Pressure wash - Page 4 - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


1992-1999 Series I L27 (1992-1994 SE,SLE, SSE) & Series II L36 (1995-1999 SE, SSE, SLE) and common problems for the Series I and II L67 (all supercharged models 92-99) Including Olds 88's, Olds LSS's and Buick Lesabres Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2003, 03:42 AM   #31
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Monticello, Minnesota
Posts: 1,520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CraZyDriVer868 is on a distinguished road
Default

ok...i think im goin tuesday ...so tues night ill let ya know...
CraZyDriVer868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:28 PM   #32
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Monticello, Minnesota
Posts: 1,520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CraZyDriVer868 is on a distinguished road
Default

ok...heres the latest...got the car runnin today...cuz it was dead battery cuz i didnt drive it for a couple days...took it out on the road...ran fine...kicked it odwn...ran fine...go to my friends house...turned it off...turned it on later hwen i left...gave it a little gas it was sputtering...then i was on the way home and it was doing waht it did before at like 0 boost......question...would it still be the coil packs or somethin else...?

also i got two coil packs outta a 3.1 would these work in my car...the only thing about them is that the numbers are switched...like the 1 is on the other side than it is on my car...but the numbers are on the right coils...just switched...would these work..? or could it be somethin else?
CraZyDriVer868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:37 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSEi95 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyDriVer868
ok...heres the latest...got the car runnin today...cuz it was dead battery cuz i didnt drive it for a couple days...took it out on the road...ran fine...kicked it odwn...ran fine...go to my friends house...turned it off...turned it on later hwen i left...gave it a little gas it was sputtering...then i was on the way home and it was doing waht it did before at like 0 boost......question...would it still be the coil packs or somethin else...?
It still could be. If the packs aren't firing right it could cause detonation which will mess with the timing. For a cheap as packs are I personally think it is still worth trying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyDriVer868
also i got two coil packs outta a 3.1 would these work in my car...the only thing about them is that the numbers are switched...like the 1 is on the other side than it is on my car...but the numbers are on the right coils...just switched...would these work..? or could it be somethin else?
Do the packs look identical? or just close? The numbers themselvs shouldn't make any difference. On my series 1 */C the packs are interchangeble with one and other, it'* the control unit that tells which post location to fire when. I'd say if it appears to be exactly the same then I would try it. I believe GM made "styles" of coil packs, and not model/year specific ones. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
SSEi95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:40 PM   #34
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Monticello, Minnesota
Posts: 1,520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CraZyDriVer868 is on a distinguished road
Default

they are exactly the same...except the numbers are switched....like i think its 1 and 5....on my car its 1 on left 5 on right....well the one i have is 5 on left...1 on right...
CraZyDriVer868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:46 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSEi95 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyDriVer868
they are exactly the same...except the numbers are switched....like i think its 1 and 5....on my car its 1 on left 5 on right....well the one i have is 5 on left...1 on right...
My educated guess then is this.....

The coil packs that come on the car originally are numbered (usually white lettering) for the cylinder they go too. If you were to get an aftermarket coil pack the numbering is gone because that post could go to any one of a number of cylinders once installed. I say scratch off the numbers and give it a shot.

BTW: one of my coil packs replaced by the local shop a while back (when I washed the engine ) wasn't numbered and once they installed it they just scratched the numbers into the top of it...just for reference.
SSEi95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:48 PM   #36
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Monticello, Minnesota
Posts: 1,520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CraZyDriVer868 is on a distinguished road
Default

alrighty...cool...btw arnt yous uppose to be working??????
CraZyDriVer868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSEi95 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyDriVer868
alrighty...cool...btw arnt yous uppose to be working??????



It'* slow today, I'm always in front of a pc screen, and I'm leaving for the weekend in 34 minutes!!!!!
SSEi95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 07:22 PM   #38
Senior Member
Posts like a Corvette
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Monticello, Minnesota
Posts: 1,520
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CraZyDriVer868 is on a distinguished road
Default

UPDATE i went out and drove my car til it did its stupid thing..then i changed the middle coil and put a new one in...and my god the car thre wme back into my seat after i drove it....thanks ssei for the solution...i cant wait til the msd ones come!!!!! hehehe
CraZyDriVer868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:54 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SSEi95 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyDriVer868
UPDATE i went out and drove my car til it did its stupid thing..then i changed the middle coil and put a new one in...and my god the car thre wme back into my seat after i drove it....thanks ssei for the solution...i cant wait til the msd ones come!!!!! hehehe

SSEi95 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can i pressure wash me engine on my 88 sse.? 88bonnsse Detailing & Appearance 12 01-25-2008 03:26 AM
Wash at home or car wash... big_boss2010 Detailing & Appearance 21 05-01-2004 08:25 PM
Wash and Waxed....In the City (Lots o' Pictures inside) Jim W Your Ride: GM Pictures & Videos 17 05-21-2003 04:13 AM
How do you wash your Bonneville? smellbird General GM Chat 28 04-17-2003 03:14 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.