this is sunday afternoons project... ripped out the carpet to have it look like this..
ya, its bad
i can now see why GM wants almost $200 per section of this stuff, its pretty complex with all the padding and such
i found some new water problems i was unaware of before, check out how wet the padding is
i knew the rear piece is going to be replaced since some of the carpet is actually missing from some acid, so i am only working on the front...
i worked on it in my driveway for a while, had some laundry detergent soaking on it for a while, notice how the carpet holds all water...it soaked for almost 30 min
after that i took it to the carwash to powerwash it, with some help from the van
heres the inside of the car, check out all that rust from the sitting water! eeeek!
have not yet installed the tailights
secrets in the works
here the carpet hangs to dry, i think it turned out pretty good for its first cleaning, i can always keep doing it