need advice on tips look - Page 3 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


2000-2005 Discuss your 2000-2005 Bonneville SE, SLE, and SSEi Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2005, 01:47 AM   #21
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
bonnevillemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnevillemac is on a distinguished road
Default

The trunk piece I am referring to is the plastic piece on the outside of the trunk that has the amber lenses in it for continuity of the taillights.

Clearing the tailights is not really hard it is just time consuming. The best way to do it is get a dremel tool and a engraving bit, remove the tailights and go to it.

Remove the tailights and you'll see a little triangle shaped groove around the amber to cut out. Just cut around two sides of it. Make the cuts larger than the amber so it will all come out in one piece. You may have to break some of the amber to get it out though.

Look around the club plenty of people have done this mod, myself included. Look at other cars you may decide you don't want to do it. If you don't like the look dont start the job. If you break one of the lenses, it will set you back a couple bills to get it replaced.

If you do like it and want to do it give me a holler I can walk you step by step.


Tim
bonnevillemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:58 AM   #22
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sauk Centre, MN
Posts: 5,458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OLBlueEyesBonne is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonneMeMN
DO rolled ovals.
Like these!!! These are magnaflows, but I don't know the part #. They are rolled lip stainless steel with resonators.

OLBlueEyesBonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:16 AM   #23
Senior Member
Posts like a Northstar
 
bonnevillemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bonnevillemac is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah those look great!!. I used the ractive oval tip and it looks killer too



Tim
bonnevillemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mremer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnevillemac
The trunk piece I am referring to is the plastic piece on the outside of the trunk that has the amber lenses in it for continuity of the taillights.

Clearing the tailights is not really hard it is just time consuming. The best way to do it is get a dremel tool and a engraving bit, remove the tailights and go to it.

Remove the tailights and you'll see a little triangle shaped groove around the amber to cut out. Just cut around two sides of it. Make the cuts larger than the amber so it will all come out in one piece. You may have to break some of the amber to get it out though.

Look around the club plenty of people have done this mod, myself included. Look at other cars you may decide you don't want to do it. If you don't like the look dont start the job. If you break one of the lenses, it will set you back a couple bills to get it replaced.

If you do like it and want to do it give me a holler I can walk you step by step.


Tim
Check out my cardomain page. I am pretty sure I was the first 2000+ member here to clear the tails and trunk piece. I have step by step directions as well as pictures here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/392930/4

mremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:02 PM   #25
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Westerville , Ohio
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harry is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust tips

I thought about doing the same thing. I was going with the round ones ,maybe a little smaller. But instead I went to Pep Boys and bought some spray on bright chrome and sprayed the stock ones. Before everyone says " SPRAY ON" I think it looks good. Believe me if didn't think it look good I would not leave it on the car.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:32 AM   #26
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hvactech is on a distinguished road
Default

Definately go with the GXP style duals. I'm gonna do the same thing so let me know if you find some for a decent price.
hvactech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 AM   #27
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Groton, CT _NEBF 05, 06, 07_
Posts: 2,703
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
markwb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Exhaust tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
But instead I went to Pep Boys and bought some spray on bright chrome and sprayed the stock ones. Before everyone says " SPRAY ON" I think it looks good.
How'* it looking? I may be interested in doing that also. Can you put pics up?
markwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #28
Member
Posts like a V-Tak
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Westerville , Ohio
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harry is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust tips

I would post photos but I not sure how.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #29
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mike_peperni is on a distinguished road
Default

just give the url(adress) between [img] and [/img]
and the pic will show off, i me too i want to see a pic

and hvactech,
ill post as soon ill get them installed, small question for u: im planning to put a 3.4 pulley
on the bonne, and want to know if u feel a big difference?and did u try it on quarter?

sorry if i go offtopic

mike_peperni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:33 AM   #30
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Groton, CT _NEBF 05, 06, 07_
Posts: 2,703
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
markwb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Exhaust tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
I would post photos but I not sure how.
Harry, You also need a web based host for photos like Cardomain, or photo bucket. Once you upload your photos to the web & have a url, you'll be able to post them as per Mike'* instruction above. Utilize the bbcode tags to insert photos into a reply, or your signature etc.
markwb is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
feedback, tips, advice - potential new owner sl63409 General GM Chat 9 09-24-2007 02:59 AM
REMOLDING TIPS/ADVICE ColorMeBadd2 Detailing & Appearance 2 11-26-2006 01:02 AM
Nasty Exhaust Tips? Tips on cleaning your Tips..pics within! SSEimatt93 Detailing & Appearance 11 08-21-2006 08:19 PM
Advice or tips for tune up Richard V 1992-1999 23 11-29-2005 01:54 PM
cool tips...for tips? atauri_92 Detailing & Appearance 6 06-19-2005 03:06 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.