston Ontario.

That'* our newest Engineering building, it'* really beautiful and hi-tech and all those things.
aCiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:49 PM   #28
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnie94ssei is on a distinguished road
Default

DAMN that'* awesome. I can't wait to see the pics!!
bonnie94ssei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #29
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aCiD is on a distinguished road
Default

Project successfully complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Info/pics later, and documented instructions even later!
aCiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #30
Senior Member
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnie94ssei is on a distinguished road
Default

AWESOME!

I bet it'* so sweet you can't form coherent sentences!
bonnie94ssei is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do you run your ipod/aux in? eltatertoto Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 22 11-09-2011 11:07 AM
Aux input for ipod/mp3 player PRODIGY1017 Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 7 10-27-2009 12:51 PM
93 ipod input *Finished with pics* John Deere Boy Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 12 12-31-2006 11:09 PM
Aux input on Stock AM/FM/CD Player glanghus Audio (and aftermarket electronics) 0 04-05-2004 12:25 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.