whats wrong? - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


1992-1999 Series I L27 (1992-1994 SE,SLE, SSE) & Series II L36 (1995-1999 SE, SSE, SLE) and common problems for the Series I and II L67 (all supercharged models 92-99) Including Olds 88's, Olds LSS's and Buick Lesabres Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #31
Retired Senior Admin

Expert Gearhead
 
Danthurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sheboygan Wisconsin
Posts: 29,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Danthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetdreams21
Im pretty sure I saw what you're talking about (went back out to look) but I dont see anything I can do to move the wire, Its plugged right into the spark plug which is almost at a direct angel to the sensor
You shoudl be able to reroute the sensor wire. I have to go change the fuel filter on my wifes van now. So I wont be back for a little while. Good luck.
Danthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #32
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mason City, Iowa
Posts: 287
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
velvetdreams21 is on a distinguished road
Default

I moved the wiring and secured it in its new place and either that worked or the car just needed to run some gunk out of the engine or something cause I took it out and after a few seconds of running it stopped jerking. I'm gonna head down and buy some Seafoam tomorow and pour it in the tank to clean out some more gunk and hopefully it stays working now. If not I'll come back and update
velvetdreams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #33
Retired Senior Admin

Expert Gearhead
 
Danthurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sheboygan Wisconsin
Posts: 29,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Danthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to allDanthurs is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetdreams21
I moved the wiring and secured it in its new place and either that worked or the car just needed to run some gunk out of the engine or something cause I took it out and after a few seconds of running it stopped jerking. I'm gonna head down and buy some Seafoam tomorow and pour it in the tank to clean out some more gunk and hopefully it stays working now. If not I'll come back and update
Cool, hopefully that'* all it was.
Danthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #34
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mason City, Iowa
Posts: 287
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
velvetdreams21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthurs
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetdreams21
I moved the wiring and secured it in its new place and either that worked or the car just needed to run some gunk out of the engine or something cause I took it out and after a few seconds of running it stopped jerking. I'm gonna head down and buy some Seafoam tomorow and pour it in the tank to clean out some more gunk and hopefully it stays working now. If not I'll come back and update
Cool, hopefully that'* all it was.
It wasnt, had to go move the car to the other side of the road and I floored it to see and its still doing it :-/
velvetdreams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #35
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In your garage, swipin' da lug nutz
Posts: 3,067
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sandrock is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok...this might be airflow related.

Unplug your MAF sensor and see if the problem goes away. If it does, either the MAF is bad...or it'* very dirty.
sandrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #36
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mason City, Iowa
Posts: 287
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
velvetdreams21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrock
Ok...this might be airflow related.

Unplug your MAF sensor and see if the problem goes away. If it does, either the MAF is bad...or it'* very dirty.
Whats the MAF sensor and where is it located?
velvetdreams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #37
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In your garage, swipin' da lug nutz
Posts: 3,067
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sandrock is on a distinguished road
Default

Name:  GEDC0949.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  99.8 KB

It is the sensor that has the number ending in -03....there are three wires coming out of it. Unplug it, see if the driving improves any. Do not run it like this longterm...this is just a test. If the sensor is unplugged, the computer will default to the internal values programmed into it, so it will still run, though not as well as it could.

Actually, let'* get it cleaned first, before doing the unplugging test. You will need to take the sensor off of the TB, and clean the two resistor wires with MAF cleaner spray....do not use anything else but that spray! You can find it at autozone or advance....or any other auto part store for that matter.
sandrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #38
Senior Member
Posts like a Turbo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mason City, Iowa
Posts: 287
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
velvetdreams21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrock
It is the sensor that has the number ending in -03....there are three wires coming out of it. Unplug it, see if the driving improves any. Do not run it like this longterm...this is just a test. If the sensor is unplugged, the computer will default to the internal values programmed into it, so it will still run, though not as well as it could.

Actually, let'* get it cleaned first, before doing the unplugging test. You will need to take the sensor off of the TB, and clean the two resistor wires with MAF cleaner spray....do not use anything else but that spray! You can find it at autozone or advance....or any other auto part store for that matter.
Ok, I'll try and take care of that later today. Thanks
velvetdreams21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrong place at the wrong time.. UPDATE bonnie94ssei Forced Induction 19 09-17-2006 06:39 PM
Wrong Just Wrong BLACK94SSEi Lounge 24 03-30-2006 11:44 PM
180 stat, whats wrong here White Lightning 1992-1999 22 02-22-2004 12:55 PM
Whats wrong with the club time? ssesc93 Lounge 9 07-09-2003 11:49 PM
Whats wrong ?? BonneAlien 1992-1999 2 02-12-2003 03:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.