Perf increases.... - GM Forum - Buick, Cadillac, Chev, Olds, GMC & Pontiac chat


1987-1991 Parley with regards to your 1987 to 1991 Bonneville, Olds 88 or Buick Le Sabre Please use General Chat for non-mechanical issues, and Performance and Brainstorming for improvements.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default Perf increases....

Are there perf chips for my year? Or maybe an aftermarket PCM or ECM or whatever

I know DANG well that these LN3s can put out more than 165 hp...that is just a discrace

i know there are obvious things like a K&N, i already have Bosch +4 Platinum Plugs with like 'pensive wires...so what now, perf coils? Modified intake? HELP!!!

Also, has anyone in the club modded an LN3 and dyno'd it? What is the max hp i can pull out of this thing within reason?

Also, is there a Strut Tower Stabilizer Bar for this year?
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
banned3800 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Perf increases....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcollier07
Are there perf chips for my year? Or maybe an aftermarket PCM or ECM or whatever

I know DANG well that these LN3s can put out more than 165 hp...that is just a discrace

i know there are obvious things like a K&N, i already have Bosch +4 Platinum Plugs with like 'pensive wires...so what now, perf coils? Modified intake? HELP!!!

Also, has anyone in the club modded an LN3 and dyno'd it? What is the max hp i can pull out of this thing within reason?

Also, is there a Strut Tower Stabilizer Bar for this year?
I can't help you too much on performance...

But any STB from a 92-99 H or C body will work on your car... It makes a diffrence... I didn't think it would make the diffrence it does, but it sure did and I knew it the first time around the block...

And as for bosch plugs I had nothing but trouble with them in my cars and my friends car... As well as some chevy V8'*.... I'd use either NGK TR55, AC Delco Rapidfire3, Rapid fire 14, or R44LTS6 or R45LTS6<--- Ac Delco as well and there are a few that like champions as they can provide and easy start in the bone chilling cold weather...

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
banned3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
True Car Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
repinS is on a distinguished road
Default

Ditto on the Bosch. Somehow my dad coaxed Canadian Tire into exchanging that used set of Platinum +4'* for some Rapidfires.
repinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:37 AM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default

do you guys mean to tell me that i spent $8 a plug FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:30 AM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Perf increases....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr's3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcollier07
Are there perf chips for my year? Or maybe an aftermarket PCM or ECM or whatever

I know DANG well that these LN3s can put out more than 165 hp...that is just a discrace

i know there are obvious things like a K&N, i already have Bosch +4 Platinum Plugs with like 'pensive wires...so what now, perf coils? Modified intake? HELP!!!

Also, has anyone in the club modded an LN3 and dyno'd it? What is the max hp i can pull out of this thing within reason?

Also, is there a Strut Tower Stabilizer Bar for this year?
I can't help you too much on performance...

But any STB from a 92-99 H or C body will work on your car... It makes a diffrence... I didn't think it would make the diffrence it does, but it sure did and I knew it the first time around the block...

And as for bosch plugs I had nothing but trouble with them in my cars and my friends car... As well as some chevy V8'*.... I'd use either NGK TR55, AC Delco Rapidfire3, Rapid fire 14, or R44LTS6 or R45LTS6<--- Ac Delco as well and there are a few that like champions as they can provide and easy start in the bone chilling cold weather...
jr, do u mean to tell me that you own 2 of these types and you didn't mod them? Are both 91s bone stock? But anyways, thanks for the help. Also, where can i get an STB to start with?

but i really want to know if there are perf chips out there for these cars...
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:19 AM   #6
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phoenix_flame220 is on a distinguished road
Default

go to the junk yard and look for the newer style bonneville 92-99, you can get a strut brace off one of those. for performance mods:

intake, ricepipe with k/n filter, preferably with heatshield
exhaust, high flow cat and theres a downpipe modification to possibly increase flow
upgrade ignition, search the forum for 'delco upgrade'
read up in the 'first performance mods' in the techinfo.

I have heard of a performance chip available somewhere, but i cannot verify if it exists, or if it works.

with some money and skill you could swap the engine to a supercharged L67, but for most people thats dreamng.
There arent really any mods for this gen because they dont have as much potential as the newer models, and many of 87-91 owners arent interested in souping it up so theres not really a market for it. PLUS they have weak trannies so a dyno might be just enough to force your old girl into retirement...
phoenix_flame220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_flame220
go to the junk yard and look for the newer style bonneville 92-99, you can get a strut brace off one of those. for performance mods:

intake, ricepipe with k/n filter, preferably with heatshield
exhaust, high flow cat and theres a downpipe modification to possibly increase flow
upgrade ignition, search the forum for 'delco upgrade'
read up in the 'first performance mods' in the techinfo.

I have heard of a performance chip available somewhere, but i cannot verify if it exists, or if it works.

with some money and skill you could swap the engine to a supercharged L67, but for most people thats dreamng.
There arent really any mods for this gen because they dont have as much potential as the newer models, and many of 87-91 owners arent interested in souping it up so theres not really a market for it. PLUS they have weak trannies so a dyno might be just enough to force your old girl into retirement...
so basically,

get a 96-03 SSEi and do some mods on it...haha, ok thats what i figured
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phoenix_flame220 is on a distinguished road
Default

you could, but our gen is about 3 and a half billion times better. im not biased i tell you!
phoenix_flame220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:47 AM   #9
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wjcollier07 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_flame220
you could, but our gen is about 3 and a half billion times better. im not biased i tell you!
i know that, thats why i am trying to find another one, 90-91, with a little less numbers on the clock, and this one will be my project car, i could put a 4T60-HD in and im pretty sure that if i really put some brain into it, i could invent potential for this gen....who knows what i might do to it....it does seem easier to just buy a newer one and mod that, but hey, life doesn't have an easy button. Work with what yah got and make it great.
wjcollier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
Posts like a Camaro
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phoenix_flame220 is on a distinguished road
Default

well if your going to try to make a 4T60-HD in then you might as well put in a better engine too. If we all had a more powerful plant under the hood then we could keep up with the newer cars no prob (i hear our cars arent as fat as the new ones...)
phoenix_flame220 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Walmart Net increases 1Q onesweetride Lounge 3 05-18-2010 08:11 PM
Engine noise that increases with acceleration jhut33 2000-2005 8 06-22-2006 10:02 AM
Where to get new tires (HI-PERF's) for the lowest price? OLBlueEyesBonne Lounge 4 04-26-2004 01:28 AM
perf parts for series 1 LeakyBonneville Performance, Brainstorming & Tuning 2 03-25-2003 04:47 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.